1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real GM Draft 5.0 Rockets draft Roy at #8 (Without Trade)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Slick Rick, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Toronto:
    1. Andrea Bargnani
    Power Forward. Italy (Benetton Treviso)

If Toronto feels it cannot get fair value from one of the teams in range of drafting Bargnani, then they stand pat and take the kid. While Aldridge may make more sense, teams are starting to play the best players at one time rather then go with a traditional lineup. Which is why I can truly see Bargnani getting a little run at center in 4 years. Why not have the two best palyers on the court at the same time? Great centers are a dime a dozen and hustlers, like Joey Graham, can be had at any position. But offensively-gifted kids, like Bargnani, are few and far between. He has the tools, like all-around shot blocking, to be an effective defender, at least in the post. He will have to work on his boxing out techniques in order to become a legit center. Right now, he’s a few years away from being that type of player. Unfortunately, this all means Charlie Villanueva will be dealt in the near future. For Josh Smith of the Hawks, possibly?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chicago:
    2. Tyrus Thomas
    Power Forward. LSU

Thomas can become a hybrid forward and excel at either position because of his athleticism and timing. Sure, he’s rawer than a decomposed hunk of meat left in the desert, on offense, but he has the tools to be a dominant player in the NBA. Should he have stayed in college and let his game progress? Yes. But when there are hounds of people saying you are a lock for being a #1 pick, why not go for it? He has a lot to work on, but the Bulls can let him develop a little bit off the bench while they go after a temporary replacement at the 4 spot. I cannot see the Bulls taking Thomas, and if they do, a trade is involved. But if no trade is involved, then Chicago gets a kid who can become a dominant player on defense as well as a very effective player on offense. It’s just ahrd to see this pick because he says he’s a 3 and the Bulls have two stellar small forwards. They have the defense and rebounding machine in Andres “Shaggy/The Nightwolf” Nocioni and the all-around scorer in Luol Deng. But players can be dealt in this league and Thomas is the type of potential-laden player the Bulls can draft and let him grow enough without having to force the issue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlotte
    3. Adam Morrison
    Guard/Forward. Gonzaga

Three players (Aldridge, Thomas and Brandon Roy) cancelled workouts with the Bobcats. Bickerstaff hates this, but if they feel Charlotte is not a good fit for them, then why work out for them? With that said, the Bobcats are on the right path and adding a kid like Morrison, over Rudy Gay, makes too much sense. Gay may have more potential, but Gerald Wallace has become a stud at small forward. Morrison would be the 2 guard on offense and guard the lesser of the two perimeter players on the opposing team. He is the late-scorer they lacked in their close games. Gay is certainly a possibility, but I can’t see Charlotte passing up Morrison, who can get them 13-16 points right away, six of which can come in the 4th quarter. Jordan loves competitors and Morrison is that. Not taking anything away from Gay, but between the two, with two seconds left to tie or win the game, Morrison is the guy who should have the ball in the hands.
    Portland:
    4. Rudy Gay
    Small Forward. Connecticut

I really feel they want Gay more than Morrison. Morrison may sell more tickets now, but Gay can be the better overall player in a few years on a perennial All-Star level. The Blazers need offense, but with Morrison off the board, Gay is the answer. Everyone thinks they want Roy and it’s understandable. It’s possible, but Martell Webster has too much going for him to give up on him after just one year. That Boston game was phenomenal. He was able to score at will all over the court and he will be a stud. Maybe not an All-Star, but he’ll a starter for a long time. Back to Gay. Gay brings a lot to the table and they need someone to help fill the void left by Darius Miles when he’s dealt. Viktor Kryhapa, as smart as he is, is not a full-time small forward and Travis Outlaw will probably follow Miles out the door. Gay has the tools to be a dominant defender and scorer at the hardest position to fill in the NBA.
    Atlanta:
    5. LaMarcus Aldridge
    Power Forward. Texas

Is there a promise to Shelden Williams here? No, not if Aldridge is on board. Although Aldridge may have professed a love for the perimeter instead of the post, he will eventually fill out and be a starting center in the NBA. He has the all-around tools offensively to be a complete scorer in the post and on the wing. He has the tools on defense to be a very effective rebounder and shot blocker. But he must prove that he wants it. Having the talent can only get a player so far. Each potential #1 pick has a lot of questions to answer. For Aldridge? Consistency against great opposition. He put up the numbers and looked dominant at times, but ineffective against big and athletic players. He will take some time, but he will find a lot of easy buckets with the Hawks because of his motor and the fact Atlanta’s personnel is made to run. Williams may be promised to the Hawks, but there’s no way they pass on Aldridge for Williams.
    Minnesota:
    6. Randy Foye
    Guard. Villanova

