1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Jan 27, 2016.

1. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

So you're saying they make it to the Eastern Conference Finals?

2. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I'm just saying, anything can happen. If the Raps get that far who says (ik everybody) they don't have a shot at upsetting, or at least pushing Cleveland?
    Lowry is a superior player to Irving by a decent amount, just considering the fact that he plays defense. DeRozan is having a helluva season, and could be their semi-answer to LeBron. Speaking of LeBron, he could have a rough time with Carroll, Johnson, and DeRozan thrown at him all series. And if Val shows up, Cleveland sucks at the 5. Love is barely worth mentioning considering his invisibility on the Cavs.

Not as easy of a series as people like to make out. Then again, Toronto could do the same old **** and get eliminated quickly. I tend to like them better when I'm high :p

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If golden state crushes it again, Toronto becomes a top destination for Durant. I know it sounds crazy, but there are many reasons for this.

Toronto is a huge market, has a whole country backing it and a lot of international support, the city is becoming very popular with celebs and this will be more evident with the all star game.

Drake and Durant are tight, and most importantly, where else can Durant go where he will already have a strong team with him and such an easy trip to the finals.

The raptors with Durant would crush the cavs.

(I live in Toronto, not even a fan)

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

yeah my thought exactly lol

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

So our franchise is never gonna be good enough for 60 wins?

6. willus

willus Member

Derozan looking like a different player this year.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Raps made similar noise last year (no winstreak) and dropped the ball in the playoffs...ill wait a little bit

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Picked them in 6 in the series thread but yeah, still looking like fodder.

2nd seed, don't care. 56 wins, don't care.

9. buffalobills!!!

It's in the East, so the wins are inflated

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Starters:
    Kyle Lowry
    DeMar DeRozan
    DeMarre Carroll
    Serge Ibaka
    Jonas Valanciunas

Bench:
    Corey Joseph
    Norman Powell
    Delon Wright
    Jakob Poeltl
    Lucas Noguiera

That's a solid team, especially for the East. I may even favor them over Boston, except their coaching is awful compared to Boston's.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

damn no mention of PPat, one of their most important players

12. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

If they could pry a PJ Tucker or Wilson Chandler type player they could be come legit to come out of the east.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

knew I was forgetting someone.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

also Siakam, he's quite impressive for a rookie. they have great big men depth now and looking forward. i could see siakam and ibaka become a great pairing next year, defensive athletic bigs with shooting range.

15. Nook

Nook Member

There has never been a major NBA free agent that signed with the Raptors over other free agent markets. Kevin Durant is more likely to sign with a dozen other teams over the Raptors. Further, the Raptors are going to have a very hard time keeping Lowry and Ibaka. It is quite possible (if not likely) that the Raptors do not resign Ibaka and give the max to Lowry to retain him. The Raptors are desperate to win now, which is why they went so hard after Ibaka.

The Raptors are 11-14 in 2017. So, they are not really playing like a team on a collision course with the NBA Finals.

San Antonio, Houston, Boston, Golden State and Washington all are far more likely spots for Durant than Toronto.... and that is just off the top of my head.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Carl Herrera would thank you.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Dude I made that post over a year ago! Haha. Obviously I don't feel Durant is going to the Raps this summer. He's staying put, 100%.
    Also, I'm quite sure Toronto keeps both Lowry and Ibaka, unless Philly offers full max to Lowry. Ujiri won't let Ibaka walk away.

18. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

For those that did not know, KD grew up as a BIG Toronto Raptors Fan and dreamt to play for them.