1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready for another 14th pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowardStern, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nope, and once that pick becomes guaranteed when the Rockets miss the playoffs(assuming they do), that pick will be very valuable for trades if they look to move it.

They could use that pick to bring in someone that helps too, but more than likely they move that pick to bring in someone that can help get this team to the next level for the future.

2. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

[​IMG]

3. dobro1229

Ok, smart guy. You want to add something a little more to your compelling argument rather than trying to be cute??? Tell me, since Im so stupid, what you would do to make this team a playoff contender?

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

1)fire mchale and get a competent coach
    2a)make jeremy lin a back up and bring a better pg
    2b) Or instead of 2a, you can keep J.Lin- get another star at the pf position (Cousins comes to mind) or get a star at sf, and move parsons to pf. I'd rather him play pf than patterson or morris

You are paying Harden all these money, why do you want to waste his youth by surround him with such crap. If this continues, he will get hurt soon cos he's doing too much as it is.

5. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

^^^surrounding

6. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

Or also, i know the nbadl is called the development league but there is no development going in there so stop sending your rookies there for long stretches of time.
    It kills their confidence
    It makes them look better than they actually are playing against scrubs night after night in the d league.
    Yeah even Thabeet was a daily triple double beat in the d-league.
    PLay them in real games asap, thats how you know which ones are gonna make it and which ones wont.

The only positive i see with the d-league is that the players can get some playing time instead of pining away on the bench. But a good coach should not leave good players on the bench

7. BreakYoSelfFool

Why copy the Thunder when we have just as many rings as they have in the last 15 years

8. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I thought we didn't have any picks.

9. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

10. dobro1229

1.) What does McHale have to do with this argument. You were previously basing this argument around the roster, not the coaching scheme. If you want to knock the coach thats fine, but please insert some intelligent basketball related opions to it. For instance point out errors in play calling, etc. McHale did not build this roster. He's just coaching them to win games.

2.) Jeremy Lin, by all accounts is basically a second year player who only played half of his rookie campaign. He's by no means a finished product. This is coming from someone that has been very harsh in criticizing Lin in the past. While Jeremy Lin might make mistakes now that are frustrating its obvious that the guy will get much, much better in a few years, and has the talent to be a true all star PG.

Long term, who can you point to in their first two years that has shown that kind of talent early on that isn't named Damion Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Not too many. The Rockets could upgrade the position short term, but they aren't a short term team anymore... which is sort of the point against your argument.

2.B or whatever) If the Rockets could acquire that secondary star, whether it be at the SF position or PF position... whatever... They are going to have to trade for that player, and teams dont make trades in January.

Morey has made a trade every single trade deadline in February since he took the job as the GM.

Since they are the youngest team in the league right now, I dont think they are in an extreme hurry to take just any player they can get their hands on, but if you think that Morey wouldn't make that deal today to bring in an inpact secondary star this moment if the trade was actually available that he wouldn't do it, then you are a complete idiot.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Not unless Morey makes a move and gets Millsap or Josh Smith.

13. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

McHale is the leader of this team, and the problem starts from the top. He should have corrected several mistakes wrong with this team as a coach. He should have told Jeremy Lin that he was the pg and Harden was the sg, not the other way around instead of letting Lin post up for corner 3 which he airballed consistently or clanged.

Call it what it is, Jeremy Lin is a 3rd year player. If he's not performing to his potential, it is only because the coach and the team are misusing him.

Don't even get me started on Morey's trade, sometimes its better not to make any trades as opposed to making lateral trades or boneheaded trades. Thank heavens Stern intervened on that Gasol trade.

Don't the youngest team tag. In sports, as in anything in human nature, you turn your disadvantage into an advantage. Every team in the nba has weakness, and being the youngest team is the least of our weakness.

14. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

if you are going to copy me, at least quote or cite me.
    Didn't your high school teachers teach you anything about plagiarism

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Posting a picture on a public forum does not give you ownership or any right to the picture.

I am not going to be mean and try and bash you, but I think you should really stop trying to create arguments. It is not turning out well for you at this point.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I see... so we just need to get another star! :eek:

Wow. That's so simple -- I wonder why NBA GMs don't do it more often!!

17. HTXcfs

HTXcfs Rookie

Hopefully it results in you ceasing to exist on CF with these expectations that we miraculously build an elite teams out of thin air..

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

The development league absolutely develops our players. The Houston Rockets and the Vipers are the model relationship for all other NBA and D-Leage teams.

Here is a list of players that developed quite nicely down in the valley.

Aaron Brooks
    Carl Landry
    Patrick Patterson
    Marcus Morris
    Greg Smith

19. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

hahahaha all superstars of course.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

So you think the purpose of the D-League should be to develop borderline NBA players into superstars? Good luck with that.