1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Snowpiercer: 6/10

How this movie got 94% on Rotten Tomatoes escapes me. It wasn't bad and was off the path in sort of a unique way. But 94%?

The ending was pathetic. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. TheresTheDagger

If you read the book, you would realize just how wrong this statement is. What they showed in the movie is only part of the story....and what the DID show is as close as they could make it to the actual fight. The part they DIDN'T show was exactly what Marcus had to do to survive between the gunfight and the Pashtun village he was protected by.

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Enemy - 7.5/10

This movie is really weird, but I really liked it (at least I think I did).

4. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Blackfish. 9/10. Thinking about bringing the kids to Seaworld? or similar place? Watch this first.

1 person likes this.
  5. cebu

cebu Member

Grand Budapest Hotel

7/10

i had too much expectations from this movie... just an ok movie.

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

dawn of the planet of the apes
    7.5 i liked it, the graphics seemed liked they needed work, the story seemed to have a few holes, but the characters were really well acted including the apes

munich
    7.0 it was decent, maybe because i watched over three days i didnt get a chance to follow the story as close, but it seemed predictable at times

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Currently watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose at 1 AM with some buddies. Will rate in 2-3 hours

8. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I barely had any sleep the night before but the movie was so well-paced that there were no awkward, boring moments which usually cause me to doze off. Well acted by everyone involved especially Caesar and Koba. The only reason I'm not giving this a perfect score is due to the plot being a bit overused/formulaic. Very excited for the next installment.

9/10

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Been waiting for the review. Review has not come. Disappoint.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

4/10. Few jump scares and cliche plot

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

22 jump st 7/10 michael ceras

12. body slam

body slam Member

dallas buyers club - 7/10

13. conquistador#11

Under the skin-4/10. I guess you can make a film about me posting in the hangout and if it's shot ' nicely', with the camera holding still on the f5 key for 8 seconds then people will go crazy over it.

14. Buck Turgidson

Agreed, but 4/10 is too generous. Other than the obvious, there was absolutely nothing of redeeming quality. It also featured quite possibly the most awful, annoying music I can recall in a movie.

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Agreed. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't find much to like about it. I definitely don't mind "artsy" movies (for the most part I like them), but this was one of the slowest, most repetitive movies I've ever seen. I'm not sure why so many people seemed to like it so much.

16. cebu

cebu Member

Gettysburg (Blu-ray copy) 10/10.

I'm reviewing for my citizenship exam and reading the booklet has ignited my deep interest in learning more about american history specially the civil war.

this is the best civil war movie so far that I saw, better than Gods and Generals.

it's a 4 hour movie but I enjoyed every scene and dialogue.

17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - 7/10

[​IMG]

Awesome concept and hilarious first half of the movie but the jokes stopped halfway through and it became a romance movie. I was not expecting that but it wasn't bad. I would watch it again but turn it off after the police scene.

18. HookemHorns1250

The Book Thief - 8/10. - Was worried that it may be a little slow before watching, but the young actress won your heart through out the movie. Felt the ending was a 'bit rushed, but other than that I loved it.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gravity - 5/10.

Didn't get the hype for this movie at all, aside from the music which was really good. Clooney (who plays the same character in every movie) was a horrible choice.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's less of a movie and more of an visual experience. If you missed it in IMAX 3D, then it isn't as great.