1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Ghost in the Shell last nigh; 7.5/10. Knowing the material helps fill in some slow points in the movie.

2. jae713

jae713 Member

Captain Fantastic
    7.5/10

Viggo Mortenson is fantastic like always.

J Sizzle and RocketWalta like this.
  3. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I would eat her elderly and gray-haired butthole in a heartbeat.

4. Buck Turgidson

I thought he was great, it looked great, and I really wanted to love it, but I just couldn't get over the lame hippy-dippy-marxist-idiocy that they kept spouting early-on in the story.

May have just been me. I also wanted to love "Into The Wild" (amazing book, soundtrack looked to be the same); I think I made it 12 minutes before his insufferable whineyness made me turn it off, and I never do that.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ghost in a Shell -- 7-10

Stunning visuals but the plot was a bit lacking. Visuals are strong enough to give this film a chance at being a cult classic.

6. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I like that it turned into a kind of refutation of that sort of ideology when he and his children tried to interact with the outside world and fell on their faces. Plus, that little rendition of that old chestnut at the end was sweet, don't you think?

Lighten up, you capitalist pig ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed Trainspotting 2 today. **** it, this is a 9/10 for me. I think it's a superb film if you have an emotional connection to the original, which this one is not. But Danny and the boys weren't going to catch lighting in a bottle again. So its a miracle that this one can stand on its own.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Belko Expirement 3/10

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Sicario was awesome!!!

9. Buck Turgidson

Oh you're absolutely right about the journey and the change and the movie as a whole, I just got turned off by that style of proselytizing. Pet peeve of mine I guess, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it that night (or spend 7 years with a girl who grew up behind the Iron Curtain and listen to what that family has to say).

I really want to see Trainspotting, I'm excited that all the reviews have been as good as they are.

10. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

New world.

Korean gangster/crime movie. Oh so goooood!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Boss Baby. 7/10. They showed the best parts on the trailer. Went to tomball Santikos and got me that frozen Margarita that relaxes me. Love the quietness at this theater. They always have this free movie picture booth that offers various digital movie backgrounds.

daywalker02 and Snow Villiers like this.
  13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah. That's been my go to since my wife's family recently moved to that side of town.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fundamentals of Caring - 8.5/10. Rudd is always a win.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Assassins Creed: 4/10. I watched to see if I could puzzle my way through what was happening in the video game. And technically I did learn the overall mission of the corp. So that was good. But boy, how bad was Fassenbenders pain and crazy man acting. OMG that was bad. He was otherwise good like he can be, so blame the direction, but that was abysmal. And then the constant cuts from the ancient world to the Corp was so annoying. Stay in one place please. But worst of all, so many subtitles. I don't want to read really. I am there to be entertained. Best part was the eagle and that really had no direct connection to the story. Almost total nonsense. Some nice visuals and some of the aerials like the roof running looked like the game so that was impressive.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deepthroat

6.9/10

Jontro likes this.
  17. steveng125

steveng125 Member

LIFE- 3/10

It was a pretty boring movie, I expect it to be a hit after seeing the trailer. It didn't really have a story behind the alien. Just the alien trying to kill everyone on the ship. It was way to slow not enough action to keep you interested.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

noted with thanks. was gonna see this, but thank goodness i picked power rangers.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This might have already been posted but a shoutout to "Train to Busan" undead movie.

Probably around 8 out of 10

GRENDEL and Asian Sensation like this.
  20. Asian Sensation

Yep that was the last one I watched before New World. Some Korean movies are so good.

daywalker02 likes this.