1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tusk.

6/10. Crappy movie, but my expectations were low

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I found my gem. Youtubeonfire has all the new unreleased movies. I dont watch anything below 720p. It comes out looking bootleggy.

1 person likes this.
  3. HookemHorns1250

Really glad I found your review on American Sniper. Have been looking for some, but IMDB is hard to trust with movies about war, when you have people rating it a 0 or 10 just because of their belief about a certain situation.

May I ask what it was rated R for? Was it the Violence, language, or both?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It might not be as good as I think it was. I've seen others on this site not have as high of an opinion of it so you should definitely check it out and see how you feel about it. I really liked it, though. Minor flaws, but overall a great war movie with some good drama.

As for the rating...definitely language and violence. Nothing over the top, though.

5. HookemHorns1250

Thanks! I'm sure I'll like it. I just hope it sticks closely with the book.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Watched American Sniper the other day. Pretty darn good movie. Still sad what happened to him at the end. Good pacing, nevery got boring, defintely see it.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Mary and Max
    8.5/10

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Mary and Max is good -- I'd also recommend that one. 8.5 sounds about right.

For me, last movie I've seen is Prisoners with Hugh Jackman.

It is very dark and very long, but it is really well made and well acted . I'd recommend it for those of you with a long attention span and who like dark psychological movies. As I said, it is well acted, and had a brilliant plot structure.

I'd also give it 8.5 out of 10

9. HookemHorns1250

Come on...be smart with the ball..

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Fury - 8.5

Pretty intense and many feels. Pretty good performance by the Norman kid.

11. TheresTheDagger

Unbroken: 5 out of 10

Pretty disappointed in this one. The book I would rank up there as one of the top 5 I've ever read. But the movie just didn't do much of a job of showing what he went through. Maybe the story was just too big to show properly but the movie was relatively short at 2 hours 15 minutes. If any story deserved more time with character development, its this one.

Shame. If you get a chance, read the book. Its amazing.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Big Hero 6

6/10

Decent film. Good film for kid's movie standards. Would recommend. Sat next to a black couple who stereotypically loudly provided comments throughout. From "that robot is nuts" to "this is sad" it added another aspect to the film. I'd recommend sitting next to such a couple if possible.

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Selma

8/10

As I said under the Oscars thread, slightly uneven pacing and the lack of historical accuracy behind LBJ took some luster off for me. Oyelowo's performance was excellent, and he was true to MLK's character. I recommend seeing it - it would probably be at least a 9 for me if the aforementioned problems had been fixed.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Wedding ringer 8/10. f hilarious

American sniper 9/10. Intense. About as good as zero dark 30

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Frontera - 8 out 10. Two of my favorite actors (Ed Harris, Michael Pena) supported by Amy Madigan and Eva Longoria. Found it on NetFlix.

16. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Predestination. This is one trippy movie. You have to really keep track of everything that's going on. Overall, it's a very good movie. Ethan Hawk gives a good performance. 8/10

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Whiplash (A) - Perfect example of a simple premise with excellent execution. Intense from start to finish, great sound and editing, and incredible performances all around; particularly from J.K. Simmons. I'd suggest seeing it in a nice theater where the music can really shine.

18. Amir's Johnson

Babadook - 7.85/10

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Oblivion

Finally got to watch it and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I can agree with the general consensus though that it's a visually stunning movie with a thin plot. It didn't bother me that it recycled elements from other films (reminded me a lot of Moon) but that the story fell apart at the end.

You're not my husband but I'll pretend you are and have sex with you anyways. And then without any debate whatsoever, we both decide to kill ourselves and blow up the alien ship. But really you screw me over by dumping me off on my own in the middle of the forest with nothing to live for, but oh wait, I just happened to get pregnant. And oh wait, you're not dead, I can just continue on with your other clone.

The performances were good, but just thinking about how it relates to Moon, and thinking of Sam Rockwell's performance. Wow they missed the mark here. The movie could have been epic, but it's relegated to a fun and enjoyable sci-fi. That's not a bad thing though.

7/10

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

american sniper 8/10

decent...cooper was excellent