1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Fury (C+): Shockingly realistic combat sequences. Decent chemistry among the cast, but lacked character development for a movie focused on such a small group of people.

John Wick (C): Pure popcorn action in a sleek package with a disappointing finale. Fairly entertaining for what it was, but nothing more.

Nightcrawler (B+): Excellent performance by Gyllenhaal, very good script and impressive cinematography. Fascinating throughout but fizzled a little right at the end for me. Overall a good movie with an excellent main character. Held up well on a second viewing.

Interstellar (C+): Intriguing concept that looks and sounds great (especially in IMAX), but unfortunately the screenplay didn't do it justice. Performances were about as good as the script would allow. Far too much heavy handed exposition and a couple of emotional scenes that felt contrived. Despite its warts, still a spectacle that should be seen in the theater.

2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Interstellar

7/10

Saw this on an IMAX screen with a Digital IMAX projector (not the 70mm Film version yet). Incredible audio and visuals - great score by Zimmer. Lots of references to sci-fi films like Contact, 2001, Sunshine, and Gravity. Although the style was fantastic, the clunky script and occasional hammy dialogue hurt the rating. The science wasn't too bad. Definitely more fiction than science. Given that I waited 2 years for this movie, it let me down. However, as a movie it was worth watching on the big screen.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Hercules - (7/10) entertaining movie. I was expecting a Conan the Barbarian action flick, but I felt It was very dummied down for "family entertainment"

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Fury

Doesn't forge any new paths, but it does what it sets out to do extremely well. The battle scenes are brutal, the chemistry and performances among the cast are superb, and the atmosphere, tone and score meld together perfectly to paint an incredibly bleak portrait of the war.

8/10

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

22 Jump Street - 7/10

Not as good as the first, but the jokes were still funny. Not teh lulz funny but more like a smirk funny.

6. conquistador#11

"Adore"- 3.2/ 10. WTF did I just watch? it stars naomi watts. the plot revolves around 2 besties starting relationships with each others son. this basically belongs in the "cougars in heat " thread. pssh naomi doesn't even get naked. totally lame.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

John Wick- 8.5/10

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gone Girl - 7/10
    Interesting Movie . . . some Good turns but overall unsatisfying

Rocket River

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Interstellar

Loved it. It's a visual feast of course, but the performances and story definitely engaged me. Thought provoking on a number of levels. It's really pretty similar to Nolan's other works. It takes chances, has big ideas. It may not all completely work, but it's pretty damn close.

9/10

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

A man most wanted 8/10. Good last film by Philip Seymour hoffman

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

Snowpiercer

10/10

it's been a while since I saw a perfect movie. It's on Netflix btw. go watch it.

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Birdman (B+): Ambitious in its originality, with great performances and a very interesting musical score (you'll see what I mean). Definitely a movie that's difficult to immediately evaluate, especially since it's open to much interpretation. I'm finding that the further I get from it, the more I appreciate it.

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Big Hero 6 6/10 - took my little sister to see it...not too bad

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Big Hero 6
    9/10

You can see Pixar's hand here. Similar quality to Wreck It Ralph.

15. Nero

Nero Member

After all the hype, watched this.. Got to the end, and thought, well, I'll never get that two hours back.. What a dreadful movie. Stupid premise, stupid ending, just stupid all the way around.

I'm getting tired of all these movies which are supposed to be 'deep' but were apparently written by the children in a fourth grade class.

5/10

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

with that ending it will never be a 10/10

its a 8/10 at best

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

So you expected a perfect hollywood ending where everyone lives a long and happy life forever?

18. TheresTheDagger

Great review. This is exactly how I would describe it. If you have any interest in this subject matter, this movie is not to be missed.

19. cebu

cebu Member

Fury

10/10

If you love playing World Of Tanks, you're gonna love this movie. The sound alone was amazing.

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

The Equalizer... 9/10 I really enjoyed it. I want there to be a sequel.. I dont think Denzel does sequels...