1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rasheed commits to Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BasketballReasons, Jul 5, 2009.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I know a thread was created like a second ago saying Celtics offered him a contract, but this is bigger, he actually accepts it!

link

2. Chamillionaire

great move by ainge, get a legit 7' PF C who can spread the floor and play d along with KG, they've become my second favorite team after this signing, i think it's brilliant. wait to see how they get Hill signed.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Can you imagine what would happen if Hill also signs there? Lol Rondo, Allen, Rasheed, Pierce, KG and Hill. If Rasheed plays motivated (a big IF I know), you'd basically have an all-star 7 man rotation. Strongest Champions in the last decade? Probably :D

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

oops I meant 6 :p

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The East will be a war this year with Boston, Cleveland and Orlando along with LA Lakers, SA and maybe Portland or Denver those teams have stamped themselves as mega-contenders!

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

If Garnett is healthy, and Boston stays healthy, they will be stupid good.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think its getting pretty clear that Baby is out of the picture! Wallace said he hesitated to retire, but only came back to win some rings. He will be hungry.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Looks like Garnett isn't going to be ready in the first month of the season?

9. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Ric Bucher just confirmed it via Twitter. Nice pick-up for the Celts, and really good insurance should Garnett not be healthy for the start of the season.

10. foodworld

foodworld Member

Baby will be there. Rondo is only being shopped because of his attitude; his game is pretty good. Hopefully he and Ainge will make peace.

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

man, this is becoming money wars..

12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I hope Celtics whoop that Lakers ass now thats if they are all healthy.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I feel for Rondo, all this guys are probably going to retire AROUND the same time living Rondo a one man Recking Crew;in the late 90's and early to mid 00's this would be a all-star starting line up :D
    Allen (34)
    Pierce (32)
    Hill (if they sign him)(37)
    Garnett (33)
    Rasheed (35)
    ..... and Rondo (23)..... i guess Celtics are going for broke, making sure they win a championship in the next couple of years... :D

14. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

With Rasheed off the market, maybe this will make Orland match Gortat. Even if we don't get him, I don't want him going to the Mavs.

15. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Great pick up for the Celtics. An insurance just in case KG is not available. Some teams have all the luck. :(

16. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Rondo
    Allen
    Pierce
    KG/Wallace
    Wallace/KG.

If I was a Boston fan, I'd be crying, and peeing in my pants right now.

17. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

You mean Laker fans. :D

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

if KG is healthy, if Ray Allen's ankles hold up, if Sheed doesn't blow up and is ok with reduced touches and minutes, if Grant Hill (if he signs) stays healthy..

this isn't the year 2000. Signing a bunch of old guys doesn't guarantee.. but it's a good move

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The good thing about all of these hated teams loading up is that only one team won't be a huge disappointment at the end of the year. I hate the Celtics and Lakers. Any Rockets fan that roots for them is crazy. Only the Jazz and Mavericks suck more than them.

20. LakersForever

LakersForever Member

Not really. I'd give respect to the game play(if not the personality) of people like Pierce, Rondo and Garnett. But them picking up Wallace does not really move me either way.