1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Totally agree with your "Brick" assesment. Great, great movie. After repeat viewings, it has become one of my favorites.

By the way, the follow up project from the director of Brick (Rian Johnson) is a movie called "The Brothers Bloom" which aparently nobody saw. I saw it in the theaters because I was following this guy's career and my wife and I both loved it.

I wouldn't call "Bloom" perfectly executed (Brick is a better film, IMO, from an execution standpoint), but we both just love it so damn much. There's a one-take scene with Rachel Weisz doing a card trick while she tells a short version of her life story that makes me tear up... absolutely beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  2. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Funny, I just put that movie on my netflix queue!

3. eric.81

I truly love that movie. Might watch it tonight...

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I was saying the order was bad... number 4 then number 2. any other order would have made more sense.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ah, I gotcha now.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 6.5/10 - Michael Cera gets paid to be Michael Cera yet again, even though Jesse Eisenberg is better at being Michael Cera than he is.

I mean really this movie was just kind of awesome as a spectacle. The story line was just kind of so rushed as it had to be condensed into a movie less than 2 hours long, but the character development really gave way too much to a lot of comic book / video game villainy I could have done without.

On the other hand, the music was pretty rocking. Beck did the songs that the band performs. Anna Kendrick I'm in love with you, and Kieran Culkin is hilarious as the gay roommate.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Kieran Culkin is such an underrated actor.. This guy brings out some really interesting characters in his movie roles... What the hell happen to Macauley Culkin?? He was suppose to be the big get after he did Home Alone movies...

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Terminator Salvation - Finally saw this. Not as bad as I thought it would be but not great either. It was cool seeing Arnold circa 1984. Some good special effects but it really did nothing to add to the franchise. Frankly, I thought the futuristic war scene at the beginning of the original was better. 5/10.

9. Lady_Di

Kick-Ass - 8/10. I wasn't too impressed with the movie in the beginning but Hit Girl grew on me. She was SO cute!! Love her. I also think Christopher Mintz-Plasse is hilarious. I loved him in Superbad. Looks like there is a sequel coming in 2012. Hopefully, it'll center around Hit Girl this time.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Finally saw Memento. 9/10

Mostly based on concept, dare I say gimmicky, but few could pull it off this well. I'll check what all the hype is about in The Prestige next.

11. eric.81

She's amazing right? Rediculously hot and a very good actress.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Finally Saw THE MACHINIST
    kept me interested

Christian Bale looked horrible!
    He went all out on this one.

I would give it 6 out of 10.
    too d*mn depressing.

Rocket River

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Finally saw:

Inglourious Basterds - Movie didn't do much for me. Maybe because I'm such a WWII history buff and couldn't get into it, knowing it was so blatantly untrue. Only thing good about this movie was Christoph Waltz's amazing performance. The tension in every scene he was involved in really saved the movie for me. Definitely one of Tarantino's best villains ever. 5/10.

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Got to see the Notorious. Pretty dang good movie. If you're a rap enthusiast in the 90's then this is for you. Funny how east coast west coast rap drama was just one big misunderstanding.

15. GRENDEL

The Expendables - It's exactly what Stallone set out to make, a throw back to 80's action flicks, heavy on the action and manly banter, light on story or character. B-

Scott Pilgram vs The World - It might give you epilepsy but it's a hellva lot of fun, all the effort is on the visuals and concept and it works, very light on characters and story is pretty straight forward and probably about 20 mins too long. B+

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The Runaways - 6.5/10 - Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning were both surprisingly good. Characters were partially developed. I didn't really get a whole lot of insight into what drove them.

Hot Tub Time Machine - 7/10 - Stupid ass fun.

17. Lady_Di

She's Out of My League - 9/10. I didn't expect this movie to be endearing and funny. It helps that the cast is full of unknowns and i think that helped the movie. if this was filled with Michael Cera, Johan Hill(btw, i can't stand this dude) and etc, i don't think it would have worked.

Crazies - 7/10. Ok, an usual zombie movie. It helps that Tim Olymphant was in this movie. I <3 him. He's such a hottie!!!

Dear John - 8/10. A total chick flick! The most moving part was this..

John reading the letter to his dad
    I have a girl crush on Amanda Seyfried. She is so pretty.

Chloe - 9/10. A bit slow but it was a great movie. I guess my husband liked the girl on girl action, eh?

18. GRENDEL

Jay Baruchel is pretty solid in She's out my League, along with T.J. Miller.

Olymphant in The Crazies had on what i think may have been the world's tightest sheriff uniform.

19. Lady_Di

They were awesome...Stainer ruled!

The sheriff uniform was a godsend to us, women! Hahaha!

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Salt- 7.5

The Other guys - 7