With all the rumors that Minny trades down to grab Foye, I just cannot see them passing him up unless they can get fair value for him. A lower pick and Luther Head doesn’t seem like enough to make the Timberwolves move down two spots, unless they add a future 1st round pick as well. Although they draft Rashad McCants last year, he will be out for at least a month during the regular season and won’t be the same player immediately. He underwent the same micro fracture knee surgery many star players underwent and many of them were not their former selves. So the Foye selection could be insurance in case McCants isn’t ever the palyer he was coming out of UNC. What I like about Foye, and he mentioned this on RealGM Radio, is that he can play bigger than he is. This will help him at shooting guard but if he can develop the necessary point guard skills, he can become a potential Chauncey Billups. He will have to work hard at it, though. Billups was in Minnesota at one point and maybe the front office sees the same potential in him. By adding Foye, they are able to acquire an all-around scorer and strong defender despite being around 6’3”, 6’4”.
    Boston:
    7. Marcus Williams
    Point Guard. Connecticut

I was thinking about Rajon Rondo here and it’s very logical. He’s made for Boston’s system because he can get up and down the court. He can drive & dish. His intangibles make him a solid defender and an all-around potential All-Star. But after thinking about it, I just can’t see how they pass up Williams for Rondo. I feel Rondo can become the more complete player and better player, but he will never be the complete and true point guard Williams is.
    Houston:
    8. Brandon Roy
    Shooting Guard. Washington

There are rumors Houston wants to trade up and brought in Roy for a workout in the past couple of days. He fits the need of having a big guard who can play the point and would be a nice compliment alongside both Rafer Alston and Luther Head. I just can’t see the Timberwolves moving down two spots to grab Foye if the deal is just the #8 and Head. If Houston threw in next year’s first round pick instead of Head, then it’s plausible. But both teams can get the palyers they covet without having to trade. I made this comparison earlier in the season and I will make it again. Roy is like Mario in Super Mario Kart: not great at one thing, but very good at everything and someone a team can win with. I like Roy and feel he can be the Rookie of the Year depending on where he goes. Since tis is the start of the Yao Dynasty, I can see Roy taking it with a nice stat line across the board but just providing the Rockets with an element they haven’t had in a while at the 2. Their real need is a 3 so Tracy McGrady can shift back to the 2, but Roy can make it work out.

2. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

3. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Golden State:
    9. Patrick O'Bryant
    Center. Bradley

The Warriors (come out and play-ieay) draft O’Bryant because he compliments both Ike Diogu and Andris Biedrins very well. I’ve said a lot of reasons why they would take O’Bryant so I will address why they would pass on someone like Shelden Williams and even a Cedric Simmons. With Williams, he is too much like Adonal Foyle but with more of an understanding for the game. He can block shots and rebound, but Diogu can too. They already have a banger in Biedrins and he may be another year away, but the kid has soft hands and can play. They pass on Simmons because he is not there yet. He may have the tools to be a 4/5, but he lacks the potential on offense O’Byant has. They opt for the 20-year-old out of Bradley.
    Seattle:
    10. Shelden Williams
    Forward/Center. Duke

I believe Seattle will pawn off this pick and a team like New Orleans could complete a blockbuster involving Rashard Lewis. No one will confirm it but it makes a lot of sense. Desmond Mason will be in a contract year and Head Coach Byron Scott has said two of the three shooting guards will be gone. Instead of adding someone who can backup or start ahead of Kirk Snyder, they can shift Mason over to the 2, where he can play more efficiently. It could be something like: #10, Lewis and a small contract, like Noel Felix, for the #15 pick, PJ Brown and either Arvydas Macijauskas or Linton Johnson. But if the Sonics stand pat, Williams it is. They can deal Nick Collison if they have to in order to make room for Williams. It’s just hard to see the Sonics take him because their frontcourt is young but showed a lot of improvement under Jack Sikma. (Another coach at the Reebok Eurocamp and knows how to teach big men.) Williams does compliment Chris Wilcox very well, but I just can’t see them staying with Williams. Another option is Ronnie Brewer to compliment everyone, but with Mickael Gelabale coming over, it’s ahrd to see playing time for all of the guards and swingmen. Willaims it is because he can come and contribute immediately.
    Orlando:
    11. Ronnie Brewer
    Shooting Guard. Arkansas

