1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Enemy- 6.5/10

Gyllenhaal is becoming one of my favorite actors. That guy in this movie and Nightcrawler are just some devious characters. Enjoyed the movie but the ending left a lot to be desired.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Jurassic World - 8.5/10 Was much better then I ever expected and had some truly scary moments. Reminded me of when I was a kid watching the first one and was scared out of my mind on the front row of the theater. One I would def consider for a home video purchase

Dope - 7/10 Really dug this one. Probably won't make a lot of money but definitely has the makings of a cult hit. Some very fine women in the movie too. Wasn't your typical movie based in the hood.

1 person likes this.
  3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Nightcrawler 10/10.

I saw it when it was in theaters and had forgotten how great it is - it is on Netflix for those interested.

2 people like this.
  4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Jurrasic World 8/10 much better than I thought it would be

5. Nero

Nero Member

Jaws 10/10

Saw this today in the 'Turner Classic Series' at a Cinemark, and there is nothing like seeing this movie on the big screen.

You've all seen it dozens of times I'm sure, but when it's on TV, it's been edited down. Amazing to see it again completely unedited and in its big screen glory.

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!

:grin:

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Saw Jurrasic World yesterday. Very entertaining, as long as you didn't think too much. 7.5/10

A couple of days before, I saw Ex Machina for the second time with my youngest kid, who's majoring in "arts and technology" at an excellent university here in Texas. Essentially computer animation. He had to see this flick in a good theatre with an excellent screen, projection, and sound (I insisted). In other words, one of the local Alamo Drafthouses in Austin, which was still playing it. This is a superb film, folks. I gave it an 8.75/10 earlier right after I had seen it. After a second look, I have to revise that up to a 9.25/10, which I consider a freakin' high score. The special effects are incredible (why I had to take him to see this in a good theatre), and it is simply an amazingly good story, with outstanding acting.

(and full frontal - just a side benefit, but the chicks are beautiful!)

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agree on Kingsman. I was really shocked how great and fun it was. I didn't want it to end.

Mad Max Fury Road 9/10 - just great fun and I love the oddity of it all.

Black Sea - 7.5/10 - really good drama/thriller that Jude law carries.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Spy - 10/10.

Believe the hype! I went into the movie thinking it would have been something akin to a Kevin James movie - formulaic overweight actor / actress getting "laughs" by getting hit, tripping, bodily harm, etc.)

But it was really funny! McCarthy is fantastic in this movie, and Statham really shows that he can do something other than action movies.

It's like a parody that doesn't 100% try to be a parody...if that makes sense.

Go see it!

Dang, can't wait to see the scores you give out for the movies you don't love. :grin:

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Watched Dope over the weekend and thought it was great - definitely a solid 8/10 for me. I dont know if it would have a lot of replay/rewatch value but definitely a good story and different from other things that generally dominating the box office right now.

I want to check out Inside Out this week.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This was actually really good. I'd give Spy an 8.5/10. One of the better comedies I've seen in recent years.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Went to santikos to see Jurassic World. Enjoyed it all the way. I like Chris Pratt. And if you buy that fancy movie cup you can bring it another day and get free refills.

12. dragician

dragician Member

Natural Science museum here in Houston is showing it on Imax.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Spy: 8.5/10 - very funny, constant lulz throughout

Project Almanac: 5/10 - first half was decent, but once the story was laid out it was predictable.

Timbuktu: 6/10 - don't get the critic hype. Some parts were very well done, but the whole thing seemed very nonchalant and emotionless for a serious subject matter. Perhaps they were going for a sense of giving up and carelessness and I'm too far removed from the feeling they were trying to portray, but i had a hard time getting all the way through.

14. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Inside Out: 9/10 - Great movie, definitely deserves the hype it is getting. After watching Frozen, which I didn't enjoy as much as the hype, I was cynical to watch another hyped up Pixar movie but this definitely lived up to the hype.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Pitch Perfect 2 - 8/10

Super cheesy but also I laughed throughout the movie. Don't think i'll be watching this one again.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Pitch Perfect 2 - 7/10

Would hit so many of the girls. The end was kinda cheesy and should have disqualified the Bellas out of the competition. Anyway, with everyone graduating, I can't see the new "legacy" girl play a lead role in Pitch Perfect 3.
    Alexis Knapp is so hot.

17. cebu

cebu Member

The Loft - 7/10. Intriguing plot and twist.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Love & Mercy - 9.0/10

Saw this today and loved it. Paul Dano is phenomenal, as always. Best movie so far this year for me

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Horns.

Offbeat and original. Good performances from Radcliffe and the rest of the cast. Had quite a bit of promise but a bit tonally inconsistent. Still worth to check out though.

6/10

20. Bob Barker 007

Frozen wasn't Pixar. That would be Disney Animation Studios, breh :eek:
    Question: which is better: Jurassic World or Inside Out?