1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real Talk: The Rockets are Held Captive by Harden's Mood Swings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingsha10, Dec 2, 2013.

1. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The man needs to see a sports psychologist or something. It's like you can see physically see the ups and downs through the course of a game. The disparity between when he's trying and when he's not is just staggering.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

shut

the

up

2 people like this.
  3. RocketPowerNick

Harden will be the decider between a 2nd round exit or a chance at the WCF. He's the main wildcard in the group pretty much, for good and bad reasons.

4. Jimmy Chitwood

We seriously can't keep doing this. Something needs to be done. Harden has decided he WILL NOT play defense. Its going to lose us games.

5. cdastros

cdastros Member

Dwight played with much less effort today than harden did.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i wish harden had t-mac's defense. then he would be an elite player.

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

you mad bro? harden sucked balls tonight despite the points he put up. dude does not know how to compete the full 48 minutes. he is easily one of the top 10 most talented players in the league, but his effort keeps him from being elite.

8. Chris Jent MVP

Not enough Lin and Parsons, too much Brooks.

Also: Utah

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is

L
    A
    Z
    Y

He does not play defense.

DD

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

11. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Paul George is clearly better than Harden

12. Chris Jent MVP

Brooks blew it. What the hell is he thinking?

That's why he's a 3rd stringer.

13. cw3k

cw3k Member

Need a coach that Harden respect. McHale is a terrible coach and no one is respecting him.

Look at his treatment on Jones. Jones has been playing amazing and where is here after he got 1 of 5? On the bench. Great motivation.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Houston fans do not deserve Harden/Dwight.

1 person likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Beating the Spurs, and losing to the Jazz. I'm not sure many other teams in the NBA will achieve that this season.

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

This being posted after a loss doesn't make it any less true. I know fans are gonna scream kneejerk but this has been the case the whole season. The problem has been hidden by the heart of guys like Beverley, Parsons and Lin who have willed us to W's. Those are the guys who play cohesively and with/for each other.

James is the leader of this team, and that's why we're not a true threat in the playoffs. Our defense breaks down almost every time down the floor because Harden loses his man and we're forced to make adjustments for his laziness. If guys don't execute the rotations to perfection then they get b****ed at by the guy who caused it. He doesn't even try on D, and his smugness and 'holier-than-thou' attitude on the court will be the downfall of this team if he doesn't get it together. His offensive repertoire is so limited that he resorts to cheap tactics by baiting the refs with a series of head-snaps and arm-flailing to get a whistle. Does it work sometimes? Sure. But refs know how cheap it is and they won't call it in the playoffs or down the stretch of close games.

I'm sorry if I'm ranting, but for someone with such high hopes for this team going in, I really don't want the demise of our promising squad be caused by our "Captain's" crap attitude. I cringe when he yells at Casspi or Howard. But I am yet to see someone stand up and call him out for his lackadaisical effort on both sides of the floor. It's unacceptable for a "superstar" that we're paying $80 million for.

Dwight Howard took a HUGE risk by leaving to come play with James in Houston. I know it's very early in the season, but so far it hasn't payed off for him.

/Rant

3 people like this.
  17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Well this is a double edged sword. If he handles the ball, haters like you will cry ISO, if he doesn't have the ball you will cry mood swings. So yea

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I mean, I understand everyone has an off night. And maybe he felt pressure to make up for Parsons offensively. But damn. If it's happening, adjust please. There are other players on the team who are pretty good if you let them be.

And no one has to conserve that much energy on defensive.

19. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

true that, i wonder what these posters will do if we went back to the Kevin Martin years

20. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

actually there was a point, crucial in the 4th quarter late in the game, where for at least one or two possessions Harden took it upon himself to play good defense. overall in my opinion he played more defense today than all of the season so far.

1 person likes this.