1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Raptors prefer Calderon over Lowry?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/...g-gasol-howard-or-standing-pat-lakers-in-bind

Coming from Ken Berger, don't know if he's a decent source or not.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Trade Lin for Lowry? They love Lin in Toronto

3. conquistador#11

he will definitely enjoy camping out at the three, like he did last season when gogi took over and both were on the court at the same time.
    =/

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The CBA does not allow Lowry to return to HOU under any scenario until July 1, 2013.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hell no. Lin has way more potential, he's just being used wrong right now.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He does? I think Lin's ceiling is at Lowry level.

7. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Waiver wire?

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Guess Lowry was really an immature person and showing this in every single organisation he's been with.

9. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

What about for "basketball reasons"?

1 person likes this.
  10. torocan

torocan Member

Definitely not a good sign if true.

I don't think there's a lot of debate that Lowry is a superior player to Calderon, I guess the question is whether he's a superior TEAM MATE than Calderon.

It does not bode well for Lowry if he was traded off the Rockets due to clashes with the coach, and the team he lands on (a losing EASTERN conference team) wants to get rid of him too.

Still, it's just a rumor. And he's not DeMarcus Cousins (as far as we know). I guess we'll see come the trade deadline...

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Colangelo can't possible keep his job after this year.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sometime during training camp or the pre-season, Matt Bullard was interviewed on AM610 by Matt & Adam and the subject of Lowry came up. Without saying so verbatim, Bull said Lowry's return to the Rockets last year wrecked the team and was why the Rockets lost 6 straight at the end to plummet from a sure playoff spot.

To my understanding, he made it clear Lowry purposely brought the negativity to blow everything up. There was a reason McHale sat him the final 3 games. I was very surprised at Bull's candor expressing such a strong opinion on the radio.

This year I've only watched the Raptors against the Lakers, but like everyone else saw, Calderon was a master at directing the their offense and put on a clinic. When Lowry entered in the 3rd quarter, he hit two quick 3s but then the wheels fell off and the Lakers made a run. When Calderon returned, Lakers were done.

At this point, I wouldn't trade my dog for Lowry until fixes his attitude.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Lowry could end up in a lot of places that might need a pg. Maybe Milwaukee can get him for Jennings

14. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Raptors Would Prefer To Trade Lowry Over Calderon

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ors_Would_Prefer_To_Trade_Lowry_Over_Calderon

Sources: Raptors Would Prefer To Trade Lowry Over Calderon
    Jan 26, 2013 10:56 AM EST

The Toronto Raptors would prefer to trade Kyle Lowry over Jose Calderon, according to league sources.

Lowry was acquired last offseason from the Houston Rockets in exchange for Gary Forbes and a future first-round lottery pick.

Lowry is averaging 13.8 points and 5.8 assists in 27.7 minutes behind Calderon.
    Via Ken Berger/CBSSports

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Remember when Raptors fans were celebrating like they won that trade? Now we have James Harden (and likely wouldn't without having made that trade) and they are already trying to move Lowry.

Sure wish we could reacquire him though. For all of his flaws, he's a bulldog of a point guard.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

17. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I love the way the guy plays, but I do believe he has an attitude and sometimes that is not good for a young team. Its crazy cause what I remember most is him arguing with Scola (who never says or argue with anyone) every other game, as well as other players, and arguing/disagreeing with Adelman and Mchale. You don't need that from someone who should be the leader. Not to mention how he quit on the team when he came back from injury, all because he lost his starting job.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

In this league any player with an "attitude" is either a superstar or a guy who's going to be out of the league pretty soon.

19. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Raptors GM is just clueless

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

What are you saying? He's not a superstar, but I do think he has enough talent to stick around. Plus he seems like a guy that can get it together. But he has to change.