1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It makes you realize and wonder how many of the assassinations that were in the 60’s-70’s that were done by lone killers and not propped up by a government. Who knows.

But yeah I’m surprised to that the maniacs that shoot up schools don’t try do something against the examples you used.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t hate him on a personal level. Just the fact that he is president. In a country of millions H Clinton and D Trump are the best and brightest that are out there? Really the wife of a prior president? George Bush the son of a prior president?

Nah I dont F’ing think so.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is just nutty. Most of what Trump has done that you guys are most upset about is:

1) Trump having the audacity to win the 2016 election against the hand picked choice of the Democrat left establishment and most of the mass media.
    2) Overturning many of Obama's executive orders - wait for it - by issuing his own executive orders to countermand them.

If you were truly concerned about presidential use of executive orders, you might have said so when Obama was doing it. But no, of course not.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Actually I did say something when GW Bush did it and when Obama did it.... Trump has blown past what anyone has done when it comes to the idea of executive powers.

As for the rest of what you wrote..... no one takes you serious.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The margin of Bernie Sanders lead over Mayor Pete in the RCP poll average margin continues to widen, from 5.2 yesterday to 6.5 today. Of course the only poll that really matters is the one in New Hampshire tomorrow.

RCP Poll Average - New Hampshire
    28.5 - Sanders
    22.0 - Buttigieg
    12.3 - Warren
    11.5 - Biden
    11.0 - Klobuchar

Sanders is up 1.8 from yesterday, Pete up 0.5, Warren down 0.7 and Biden down a full point. Meanwhile, Amy Klobuchar is up 1.8 points from yesterday and now trails Joe Biden for fourth place by only 0.5 points.

Amy Klobuchar coming on strong and not a moment too soon.

Again, if Joe loses to Amy tomorrow and finishes in fifth place, the bottom is likely to start falling out of his campaign. Of course with the results he has shown over the last week, many people would probably say that is already happening. But you cannot be the inevitable nominee and finish the first two primaries in fourth place, followed by a fifth place finish. Can you? I do not think you can.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Corrosion and baller4life315 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Sour Democrats Turn N.H. Into Humor-Free Zone":

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a..._democrats_turn_nh_into_humor-free_zone_.html

except for Klobuchar:

The only candidate to regularly season her pitches with of dashes of humor is Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a woman who appears to be comfortable with herself and not afraid to be the butt of her own jokes.

She gets laughs when she proudly declares that she is the only candidate who received $17,000 in donations from ex-boyfriends. The chuckles continue when she admits that her campaign slogan when she ran for president of her fourth-grade class was “All the Way with Amy K.”

“I no longer use that,” she deadpans.

And when at a recent Democratic Party dinner/rally she was jeered by Sanders supporters, she kept her cool, paused, turned around to face them and waved her arm in greeting.

“Hi, Bernie people!” she cheerfully called.

And by the way, like most of the candidates who show little sense of humor, their supporters follow suit. Friendly rivalry among opposing camps is rare, and jeering rival candidates when they are speaking is part of the game.​

Corrosion and baller4life315 like this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Joe Biden's lead in the RCP National Poll average is today down to 0.3%.

That is not 3%, but 0.3%.

If Sanders wins tomorrow, as expected, and Joe finishes in fourth or fifth place, also as expected, then Sanders is likely to take the lead in the national poll later this week.

RCP Poll Average - National
    23.0 - Biden
    22.7 - Sanders
    15.3 - Warren
    12.7 - Bloomberg
    08.3 - Buttigieg
    04.3 - Klobuchar

Bloomberg at almost 13% and he has not participated in a debate or been on a primary ballot yet. I know some of you guys are excited about Klobuchar all of the sudden, but I do not think that Michael Bloomberg shares your enthusiasm.

Hold on to your hats fellas.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bombshell! You have got him now! The walls are closing in!

smh.

12. NewRoxFan

What, polls are not reliable? You just posted polls...

[​IMG]

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Democrat candidate is going to ring up a multi-million vote victory in California, Illinois and the North East states. Anything beyond a 1 vote victory in any of these states is just them running up the score. Your polls tell us that Democrats poll especially well in the urban centers of the North East and in California.

You should read the US Constitution sometime. There you will find referenced something called "the electoral college". There are 535 votes in the electoral college. Those are the only votes that ultimately count. Show me a poll for that.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Oh, Americans are well aware that a popular vote doesn't result in a person getting elected. Just look at the fiasco in 2016 for proof... a very unpopular person won. And he was impeached.

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Nevertheless, that is what the polls you posted were based on.

16. NewRoxFan

And nothing I posted was incorrect.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

For accuracy, it’s actually 538. Used to be 535.

I agree with your point, though. Democrats should care about who gets you to 270. Nothing else really matters.

18. NewRoxFan

LOL... trump supporter (of all people) gets splattered when calling out Warren for "lying"...

joshuaao likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bernie Sanders has taken a solid lead in the National RCP Poll Average. In brackets are the changes from last Monday, the day of the Iowa caucuses. Today is election day in New Hampshire, for anyone who did not know.

RCP Poll Average - National
    23.8 - Sanders (+0.7)
    19.8 - Biden (-7.8)
    14.0 - Warren (-0.6)
    13.0 - Bloomberg (+4.0)
    10.8 - Buttigieg (+4.4)
    04.8 - Klobuchar (+0.7)

Bernie Sanders is now the frontrunner for the Democrats to win their party's presidential nomination. Joe Biden appears to be in a near freefall in these polls. If he takes another hit today like the one he took in Iowa, then hopefully somebody will step in and call for an eight-count.

After the top six listed above, Yang has 3.3 and nobody else is over 2%. It would be helpful if all of these people dropped out of the race tomorrow once the primary results are in.

The final RCP average for New Hampshire is as follows. Let's see how the actual results compare, shall we?

RCP Poll Average - New Hampshire

28.7 - Sanders
    21.3 - Buttigieg
    11.7 - Klobuchar
    11.0 - Warren
    11.0 - Biden

Sanders and Klobuchar have both risen in the latest polling, while Buttigieg, Warren and Biden have all lost ground. Now, on to the only poll in New Hampshire that actually counts.

#2559 MojoMan, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    baller4life315 likes this.
  20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Joe Biden has decided to cancel his planned appearance at his primary night party in New Hampshire and he is flying out to South Carolina. While it is the middle of the day and the polls in New Hampshire are open he is doing this. Is this guy a knucklehead, or what?

Biden abruptly cancels New Hampshire primary party appearance, heads to South Carolina

The former vice president abruptly announced on Tuesday morning that he won’t spend primary night in New Hampshire as planned and instead is flying to South Carolina to headline a kick-off rally in the state he’s long considered his campaign firewall.

“We’re going to head to South Carolina tonight,” Biden told reporters as he visited a polling station with voting underway in the state that holds the first primary in the race for the White House. “And I’m going to Nevada… we’ve got to look at them all.”

The campaign confirmed Biden is now canceling his originally scheduled appearance at a primary night party in Nashua, N.H., and will be in South Carolina instead.​

I did not expect this to happen until around Super Tuesday, but I think I am going to call it now. Joe Biden is finished. Can someone explain to me why he should not just withdraw from this race right now? This is getting embarrassing for the guy. Seriously, Joe. Get out.