1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

San Andreas. Went to Edwards marquee for the first time because of imax 3d. I honestly can't tell you the difference, same crap. It was a scam watching it in 3d too. I'll stick to greenspoint theater from now on and save me about 30 bucks

2. SuraGotMadHops

Love & Mercy - 8/10: compelling script and very accurate portrayal of Brian Wilson. Paul Dano and John Cusack did an amazing job.

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Ex-Machina 8/10

Two leading characters are in the next star wars movies, i had no idea going into the movie. Movie it self was great and entertaining. The ending really caught me off guard, just as I thought I knew exactly how it was going to end, they threw me a wicked curveball. Must watch.

Locke 6/10

After seeing rave reviews and a 91% on the rotten tomatoes meter, I decided to watch this with my amazon prime membership. The concept is the whole movie takes place inside Tom Hardy's car and it's just him on the phone having conversations with people in the middle of one of the worst days probably in his life. I enjoyed most of the movie but the end result to me just wasn't worth sitting through 90 minutes of one man sitting in the car. I thought the concept was cool but only if there was a huge pay off somewhere in the middle. You kind of get what your going to get from the entire movie half way though.

This is the type of movie critics will rave about just because of the acting from Tom Hardy and the uniqueness of filming a movie all in on setting but I can see the general audience being turned off by it. My wife refused to watch it after the initial 10 minutes when I revealed to her that the entire movie was like this.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Mad Max: Fury Road - 8/10

Good movie. Rating it for what it is - fun action movie. They did it right.

The Bobadook - 7/10

Good for a horror film (actually, great by horror film standards), but not quite deserving of all the praise its getting.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Foxcatcher - B+ slow slow movie but some great performances throughout.

Big Hero 6 - B+ Solid animated film, really enjoyed it!

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Skeleton Twins- 8/10 Very funny. A bit too dark.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree on Mad Max
    It is IMO like Expendables
    Long on action . . . short on story

Expendables sucks when it tries to make more story
    Just shut up and shoot people and blow **** up

Rocket River

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

McFarland - 5/10 about as predictable as you could get

Focus - 7/10 entertaining, they should have spent more time on the ins and outs of the different scams

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Blackhat - 6/10, I was actually surprised that it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I love Michael Mann films, mainly because of the realistic gun fights... and luckily the "technology" aspects of the film weren't too cringe worthy. I also liked the ending, it wasn't drawn out like most film makers would do.

Chappie - 4/10, It had promise but the continued political BS Blomkamp tries to shoehorn into his films is getting tiring. Oh, and someone tell him you can make films outside of South Africa.

Two Night Stand - 6/10, A tolerable rom-com-chick-flick. Miles Teller saves it.

Ex Machina - 8/10, A really great sci-fi AI film that keeps you guessing. Oh, and it has lots of really hot naked robots.

Project Almanac - 7/10, I really liked this one for some reason - I guess because the story was told pretty well and the technology was entertaining.

Kingsman: The Secret Service - 9/10, A brilliantly fun film... I was pleasantly surprised. One of my favorite of the year.

Unfinished Business - 1/10, Seriously the worst movie I've seen in years and I like all of the actors involved. The story was all over the place, and the characters were annoying as hell. Whoever put one of my favorite actors (Tom Wilkinson) in this ****-show deserves to be shot. Don't waste your time, this isn't even worth a rental or an illegal download. A complete waste of 100 minutes.

10. Rocketfanatic2

Thirteen Days - 9/10

Fantastic.

11. conquistador#11

"Rocket Science"- 8/10. Wasn't expecting it to be great but wow quite the performance from the entire cast. It kept bothering me who the main character's brother was, so I looked at the IMDB page, it was lucky luciano from boardwalk empire before a tan and slicked back hair.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Total agreement about these films, Almanac was the biggest surprise because I thought it was going to be horrible, surprisingly watachable.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Great sleeper film. The premise is funny (and a bit painful to me as someone who stammers) and a young Anna Kendricks crushes it.

14. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I <3 Huckabees - 8/10

fantastic movie. yeah, I know it came out in 2004, but I was still in high school at the time and had yet to develop an affinity for independent flicks.

solid cast, solid ending. would recommend.

15. Faust

Faust Member

jurassic world - 4 out of 5 stars

lots of nice throwbacks to first movie. really entertaining coming from a newbie director i just thought he coulda done better job with suspense and horror like the kitchen scene or power generator scene from jp #1.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Age of Adaline-surprisingly great movie; good plot, cast, and premise to keep you entertained. Lively and Harrison Ford really did a hell of a job. 8/10

Chappie-I did like it but felt like it could have better. The movie will pull your heart strings and the ending was totally not realistic at all. Hugh Jackman being the bad guy is something I am not used to. Also featured probably the worst movie soundtrack I have ever heard. 6/10

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Get Hard - 6.5/10

I was surprisingly entertained by this. Thought it would be stupid, but Will Ferrell really delivered. Anyone else tired of Kevin Hart's schtick? He plays the same character with the same jokes in all of his movies. It gets very tiring. We get it, he's short and tries too hard to be the man... like he does in all of his movies.

Would give this a 7+, but Hart brought it down.

18. conquistador#11

Galaxy Quest- 6.94/10, Huge tim the toolman taylor fan but i missed this when it came out in 1999. Clever film. uffff ufff ufff. never give up, never surrender.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep this sums up my view on the film and lord have mercy that music was terrible.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Kingsman: 9 out of 10. Funny, good action, well done