1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant] Rockets on National TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, Nov 5, 2009.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Minor Rant

How come the Rockets don't have any games on national TV (ESPN and TNT)?

Yet, the Clippers have 6 on ESPN and 3 on TNT, and about 8 or 9 on NBA TV.

The Clippers weren't any where near the playoffs last year.

Toronto has 3 big Canadian stations to itself (CBC, TSN, and The Score). Practically over a game a week on average. Understandable, it is Canada. But . . . they've got one ESPN game against the Knicks on Jan 15. Wow.

Utah has 12 National appearances (7 on ESPN and 5 on TNT). Yet, they barely made the playoffs and have look like dead-fish for about the last 10 regular season games and the playoffs.

The Rockets, on the other hand, lost T-Mac, Mutombo, and Yao, didn't receive stellar play from Artest, yet they pushed LA to brink of elimination. Reward, have 0 national TV exposure, there you go.

Even, New York has 5 on ESPN. Oklahoma City and Indiana has 1 a piece and they aren't even playing top level teams in those games.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you can watch them on FSN...

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

furthermore why does League Pass SUCK?

4. Asian Sensation

If we keep winning and Mcgrady comes back I'm sure some of our games will get picked up.

5. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

^^I hope so. Me and my dad just think the NBA hates us (the Rockets). It seems like we always get talked down on, always get bad calls on court, and not giving us props from last year. It makes me :mad: but we will surprise them this year again. ;)

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am wondering what Barkley will say about the rockets on TNT tonight.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Delayed reaction...

Where were you when we were whining about the disrespect when the schedule was released?

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Wasn't on the BBS for about a good 3 months? ;)

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Then that would be why :) check the threads from back then. We basically decided that TPTB thought No Yao, No Tmac = no national audience.

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Not to mention Clips getting so much attention due to Blake Griffin.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

just gives us more fuel to sneak up on people. has there ever been a team to make the playoffs who had 0 nat'l tv games throughout the reg season?

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Clippers get airtime because people want to see how good Griffin is. We want to see if the hype is true. Rockets have no Yao and no T-Mac.

You can ask most casual NBA fans outside of Houston to name our roster excluding the injured players. You would be lucky to get the starting lineup, even if you asked 10 people.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Honestly I don't really like the national view of our team as most are not informed anyway.

Give me Bill, Clyde and Bull every day, all week.

14. Audioout

Audioout Member

I honestly am glad. It seems to me we play worse in nationally televised games.

Also, I get real annoyed with the announcers. They like to pound information into the audience like we're all stupid and need a summary of a story every ten minutes. Not that Bull doesn't get on my nerves from time to time.

Protip for Bullard: Nobody cares what you ate and your puns are not as clever as you think.

15. houseofglass21

Is it just me or do the FSN Rockets home games have terrible sound quality? The volume of the announcers keeps dipping down and up and I have to turn my TV wayyyyy the heck up. Doesn't happen on TNT or any other stations.

16. Jinx222

Jinx222 Member

sux us oustiders cant watch it on FSN HOUSTON.. i live in VA so it's blocked on my side of the county.. boooo..

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Happens to me too.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yes and there HD quality is crap compared to ESPN, TNT, MSG and YES. I would think since its the Rox/Stros "channel" they should have made HD a priority but I guess we atleast have Road Games in HD now so I can't complain to much.

19. Audioout

Audioout Member

Same story here. Some games are worse than others.

20. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

i live in toronto and raptors are the only canadian team, of course cbc tsn etc are going to broadcast them. rockets have a lot of national coverage in china :D