1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will check this out

Rocket River

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I'll be the third to jump on the Hell or High Water train. It was great.

8.8/10

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Petes Dragon. The worst kid movie I have ever watched. Everything was so predictable and basic.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How was the CGI?
    I seen the commercials but it did not move me

Rocket River

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Horrible and gloomy. I did not know what I walked into never even heard of this movie. The movie had 0 previews so the beginning caught me by surprise as an wtf the movie started already.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Little Prince

Imaginative and thought-provoking and the story sequences were beautifully animated.

8/10

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We recently saw a brilliant little thriller, The Wave. An edge of your seat flick that's very, very well done, based on something that happened in the past, and could happen again. A recent Norwegian film (with subtitles), and instead of doing a poor job attempting to describe what happens (and perhaps give something away), I'll simply say go see it! It's on Netflix. You don't have far to go.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

The Guardian: 6/10 Think they went too real for the first half of the movie and therefore it lacked a sense of drama, sort of tedious, as you never really felt a sense of tension or connection between Costner and Kutcher. It was real though in that way. And nothing really wrong with the movie, just nothing great or original. Think all of the performances were above average, which was fine, and Costner had a real moment with his ex-wife there near the end, but his character's failing at the end of the movie didn't feel realistic to his experience in the coast guard, and his character sacrificing his life didn't feel real either, which kinda flew in the face of the first half of the movie. Still, was watchable as a time filler. But think the movie got confused at being real vs delivering action and drama. Loved the girlfriend. It was like backdraft and officer and gentleman without the action and drama of either. Still, entertaining in a boring way.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Arthur(1981)- 8.5/10

First time seeing this on a recommendation of a friend. Damn what a great movie. Such great dialog and Dudley Moore, such a great actor. Funny as hell and would recommend this to anyone. An all time classic.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Money Monster - 6/10

Watched it on a plane trip. Not too bad. Entertaining considering the crappy movies I've watched on a plane over the past few months.

1 person likes this.
  11. val_modus

val_modus Member

The Nice Guys 9/10

Crowe and Gosling had phenomenal chemistry. Loved the explicit nature of the movie with respect to the violence and dialogue (especially between Golsing and his daughter). Had laughs, action, and some suspense sprinkled throughout.

12. TheresTheDagger

Hell or High Water 8.5 out of 10

Man its nice to see an adult movie with a story for once...and in a part of the country you generally don't see in movies...West Texas.

Standout performances from Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine and excellent cinematography make this the best movie I've seen since The Revenant.

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sausage Party 6.9/10
    Funny...but the ending was a bit over the top.
    You can only do so many so and so is f*****g so and so jokes before it becomes flaccid.

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy Hell - 10/10

Documentary available on Netflix detailing the Buddhafield Cult that originated in Hollywood but had to move to Austin in the early 90s due to the leader being fearful of Cultwatch breaking them up. It is made by a member who was the cult's documentarian once he "escaped" after 22 years. Mind blowing stuff that I don't want to spoil. All I'll say is that an unquestioned search for spirituality can be a real pain in the ass, sometimes.

#6514 crose, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  15. Buck Turgidson

YES!!!

Haven't seen it yet but I saw those guys almost every day around campus. The Scientologists too, they recruited hard on the Drag.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sully

4/5

I highly enjoyed this. Eastwood's shortest film at about 90 minutes but the runtime fits so well with his style. Pretty tense even though you know what happens. Great sound also.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

War Dogs

7/10

Some funny moments. Jonahs laugh was hilarious, but probably his worst performance

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

United flight so selection was limited

Interstellar-9/10. Loved it. Understand the scientific inaccuracies but loved the father/children angle

Star Trek 2: 8.5/10. Very entertaining and Khan was great

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Suicide Squad 8.5/10. That was a great family movie. Only Marvel fanboys give it a bad review. I watched it online because initially I thought it was a flop

20. PhiSlammaJamma

x-men Apocalypse: 4/10

It's hard to get past the 80's hair to open the movie, but even worse, they throw about a zillion 80's references at us that do nothing for the movie. Felt more like some of the crap x-men movies of the past, than the recent good stuff. Almost all of the performances were below average except for Magneto. Even Quicksilver lost a little cool. Shame. But it's not all bad. There are a few moments where u want to see what is going to happen. Too bad it all disappoints in the end.