1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rasheed Wallace

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigmike_oh, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

but its STILL only one free throw if its a tech for slapping the backboard or for screaming at the refs. besides, his talent is undeniable

------------------
    What is the difference between Kelvin Cato and Macey Gray??

Macey has bigger hair

2. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

No one is trying to deny his talent. But getting ejected from games and overall disruption of the team does not help anyone. Francis got ejected from one game the entire year for two techs... and that was a BS call. Rasheed should have been ejected from about 25.

------------------
    "If you don't understand it,
    don't try to understand it."
    -Carl Everett

[This message has been edited by Dogbelly (edited July 18, 2001).]

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Hey, maybe he could throw a towel in Cato's face & get him fired up. At the very least, it ought to be a pretty good fight. [​IMG]

------------------
    A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I saw this show over the weekend called "The Source: All Access" and they had a segment on the automobiles owned by Shaq, GP, and one Rasheed Wallace.....Rasheed had this SUV in which a video camera was hooked up to the back of the vehicle...when asked what the camera's purpose was for Rasheed responded "I gotta keep an eye out in case someone try to come up on me from the back."

He really does think all the ppl of the world (including the refs) are all out to get him....one paranoid MF if ya ask me!

------------------

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think people's problem with Rasheed are the free throws he gives up on these technicals. It's the fact that he has hardly any self control. He's like a timebomb. He thinks all the officials are out to get him, and he can only hold it in for so long. It's a continuing pattern.

Francis may pick up some technicals, but if he picks up one, he's at least smart enough to shut his mouth and not put himself at risk of another one. Almost all NBA players are. When Rasheed picks up a first T, the refs don't want to throw him out. They give him every opportunity in the world. But he just keeps on arguing, more and more, until they have no choice but to throw him out.

Rasheed's a good talent, but so was Derrick Coleman. Why would you want to depend on someone to be one of your stars if you can't even be sure that he'll play the entire game? Until he shows me some form of self control, I wouldn't trade Mo Taylor straight up for him.

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Rasheed has mad skills
    but talent means diddly-squat
    when you've fouled out.

Head case? Childish? Dumb?
    These are words that spring to mind
    describing Rasheed.

We don't need Rasheed
    We should lie back, relax and
    stick with what we have.

Just like Scott Pippen
    stuck in his personal hell;
    a Blazer for life.

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

7. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

lol, i remember when my english teacher taught me that ****.

------------------
    What is the difference between Kelvin Cato and Macey Gray??

Macey has bigger hair