1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ray Rice knocks fiancee unconscious

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tallanvor, Feb 19, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really hope Goodell wasn't able to see this before he issued the suspension, because if he saw this and only gave 2 games, that's absurd.

Having said that...there's simply no way Goodell didn't see this video. TMZ can acquire it but the NFL can't?

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So she married him after this just so she could divorce him? I hope that's true.

I can't even bring myself to watch the video. Domestic violence is such an awful and disgusting thing.

3. likestohypeguy

She clearly initiated the first physical acts of aggression. Took the first swings at him & charged him while he was trapped in the elevator with her having nowhere to run, no possible course of retreat.

Now I wouldn't get in the elevator with her in the first place, because it looked like she took a swing at him early on before they even got in, but luckily the law doesn't force you to let someone finish their attack against you just because they would lose the fight that they started if you defend yourself.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wow...just wow. You are literally the only person to have that impression from the video. I'm sure Rice was simply defending himself because he was trapped and had nowhere to run. Give me a break.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Pretty exciting that Ray Rice posts here though!

1 person likes this.
  7. likestohypeguy

Well, me & roger goodell apparently. Luckily he made a relatively just decision before the pc mob forced his hand on this one.

And not that you'll have anything beyond "yeah right" and "but everyone else disagrees with you" to counter again, but just answer this- if you were in an elevator with a man of any size that you were capable of knocking out, and he charged you & started swinging at you, you are letting him tire himself out, not defending yourself?

8. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/nflcommish">@nflcommish</a> your punishment for beating a woman is less than for smoking weed. Get your head out of your ****ing ass.</p>&mdash; Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/508948584294002688">September 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol. When keeping it real goes right.

9. baubo

baubo Member

I really don't have an issue with the new rules. My only thought during this whole process is how in the world did they give 2 games in the first place? I don't care if the new elevator video was never seen. Seriously, just the first footage wasn't enough for more than a 2 game ban?

For a multi-billion dollar industry, you'd think before they hand out the suspension, they could've at least taken an informal poll among the office workers and ask if 2 games was enough. I'm sure very few if any subsection of the general population would think that appropriate punishment.

10. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Well, it's not clear from the video - but I am pretty sure that that was not a man charging him and swinging at him.

...just my two cents

11. conquistador#11

i thought likestohypeguy was being sarcastic in nature but apparently he was being serious. that's some good cocaine!

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Swings at him? She does seem to back him off with he elbow, and then he responds with:

[​IMG]

Then she moves towards him, not swinging (and in fact holding her purse on her shoulder the whole time).

Then he takes the 2nd swing and she's out.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is nasty and vicious
    This should come with a prison sentence
    Floyd Mayweather has never been hit like that
    much less some woman . . . . ..

Rocket River

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Roger Goodell has now lost any credibility that he had.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well, except Goodell has apparently never seen this video. And considering he already said he made a mistake based on the previous evidence, I can only imagine how much different his tune will be after seeing this.

Also, his wife is a female, not a male.

16. likestohypeguy

Exactly, that would be the only difference. A woman is allowed to finish her attack against a man without repercussion, where if even a similarly ill equipped man (same size, same weakness) tried the same thing & got knocked out, it would be self defense and 0 game suspension. You want equal rights, play by the same rules.

17. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I guess you like to violently clock your GF/wife (assuming you have one), too.

There is no sane person out there who will defend Rice after seeing this video.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

There's always "that guy" in every thread with horrible situations like these, whether it's the christy mack thing, or school shootings, etc.

It's something that if the logical consensus on this board gathers the will power to ignore "that guy", then I feel that "those guys" will eventually go away.

19. Buck Turgidson

From the Welker thread:

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It seems the "War Machine" types always come out of the woodwork when situations like this happen. You should never straight up punch someone unless you see them as a threat be it male of female. Sure there is a "double standard" in that there is more leeway if you knock out a man who is half your size, but even that is pretty weak.