1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rasheed Wallace's Remarks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JOHNNYN, May 30, 2008.

1. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

Rasheed Wallace just cussed out the camera man about 9 min into the 4th quarter of game 6.

"You need to get that F***ing camera out of my face!" (throws towel at camera)

you guys think there will be any consequences for rasheed wallaces behavior during game 6?
    do you think the NBA will give him another $25,000 fine like they did when he said the officiating was horrible?

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

that guy is a numbnut, his jailblazer days are seeping back through

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if the pistons force a game 7 they'll suspend him so it will be heavily favored for a celtics/lakers matchup

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Gee it'd be nice to have a player on our team who was passionate
    enough to cuss out a cameraman.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i loved JVG's remarked afterwards

"the cameraman should give a T to Sheed!"

6. rawool

rawool Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6C-Ke0BMccg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6C-Ke0BMccg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

^ Thats pretty hilarious

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

One of the true pieces of crap in the NBA.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Both teams played hard.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

you can't always believe what you see and read. on the court, he certainly brings an attitude that is generally detrimental....though i think it'd be very difficult to claim his attitude is the reason they lost this series...maybe his play, but that's another story.

off the court, though, apparently Sheed is a great guy. Great with the ballboys, good tipper, etc., etc., etc. Whereas I've heard as consummate class act as KG is on the court, he's the opposite off...you know, punching out teammates, stand off'ish with organization personnel, etc., etc.

who knows what is really true, but I get the impression Sheed just really wants to compete, and that definitely gets the best of him at times...

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I disagree. I think sheed plays hard and is very emotional, he hasn't had any offcourt trouble in a while, and his team wins.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Anyone remember Dennis Rodman kicking the camera man?

13. yobod

yobod Member

What's funny is that I've heard the same thing....that Sheed is actually a pretty cool guy to meet off the court, and that he never minds giving autographs and talking to fans. KG I've heard is actually kind of a dick.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry, but he definitely doesn't play hard often enough. Rasheed takes too many games off and other times he won't (mentally) check in until the 4th quarter. He has Hall of Fame talent but his brain and heart are grade school level. If you put Tim Duncan's brain and heart into Rasheed's body, he would be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Underachiever extraordinaire.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sheed would be a pretty decent fit with the Rockets. Even though he's 34 years old, I'd considering moving one of Scola or Landry for him. Scola and Landry is unlikely to become as good on the defensive end of the floor as Sheed. Sheed's problem is he isn't a post scorer and likes to hand out around the perimeter... It would be just fine if he's playing next to another big who can work inside (Yao, Scola and Landry all can do it to one degree or another). He would create space by drawing out an opposing big. Sheed is also a good defender, which would allow the Rockets to play small (i.e. sit Yao and Deke) without losing defense. This past season, the Rockets had no shot blocking whenever Adelman went with 2 PFs.

16. dischead

dischead Member

His team was about to get eliminated, he was pissed I can relate.

17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

sheed would be a better backup for yao than deke!

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm with you on this. Fearless prediction: Sheed will be a Bobcat.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Would you consider this oncourt or off-court?

I don't really care if he's cool to a fan every once in a while. I still say he's one of the biggest pieces of crap in the league.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I agree. He has done enough moronic stuff and said enough stupid things to pretty much negate any "nice guy" stuff he does off the court now and again. He's a knucklehead who went from the guy who put Detroit over the top to the guy who seems to be the leader of a underachieving squad of egos.

I'm just glad he doesn't play in Houston.