1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant Sports] James Harden Needs To Improve His Relationship With Media by*John Raffel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LoyalRocket, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I think a lot of it has to do with the 60% of Houston not being able to actually see the Rockets and James play, hate to bring that up but I really think its a big part. The other thing is that most fans are realistic that we know we have a young star in Harden and we are letting him mature and grow on the team. He's the best on the team and I really see him taking us far in the future. The others, I guess they just don't come on the site anymore since it has changed.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You make leaps in logic in your criticism, which I have already stated many times.

If you think Harden missing a media session after a humiliating, heated and disappointing loss is indication that he diverts responsibility and is an unfair teammate, then yes you are pretty sensitive.

I'm struggling to see why that's hard to grasp. By all means say he was wrong for doing it, I don't disagree with that. He will be fined appropriately. Just don't link that to being an irresponsible and unfair teammate as you suggested.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This whole thing has made me an even bigger fan of Harden. Seriously, the guy had a pretty decent game individually, yet still took it pretty hard when the team lost. At least we can't question whether or not he cares about winning or just padding his stats.

4. lfw

lfw Rookie

I think you are sensitive when people criticize Harden. If you think it's not irresponsible or a bit immature for Harden to skip a required function of his job because he was upset well then maybe you should try that at your job and see how that turns out. Either way, I'm done with this thread.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He was irresponsible to the media and fans at worse, I have already stated that clearly.

And no I am not sensitive to people criticizing Harden, as much as you would like to believe. He has a ton of faults in his game.

If you had bothered to read, which unfortunately you hadn't this entire time, you would realize that my issue is with accusation that he is an irresponsible and unfair teammate because he missed a media session. That is just an overreaction on your part regardless.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'm convinced that Habs is a Spurs fan turned Harden hater (after Harden closed out the Spurs in game 5 lol).

7. Devious

Devious Member

You know what Harden needs to improve? Harden can be much more effective he could properly utilize is right hand when driving into the basket.

8. Habs

Habs Member

Don't think Timmy is too bothered. He already has 4 Championships, 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVP, 14 All-star appearances, and NBA first team 9 times. And he's not done, since his team currently sits first in the West. That, and he knows he has league wide respect among other bigs in the NBA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C18HVpszHaQ

Not a Spurs fan, just a basketball fan. And all true basketball fans appreciate the Spurs. I guess it speaks volumes that you don't.

#timduncan #trueNBAfans #watchbasketball

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Probably the biggest though is that TMac already established himself as a superstar before coming here. Harden is just now becoming one. By the start of year 3, this place will probably be littered with HOFs.

10. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

True. Harden was well known before but not superstar level so you have a point.

11. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

He uses it fine. It's a myth that he as no right hand. It's not the same as Lin's nonexistant off hand.