1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Long flight to and from London, so watched the following:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes: 7/10. Entertaining

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 8/10. More action, enjoyed the story more

Nightcrawler: 8/10. Great acting performance and totally creepy

Guardians of the Galaxy: 9/10. Totally unexpected that it would be as good as it was. Really enjoyed it, though I went in thinking I wouldn't like it. Perhaps the higher rating is due to my surprise at how good it was

Whiplash: 6.5/10. Amazing acting performance and well deserved Oscar, but I really didn't care at all about the unlikable kid, and his being somewhat of an arrogant ***** made me care less about the abuse heaped upon him. Decent ending but just didn't really enjoy the movie all that much. Didn't care at all about his relationship with his dad or the girlfriend. I think I may have rated it lower because I was expecting more than what I felt it delivered. Guess it wasn't my tempo ;)

Fury: 8/10. Good war movie. Intense at times. Not an all time great or anything but worth watching and enjoyable.

Horrible Bosses: 8/10. Aniston stole the movie. Many laugh out loud scenes and have wanted to see it for years

This Is Where I Leave You: 4/10. Just dog****e. Great ensemble cast but movie was not funny nor meaningful and it tried (and failed) to be both.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Robocop (2014) - 6/10 actually liked this more than I thought I would some decent acting and action scenes.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

HighFidelity - 9/10

I watched the flick again a couple of nights ago, and any film that begins with the Elevator's You're Gonna Miss Me and ends with Stevie Wonder's I Believe (When I Fall in Love It Will Be Forever) deserves a high score. Add excellent acting, a great script, a glimpse of a nice percentage of Catherine Zeta-Jones's right boob, and that terrific soundtrack, and I have to give it a nine.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Focus - 5/10
    Not Will's best
    It kind of lost focus in the middle
    it was a bit predictable as well

Rocket River

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're actually being pretty generous with a 4. I don't know what the hell happened to this movie but it was all over the place. A lot of potential but terrible execution.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dracula Untold | 7/10

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

What We Do in the Shadows - 9/10 - It's a mockumentary following 4 vampires. Just absolutely hilarious.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Joe (2014)

Starring Nic Cage. Terrible. Very bad. I could describe the film in one word: awkward. Awkward acting, awkward dialogue (though that was likely intentional), awkward camera-work, and an awkward, pointless, and boring go-nowhere story.

2/10

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ironic.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lolol

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Cinderella Man 9.0

great drama, thought renee zellwegger kinda held the movie down but overall great sets, great scenes and great action

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Interstellar - 9/10

Finally got around to seeing it. I was afraid I might be bored by it, but it's pretty safe to say that I will eat up whatever Christopher Nolan dishes out from now on. I kind of wanted to know what happened in the end though with Brand. Matt Damon is a doosh.

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

McFarland, USA 7.5/10

I'm a sucker for sports movies, and this one was pretty good. Didn't blow me away but it was worth seeing (at least) once.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

CHAPPiE (D+) - Looks great, features an excellent score by Hans Zimmer, and the Chappie character himself is very likable and well executed.

Every other aspect of the movie ranged from slightly disappointing to laughably bad.

15. cebu

cebu Member

Big hero 6 - 9/10

Entertaining movie for the entire family.

Recommended.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

King of Devil's Island- 6/10

Good acting, good story but it left me wanting more in the ending. Not enough closure in my opinion.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The loft
    For some reason i really enjoyed it but it has been crushed on every last review.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Purge - Anarchy - 8/10. This is what I expected the 1st movie to be. Dark and fun. Surprisingly well done.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Gone Girl

9/10

Finally got around to seeing it. Really good, but you all know this by now I'm sure.

Kingsman

8/10

Great movie. Knew what it wanted to be and did a great job of executing.
    Mark Strong as the good guy and Samuel L / Michael Caine as the bad guys was a nice change of pace.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Run All Night
    Better than expected but still what I expected

Standard Liam fare .. . . nothing extraordinary

7.5 out of 10

Rocket River