The Magic get their man. Everyone knows they need outside shooting. But Hedo Turkoglu can shoot despite being on and off. He was getting really comfortable late in the season and was a big reason they were able to make the late playoff push they made. Darko Milicic likes to shoot from the top of the key and that helps stretch out the defense for both Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard. Shooting can be worked on and that’s all Brewer needs. This is the start of the fall for J.J. Redick. I am not trying to take anything away from Redick. I know I sound like I hate on him constantly. But the kid can shoot and is one of the hardest workers I’ve ever seen in a player. To go from a skinny guard to where he’s at now has been amazing. In regards to Brewer, they add someone who compliments Nelson very well. He has the defense DeShawn Stevenson has but can offer a whole lot more on offense. With Brewer, they officially make the playoffs.
    NO/OK City:
    12. Cedric Simmons
    Forward/Center. N.C. State

I have mentioned the numerous reasons about the Hornets drafting Simmons. While I am not sure what they will do with their team in the off season, adding a young shot blocker who can grow into an awesome overall player and a potential Defensive Player of the Year is a lot to pass up. I may be a bit overboard with the DOY comment, but he has the tools and showed it in many glimpses at North Carolina State. If he’s given a little more free reign later on in his career and he finds the right spot, it’s definitely possible. He would be coming off the bench for PJ Brown or David West and in his second year, he would be a solid contributor.
    Philadelphia:
    13. Rodney Carney
    Guard/Forward. Memphis

The 76ers could surprise everyone and go for a point guard. In a way, it’s not too surprising since they need one. But the one player who could compliment Iverson, Brewer, is off the board. So they go best player available and select Rodney Carney. Carney has the athleticism, size and range on his jump shot to come in immediately and contribute. He will most likely be playing small forward if he were drafted by the Sixers. He may be inconsistent as far as going 100%, but if he can paly on a team where he’s not the main focus, like Philly, then he can become a very, very nice 2/3 for a long time.
    Utah:
    14. Hilton Armstrong
    Center. Connecticut

There are a lot of rumors going around that the Jazz like Saer Sene. That may be because he’s being brought in for a second workout and Karl Malone was quoted as saying the kid wants it. All of this may be true, but the Jazz are too close to make the playoffs. They could use an immediate presence rather than wait for someone who is clearly 2-3 years away on both ends of the floor. Armstrong is a late bloomer and in his senior year, hee was getting enough playing time to accomplish what he needed to as a player. He’s always had the potential but just couldn’t piece it together. He has a very nice jump shot, but with Utah, he will be used for grabbing rebounds, setting picks for the guards and blocking shots. Three things he is very good at. Utah may go after Sene, but if they want a shot blocker who can come in and play right away, Armstrong is their man.
    NO/OK City
    15. Thabo Sefolosha
    Shooting Guard. Italy (Angelico Biella)

I will always admit that I hate to put players in RealGM’s Mock Drafts that I have never seen play. I have only seen two clips of him dunking on the Internet, so it is a lot harder to gauge what type of player he is. If all of the scouting reports of him being a complimentary player who can do everything are true, then he’s the Hornets’ man. He has the size to be a defensive stud at the 2 or 3. Other than that, I can’t say much about him. I wish I was able to acquire game tape of him, but I can guarantee this won’t be a problem in the future. Mason will be coming off the books next summer and he’s the type of swingman who they can let come off the bench and progress. He sounds like a team player and that’s exactly what the Hornets need. I guess we’ll all see what type of player he is in Summer Leagues and when the NBA rolls around next season.
    Chicago:
    16. Maurice Ager
    Shooting Guard. Michigan State

Chicago will do the opposite of what they drafted at 2. If they go big, they go small here. And vice versa. Even though Thomas is relatively small, he’s a hybrid forward and Chicago goes with a big shooting guard who compliments both Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich. Ager has the defensive tenacity to fit in right away and would give Head Coach Scott Skiles the big shooting guard he’s been wanting. They both have ties to Michigan State, so he’s seen a lot of Ager over the years. The Bulls are in a bit of a win-now mode. They weren’t anticipating that they would be this good so quickly, especially on defense. Ager can come in, provide enough offense from outside and become a nice complimentary guard on the floor. He will have to improve his shot selection and let the shots come to him, but he has an underrated slashing game and has the size to be a very effective starting shooting guard for years to come. Chicago makes too much sense.
    Indiana:
    17. Alexander Johnson
    Power Forward. Florida State

