1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate Texans #1 Pick JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big MAK, Apr 28, 2011.

?

Grade

1. A

123 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. B

84 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. C

40 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. D

20 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. E

29 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Would Watt be the same player under Frank Bush?
    How much of his development can we contribute to Wade?

Player development is the key in coaching I think.

Rocket River

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Hey, I tried to stick up for you bro.

3. Apps

Apps Member

I went through this thread to see what I said (because I'm a pretty self-absorbed guy), and I must say I look pretty good.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

This is my favorite:

;p

In all seriousness, this is:

Nice job sammy. That Bleacher Report link was pretty dead on too.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can't remember what I voted (either an A or B). I watched probably five of Watt's games at Wisconsin last year, and while I liked the pick, I thought that we could have gone a different direction. I was intrigued by loading up with front seven talent, and knew it would make the secondary better than it already was. The thing that I liked most about Watt in college were his hands (both shedding blocks and blocking passes), and mostly, his motor. I remember I had a couple of posts about him in a different thread (surprised I didn't post in this one...maybe I got scared with all the hate) about his motor, and it was great to have players like that. I think I said something about how his motor was like Cushing's.

Anyways, great pick. Some posters probably feel like a-holes. The Cat is probably smiling from ear to ear.