1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

The Wolf of Wall St.

it was great, it was like 3 hours long and i didnt want it to end.. Leo is that dude, thought Jonah Hill was good in this as well, easily the best actor of that apatow bunch....

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Colombiana

3/10.

Not terrible, but not in any way remarkable or unique. Just pretty much exactly what you'd think it is, except that they only had maybe an hour of story so they had to drag out each scene to reach their 1 hour, 40 minute number.

Zoe Saldana is either a bad actress or JDGAF when it came to this movie.

So, if you have 100 minutes to burn and you don't want to gain anything from that time, you should watch Colombiana.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Paranoia: 5.5/10 not sure why this didn't work but it just didn't

The Spectacular Now: 8/10 Fantastic, best movie I've seen in a while

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Fruitvale Station 8/10

So sad, I feel like the movie did a little bit to much to try and have you sympathize with the main character but all in all it was a good movie and an important story that should be told.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks... its up on my NetFlix queue and looking forward to seeing it. I am originally from the SF Bay Area and rode BART all over the place (especially from Fremont to Oakland) so it will be interesting to learn more about what happened.

6. dragician

dragician Member

I didnt' have a choice but to watch Pocahontas with my kids... still a nice movie for kids.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Your lucky you never got shot, because apparently for them it doesn't take much to execute you in the street.

My only other complaint is that they start off the movie with the actual footage of the shooting and it enraged me so much (the way they killed him) that I could hardly even sit through the whole movie. But on the other hand i get why they did it, it defiantly hooks you to the story right off the bat it just kind of makes the rest of the movie hard to watch.

8. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Monuments Men - 6/10. Pretty much all over the place. A lot of acting talented spread way too thin. Didn't really start getting good until the last 30 minutes. Wait until it's on Netflix.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

12 Years a Slave - 9.5/10

Wanted to check it out before Oscars. Damn. No words. Fassbender and Ejiofor were unreal. This is gonna clean up at the Academy Awards.

10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

It's one of those movies that would have made a better TV series.

Especially when you're dealing with two, very in depth subjects: WWII and Cultural Art

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Captain Phillips 8/10. Not much o a Tom Hanks fan but I really enjoyed this movie.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

La Grande Bellezza aka The Great Beauty

8/10

An amazing Italian film up for best foreign picture this year. The soundtrack and cinematography is tops. It won best foreign film recently at the BAFTAs as well.

13. VanityHalfBlack

I seriously need to see this movie before the Oscars. I do love me some good strong acting and those two always bring their A game. Please tell me Oprah Winfrey is not involve in any of this?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dallas Buyers Club - 8.5/10

Finally saw it, and the hype was warranted. McConaughey kills it and should walk away with Best Actor. I actually thought Jared Leto's performance wasn't nearly as good as the hype he's been getting, but maybe I just missed something. Very enjoyable movie.

15. Nero

Nero Member

Non-Stop 7/10

Check your analytical mind at the door, and just roll with it. It's a simple ripping yarn, tense, well acted, filled with red herrings and mysteries, and a satisfying conclusion.

Pretty good!

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would check out almost any of e other nominees before this. Fassbender and nyongo were great but the movie but it was lacking in a lot of areas. Definitely felt more like 12 days a slave

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damnit, I need to find a new site to get some of the screeners as I'd like to check out some flicks before the Oscars.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'd love to megashare (that) .info with you.

1 person likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

agreed. shot beutifully, acted beautifully but very lacking. wasnt as powerful or pro founding as i hoped it would be. the progression of the movie, like rhino said, seemed more like 12 days a slave.
    7/10.

hope gravity cleans up at the awards, even with that annoying bullock.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Spectacular Now - 8 out of 10. Very different film. At times a romance, others a slight comedy, but mostly a teen "coming of age" film where the writing and acting is real and the emotions are well-played. I only recognized two of the cast (one of which is a Jennifer Jason Leigh playing the mom role) so it was also good to see fresh faces, especially in the lead roles.