With the addition of Johnson, the Pacers could go small with Jermaine O’Neal at center. Although it’s not a traditional lineup, the centers have not panned out for Indiana. Jeff Foster is a hustler but provides very, very little offense. Same with Scot Pollard, but he has a little more hair to give. David Harrison has been progressing slowly and struggles at times to stay out of foul trouble. So they draft Johnson, who can come in and play right away. He has the athleticism and face-up game to become an instant contributor. He has been reported to have some amazing workouts with teams, but workouts are only workouts. If he can show in Summer Leagues that his improvement between the end of college and now has paid of, then the Pacers get a steal. If he shows the inconsistency he did at Florida State, it will be another problem Indiana has to deal with. But he’ll pan out. It’ll be interesting to see how he’s improved in games.
    Washington:
    18. Rajon Rondo
    Point Guard. Kentucky

Washington could use a low-post presence, but at the speed they play there isn’t anyone worth taking this high. With the addition of Rondo, it gives them a point guard like Antonio Daniels but he can become a better player overall. He has the natural athleticism and feel for the game that was often unseen at Kentucky. He knows what to do with the ball, except for when he sets up for a shot. Then he looks worse then a 60-year-old man down at the local YMCA. Alongside Gilbert Arenas, Rondo could have the freedom that he may have a hard time reeiving on another team. Head Coach Eddie Johnson runs a more giving Princeton offense because of the capabilities of Arenas and Caron Butler. This pick would allow the Wizards to go small and would be very hard to stop on defense almost every single time down the floor. They could use a center, but they just go for one in free agency, like Dallas’ DJ Mbenga. They get a steal in Rondo because he fits so well with Washington’s personnel.
    Sacramento:
    19. Guillermo Diaz
    Guard. Miami

Even with Sergio Rodriguez, a more natural point guard on the board, they opt for Diaz. Diaz is an athletic freak and can become Sacramento’s second coming of Bobby Jackson. He won’t be the instant chucker Jackson was because the offense is built differently. But Diaz can run the point on this team because of the personnel the Kings will put out on the floor. He never got to show his point guard skills at Miami because he was such a great scorer. When he drives, he looks for an open man more than people think. He was the main focus on offense for the Hurricanes and with the Sacramento, he will be able to do more damage with less offensive touches. Rodriguez may be a better true point guard, but they have Mike Bibby signed for another three years, so Rodriguez wouldn’t see the playing he’d need to fully progress. Diaz is a solid offensive player and can come and contribute to a perennial playoff team right away.
    New York
    20. Saer Sene
    Forward/Center. Senegal (Verviers-Pepinster/Be

With the Knicks, they land a gem in Sene. Not because he’s a few years away, but because they can let him develop behind Eddy Curry, Channing Frye and Jackie Butler. Sene has all the tools to be a successful center in the NBA, especially on defense. The Knicks need no one in this draft because they are overstocked with too much talent as it is. They can start five guards and still have two come off the bench. They can afford to draft a project like Sene. While I understand some of the backlash of Sene at #5, I felt I explained my reasoning at the beginning of the mock. But the Knicks can afford to take a chance on him at 20. Why not? He can become a stud all-around, even if he’s more of a raw piece of meat overall than Thomas is on offense. He will take time, but if he can spend two years in the NBDL and learn a lot there, he can become a solid NBA center and one that compliments Frye very well.
    Phoenix:
    21. Sergio Rodirguez
    Point Guard. Spain (Adecco Estudiantes)

The Suns need a backup PG. No disrespect to Eddie House, who had a pretty damn good season, but he’s not the pure PG they need on the court when Nash is resting. Rodirguez is. He’s very young and has a ways to go in order to be able to defend even the bench warmers in the NBDL. But offensively, he’s one of the most gifted players in this draft. He is money in the pick & roll, the one play the entire system is dependent on. He is a Lottery-level point guard, but he decided to enter the draft when he was told he’d be a lock for the first round. He has the playoff experience and started to become more consistent across the board, but especially in his jump shot. I wrote back in December that when everything is one fluid motion, it goes in. But when something is off, (his timing for releasing the ball after the jump, for example), it’s off. But if he’s improved his jump shot like I imagine he did, then he’s a player the Suns will nurture as their future starting point guard alongside Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. In this system, he has All-Star written all over him.
    New Jersey:
    22. Jordan Farmar
    Point Guard. UCLA

