1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I finally saw this! He edited it out, but nothing escapes Rick Deckard.

You're lucky that I've retired from retiring replicants. No, don't think you can fool me... a replicant you must be, to praise Roy Batty as you kick dirt upon Blade Runner! HA! I have SEEN YOUR BRAIN!

[​IMG]

My eye is on you!!! :mad:

[​IMG]

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Outsourced 7.5/10 (that's 73% for you CCR :p )

About a guy who has to go to India to train his replacement and bring a call center up to speed. Fish out of water sort of movie, surprisingly funny. It's especially funny if you've been to India.

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi - 8/10

If you grew up skating in the 80s check it out. Good documentary.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Memento (97%) - I've seen it before, but rented it again so my gf could see it. I guess no matter how many times I watch it, I'm always blown away by how expertly the story is presented. It's definitely one of my favorite movies ever. Nearly flawless in my mind. I'll put the rest in the spoiler tags in case anyone lives under a rock and hasn't seen this thing yet.

I love the use of the color film and the black and white film to transition between the story being told from the very end backward and the story being told from the very beginning. It's all quite confusing (which is the point) as the film gives you the same sense of total forgetfulness that Leonard experiences in his life, but the end hits you with a rewarding twist that explains and changes everything you thought you might have known. I also think that Leonard's final line of "Now...where was I?", followed by a quick cut to black was the perfect way to end the film. It's all nearly flawless in my mind.

5. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Chasing Ghosts - Beyond the Arcade

If you liked King Of Kong, this is a great movie. Instead of just focusing on the one game, this documentary highlights all of the players in the famous 1982 Life Video Game VIP's photo. Billy Mitchell is still in it, but the rest of the stories actually make this better than KOK, IMO.

8/10

[​IMG]

It's not on DVD (yet) but airs on Showtime 2 (2/18 & 24)and Showtime Showcase (3/5)

#125 oomp, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its pretty much a flawless film. Of course when I was watching it with Mig the ****er fell asleep during the last 5 minutes of the movie and I had to rewind it for him. :mad:

Christopher Nolan just flat out knows how to make movies.

"Inception" is the supposed title of his new flick which will be released before The sequel to the Dark Knight, which could be put off until 2011.

7. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I agree with this for the most part, but I found the Prestige a bit disappointing.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I thought it was amazing, but I've argued about it about 700 times since it came out. Some people just hated it. To each his own...

9. ClutchCityReturns

I really liked The King of Kong so I'll have to keep this in mind.

Amber didn't fall asleep, but she did seem frustrated about half way through the movie and declared, in a somewhat disgusted tone "this movie is too confusing". Once she actually saw the rest of it, I think she enjoyed enough, it but I didn't bother to ask explicitly.

I just can't f***ing stand it when people complain about a movie being too confusing before it's over. That's what endings are for, dipsh|t. :mad:

10. TheBigAristotle

I will admit, Xbox Live had some pretty ****ing sweet stuff in terms of making your xbox live a all-in-one entertainment center.

Last movie I watched was Fanboys and it was OK. In terms of a rating, percentage, whatever. I'd say it was a 6/10 and that was mainly because of the crazy fat guy (Dan Fogler I believe) and kristen bell being in it =)

Maybe I was in a bad mood because of my mouth feeling like it was stuffed with cotton, but it was too nerdy of a movie even for me, lol.

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

It brought back a lot of memories, I felt bad for the dude that wore the ref uniform.

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I saw The Wrestler yesterday and that was one seriously great movie. Rourke and Tomei were both fantastic. I loved the ending, too. My wife and I debated it over dinner and well into drinks with our friends. 5 outta 5 stars.

I thought Aronofsky had peaked with Requiem For A Dream. I'm probably one of 10 people that actually liked The Fountain but I wouldnt call it great..just worth a rental. Glad to see him "bounce back" with what I thought was just a wonderful movie in The Wrestler. Now I have hope for Robocop.

Oh, I was at a friend's house a week ago and saw Grandma's Boy. No amount of quality hydroponic could have made that movie funny. 1 star for a couple snickers.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Fountain may not have a solid story line, but the visual aspects and the soundtrack are certainly top notch.

It was like a twice scrapped project that was originally supposed to star Brad Pitt and a megastar actress.

He has talked about eventually doing a director's cut of The Fountain that I think would probably make it a lot better.

14. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Some that I've seen the last two weeks:

Never Back Down - Most cliche movie I remember seeing. Not recommended. 4/10

The Day The Earth Stood Still - Good/promising beginning, pretty boring middle part, stupid ending. 5.5/10

The Invisible - To me, the best indicator of a good movie is if I feel for the characters. In this movie, I didn't. What makes it worse is the fact that they were pushing for it so obviously. 5/10

National Treasure - A pretty enjoyable action/adventure movie. 7/10

The 40 Year Old Virgin - Had seen it before but had the chance to see it again. Great acting, loved all of the characters. Very funny. I'd say 9/10.

Sex Drive - I don't know if I can hold it against the movie but all throughout I felt like this movie has come out 5 years late - it all feels a bit played out. Nevertheless, I loved it. The jokes were funny and Amanda Crew in this one... damn, I'm in love. 8/10

Knocked Up - A good movie, Rogen is great. The jokes are good and sometimes subtle which is good. Unfortunately, the scenes from the labour have left me scarred for life. :( 7/10

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

There is a 58% chance that I will slap ya upside the head if I ever run into you.

:)

16. ClutchCityReturns

And a 0% chance that you survive the attack. :)

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Are you threatening me with violence?

18. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

The Fountain was incredible. Different strokes for differente folks I guess. That movie was one of the few that really affected me for a long time after I saw it. I bought the soundtrack and to this day get wrapped up in its beautiful sadness. 5/5

The wrestler was a great as well. 4.5/5

19. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Good Movies
    Notorious: B
    if you liked Biggie this should spark some memories. well done doc

Benjamin Button: A-
    not a sequel or tv remake. original story line. best movie Ive seen in a while

Juno: C
    decent

Pineapple Express: A
    funny!

Harold and Kumor #2: C
    worth a rental to watch on a plane

Step Brothers: B
    funny, but Ricky Bobby still owns you

The Dark Knight: C
    good story, directing, and acting, but too long

Bad Movies
    Marley and Me: F
    pet dog dies. im over it

Hes Just Not That Into You: F
    total chic flick. 101 reasons for her to hate u

Hancock: D
    maybe the comic is good, but this was crap
    why the first black super hero gotta be a bum :confused:

Eagle Eye: D
    dis info crap piece

Horrible Movies
    Revolutionary Road: F
    she dies giving herself an abortion

7 Pounds: F
    dude commits suicide so more deserving people can have his organs.

I cant believe we stooped so low to call those last two entertainment.

#139 Gummi Clutch, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  20. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I finally got around to watching "The Departed"
    Now I know that Oscar was a "Career Achievement" award rather than for this film specifically.