1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Big Hero 6 (out of 10)

Top Five - 4 out of 10. The movie primarily consisted of the dialog between the Chris Rock and Rosario Dawson characters, but a lot of it just cam across as so staged and pretentious. I think the parts where they weren't talking to each other were pretty good and often pretty funny.

Grudge Match (6 out of 10) - Surprised that I enjoyed this.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Gone Girl-8/10. Ending wasn't what I hoped for but good

Her-8.5/10. Joaquin Phoenix did an amazing job in this one

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I agree on everything. The best part of any Transformer movie is the trailer. It's frustrating as hell. The first movie is like The Godfather compared to the freaking mess of effects and stupid storyline that is the fourth movie. Every time I hear another one is coming out I'm convinced it can't be worse than the last one and I'm proven wrong every time.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

They should put Tom Cruise in the 5th one to kill all the robots and turn it into a Mission Impossible movie.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Haymitch is a boss for dragging a girlfriend to Transformers, on her birthday. If the relationship survived this, it will last forever.

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The Gambler - 3/10

The only reason it even gets 3 stars is John Goodman and the little gambling in it. Seriously, they have this anti-hero you're supposed to be rooting for and all you can think the entire time is that he is a giant, spoiled **** with a capital C.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ir Follows-7/10. Really liked this. Great homage to John Carpenter films.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Imitation Game, 7/10 Nicely done.
    Interstellar, 8.5/10 Really enjoyed it, very entertaining and engrossing. Too long though. Don't know how the science holds up but the relativity and black hole stuff was cool

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

My SO dragged me to the 4th one. Even though I'm the bigger Transformers fan, but still didn't want to watch the movie. We really regretted it.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Did she at least give you teh make up secks breh?

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

No. :(

12. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

imitation game 8/10

really enjoyed this. i think it was an adaption of a book right? anyways...cumberbatch was really good in this. interesting story as well. i might have to check out the book.

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Fast 7... or is it Furious 7? I have no clue.

Anyway, it was 7/10. Good action/popcorn flick. Completely ridiculous story and plot, and at least one of the acts could have been cut out to make it shorter... however, it was a good end to the franchise (or will it be?). It had a lot of good humor points in it and a tear-jerking ending.

The CGI and camera work they did with the body double (Paul Walker's brother) for the last 25 or so minutes of the film were pretty stunning.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ugh, we saw "Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter" this weekend, due to quirky vibe and good reviews and supposed dark humor, but it was absolutely turrrible.

3/10 with the 3 points for soundtrack and cinematography.

Two hour slog with no character to really follow and no plot and no drama. Just a crazy person wandering around in the snow. Can't believe Alexander Payne was an executive producer for that turd sandwich.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They're already starting the work for the 8th one, this one was not the last. Heard the new movie will be set in NYC.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3/10 - Just really not that good

Reminded me of how horrible the Blair Witch Project was . ..

Rocket River

17. dragician

dragician Member

Double - 1/10.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Blue Ruin - 7/10

Overrated based on reviews I've seen, but still very solid.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Furious 7 was ok just to watch but man the sequences between Dom/Lety Brian/Mia were so cliche and over the top I just couldnt take it serious... nice tribute to Paul Walker at the end though 6.5/10

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Forgot to put my Birdman review...was hoping Boyhood would sweep the Oscars (yes Houston bias), obviously it didnt but I understand why now. That was a hell of a movie and Micheal Keaton was just absolutely everything. I loved the long one shot scenes, the music fit every scene, the scene where Riggan Thompson wakes up drunk in the street and Birdman telling him how it is, that scene was mindblowing. 10/10