Williams is a true PG, but he doesn’t have Farmar’s defense. Rondo has the intangibles, but he doesn’t have Farmar’s ability to run the show. Lowry has the toughness on D, but he doesn’t have the ability to pass off the dribble like Farmar (from what I’ve seen). Washington has the potential, but Farmar is there right now. So why does he slip to New Jersey? Because he decided not to go back to school and prove the year he helped UCLA have wasn’t a fluke. He still has some holes in his game, but he is the type of point guard who can come off the bench and give Jason Kidd some rest and not take anything away from either side of the ball. If the nets pass on him, the Grizzlies nor the Cavs, should Memphis elect to go for a scorer, won’t. Farmar fits what the Nets can do in the future as well as the present.
    New Jersey:
    23. Oleksiy Pecherov
    Power Forward. Ukraine (Paris Racing)

Once again, I hate putting players I haven’t seen in RealGM’s mocks, but if everyone is saying he’s a first round pick, then he is. From pictures, he looks a little thin. But he could’ve filled out throughout the year. I can’t say much about him, except he’s supposed to a typical Euro big man: outside-oriented, decent rebounder, team player but weak as hell. New Jersey can let him develop and go for a power forward in free agency, like Keith Van Horn, Reggie Evans or a younger and more proven player, compared to Pecherov, like Shavlik Randolph of the 76ers.
    Memphis:
    24. Quincy Douby
    Guard. Rutgers

Memphis has stated they wanted to go after two areas in the draft: a big man who can compliment Pau Gasol and a legit scorer. Douby is the latter. They could go for someone like Josh Boone, but he hasn’t been impressing in workouts. They could go after James Augustine, but his performance in Orlando certainly turned away some suitors. But Douby has the ability to play the point and still be able to score. Think of Bobby Jackson, but more willing to pass. Douby may be frail, but he can flat out score. I can’t say how his workouts have been, but he can score and knows how to use that to set up his teammates. He’d be a great compliment to Mike Miller and help him get some easy shots. I can’t see the Grizzlies passing on a talent like him if he’s there.
    Cleveland:
    25. JJ Redick
    Shooting Guard. Duke

Definite steal of the draft so far. Redick has been considered a Lotto pick by many and it’s very understandable. But his DUI and back woes have to scare off teams a bit. I like the kid, but he will have a hard time adjusting to playing defense against any guard in the NBA. He’s smart and will be a nice team defender, but it’s about 1-on-1 mismatches at the shooting guard position. Anyone can have their way with him and it’s unfortunate that a pure shooter like him falls this far, but he’s in the best situation possible. Playing alongside LeBron James will give him a lot of open look on the perimeter. Even Larry Hughes and Flip Murray will help get him open shots. No one in this draft can move like him without the ball and that will be his job off the bench: wear out the opposing defender. He’ll be covered for the most part, but give him an inch on the 3-point line and it’ll go in. Just don’t depend on him for the last second shot. That’s what J James is for. With this pick, the Cavs will likely be looking to shop Luke Jackson, who could not stay healthy. Phoenix?
    LA Lakers:
    26. James White
    Shooting Guard. Cincinnati

Recent info came out saying the Lakers were looking for a proven college player who can defend, pass and has 3-point range on his shot. They didn’t say they wanted someone like James White, but he fits the bill. A combo guard was a possibility, but with Marcus Banks coming over this summer, they opt for a swingman. With White, they add an instant Dunk Champ and a ticket seller. It’s not like they need one, but it always helps to have another athletic swingman who can excite the crowd. White stayed in college to complete his game and it paid off. He could have come out of high school, in the same class as Kwame Brown, but his career may have taken a turn for the worst. At 23, he still has a lot of room to grow but can play within the triangle offense immediately and even run the point at times. I am surprised I haven’t thought about this pick more precisely, but it makes a lot of sense, especially for what Los Angeles would like to add on the bench.
    Phoenix:
    27. Joel Freeland
    Power Forward. England

The Suns could go for backcourt depth in someone like Denham Brown, who has ties Nash, Shannon Brown or Hassan Adams. But Freeland is a very interesting power forward who they can let play overseas for a couple of years and it won’t take away from their team play whatsoever. He’s only played for three years and his first shot, a 3-point attempt, went over the backboard. To see the player he was in Treviso compared to someone who shot it over the backboard three years ago, Phoenix has a very coachable kid. The one thing that impressed me about him at the Reebok Eurocamp was that not only NBA scouts were liking him but international people as well. He has the fundamentals for team ball down as well as the athleticism to compete in the NBA. In 5 years, I can see him starting in the NBA because he does one thing that is very rare among big men: communicate. The coaches at the camp stressed communication and every time Freeland did something on defense, he would let his team know. Sounds like a kid Head Coach and GM Mike D’Antoni likes.
    Dallas:
    28. James Augustine
    Power Forward. Illinois

