1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

real question. are the rockets the most disappointing team in the 21st Centaury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AAAproduction1, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibm

ibm Member

how's the mavs over-achieved? look at their payroll, look at their choking job in the finals, look at them getting beat by a #8 seed after winning almost 70 games, look at their silly trade this year...

2. scola4president

My point is the mavs never should have beaten us is 2005 they never should have been in the finals, and they never should have won 67 games. Just because they have a blotted payroll doesn't mean jack, look at the other team with a payroll like that, the Knicks.

3. ibm

ibm Member

that's "achieve", not over-achieve.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Worst Thread of the Centaury?
    (did you mean Century?)

5. scola4president

whatever, i guess you expected the rockets to lose that series after they were up 2-0 on dallas coming back to houston. I guess you expected dallas to win that game 7 against San Antonio after Manu took the lead with like 5 seconds left. I guess you expected Dallas to win 67 games the next year, you probaly thought they were going to break the bulls record too, but they couldn't quite do it so their under achievers.

6. ibm

ibm Member

no. i just didn't expect us up 2-0 to begin with. no one did i don't think.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Umm...Atlanta Hawks, Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics, New York Knicks, and etc.

Big time disappointments....Dallas Mavericks, Sacramento Kings, Portland Trailblazers, and Phoenix Suns. They've all have had the best chances in the world to win titles and they didn't capitalize on them. Pretty much lost on or two plays.

Houston has just been fairly average, not too great, but not too bad, or not entirely disappointed.

Realistically speaking, when did we ever have one of the 5 best teams in the league, we have always been steady will in this decade, even if it is first round fodder.

8. scola4president

The sonics have atleast won a playoff series this decade.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I forgot, do they hand out ribbons or plaques for winning a playoff series? I'd like to see the Rockets get out of the first round as much as the next person on this board, but it's not like we were HEAVY favorites in any of the playoff series the past few years.

10. Panda

Panda Member

Do the LA Clippers still exist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.