Dallas, coming off a great run in the Finals, lost their legs near the end, as well as the official’s respect for the game. They could use an instant contributor who can paly within the team and can rebound. Augustine is that player. He can get up and down the court and is unselfish. He quietly had a solid career at Illinois and his hard work produces great results for his team. There are a lot of options here for Dallas. They could go for a combo guard, like Yotam Halperin, who was very good at the Reebok Eurocamp. He displayed a lot of point guard skills for a big combo guard. He has a surprising first step, but his defense coming in may be why the Mavericks opt for Augustine instead of him. Augustine can run the floor. Even though he was a disappointment in Orlando, he is still a solid power forward that can play alongside Dirk Nowitzki and give him some rest here and there.
    New York
    29. Shawne Williams
    Small Forward. Memphis

At this point, Thomas can draft projects, like Sene, without having them affect the team. Williams is that type of project. Even though he’s just 20, he has a ways to go. He has Lottery potential and another year at Memphis, where he could’ve been one of the main focal points on offense, would’ve brought him into that Top 20 discussion by this time next year. He has the size and athleticism to be a very effective small forward, but he has a ways to go. This is where Thomas comes in. Thomas has made some bad moves as the General Manager. Some were his fault (Jerome James) and others were forced upon him (Steve Francis by Lrry Brown). But no one can deny the track record he has when it comes to drafting players. Every player he’s drafted is still in the NBA and has started either a portion or a majority of their careers. This includes Damon Stoudamire, Marcus Camby and Tracy McGrady. Williams may never be on their level, but he has the potential to be an all-around scorer on offense and Thomas may see that in him. With this pick, David Lee is a goner. Milwaukee or to the Lakers?
    Portland:
    30. Paul Davis
    Forward/Center. Michigan State

Either way, the Blazers can draft their man and not have to worry about who gets the guaranteed money. The second round picks have just as many restrictions as the firs round picks have, except with a lot less money. In this case, it is Paul Davis over PJ Tucker. Portland needs offense in the post and Davis can provide that. He is gifted offensively and can play on the high-post or play down low. He has a hard time tracking rebounds, but by practicing with both Theo Ratliff and Brian Skinner (underrated vet.), he can learn the necessary fundamentals when it comes to shot blocking on defense and rebounding on both ends of the floor. Why Davis over Tucker? There isn’t a real reason in this Mock. I flipped a quarter and it landed on heads. For the sake of Davis and Tucker, let\'s hope the Blazers don\'t flip a coin, because it of course means the difference in guaranteed money. For Tucker, he’s worth talking about a little more. Tucker may not have the outside game of a small forward, but he has the inside game of a power forward and is great at playing bigger than he is. Once he develops the necessary handle and jump shot a small forward should have in his arsenal, he could become a modified and calmed down Ruben Patterson: the all-around hustler. He will have to give it up more on offense, but he can rebound and that’s something most players aren’t born with. McMillan will like this out of him.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So this guy's logic is that the Wolves would rather draft Foye at 6 than trade for Head and draft Foye at 8? Foye > Head + Foye?

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah i was staring at those paragraphs trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about. i do like the idea that we get roy at 8 though.

6. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

i hope this guy is right lol, we get roy!

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

......DaDakota and Rockets Dynasty's heads explode

8. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

It was from Real GM. I just supplied the city names to help people read the text. I do not agree with several picks. I would love the Bobcats to pick Morrison or Gay. CD, Lindsey and others doubt Roy will fall to 8th. I do not agree with several picks. Boston could pick a big man. They have LaFrentz, who is not any type of banger. He is many a 3pt shooter. On the other hand, it is highly unlikely that they will go center at the 7th pick. Marcus probably will there. Trades can affect the draft. If the Seattle-Phoenix trade goes down, then Brewer will go to the Suns at 10. Orlando will pick Reddick. I think Rondo will go to the Sixers. Saer Sene will either go to 14 (Utah) or 15 (Hornets). This guy looks nasty on the defensive end. On a previous post, I stated that draft express has a 8 minute video. He played for only 3 years. He is 7'0" with a 7'8" wingspan. Most importantly, he has very good defensive instincts for his limited experience. He had some explosive dunks when getting passes in the paint. I know the defense on him is horrid compare to the NBA, but I think he can develop some offensive moves. Douby, Reddick and Shawne Williams will not fall that much.