1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT!!!] I Don't Care if We Bring in Love/Melo/Whoever, We're Not Winning Anything...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 10, 2014.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Wow, I must say I'm taken aback at this shameless troll thread. You present your points very abrasively and need to cool it.

2. reliableman

reliableman Member

OP: I spit on your grave.

3. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

In harden we trust!!!

4. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I think pretty much everyone wants a new PG. People just prefer Harden over our current options.

5. i3artow i3aller

Where's the shrimp fest that was promised?

Am I to understand that there will be no shrimp fest?

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

So what do you suggest OP? I'm assuming you're saying we should trade for a starting PG and demote PB to the bench? That's fine, but it has to be one hell of a PG, because I can tell you right now, if he isn't an all star caliber PG....it'll just be more of the same. The coaching staff will NOT have an average veteran PG running the show. The ball will still be in Harden's hands the majority of the time. So your desire to have Harden just focus on being a traditional SG and focus more on D, will not work. Also, since it's seems like we're looking to upgrade the 4 spot with an all star caliber player, our chances of also upgrading the 1 spot with another all star player is slim to none.

So the only answer left is that Harden MUST improve his individual D, and if he can't due to his offensive burden, then the coaching staff has to change its stubborn philosophy and just let the PG, whoever it may be, be a true PG.

7. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

BOOM!!

8. Solaris

Solaris Member

The ball is not going any where else. When Harden doesn't have the ball in his hand, he doesn't make any efforts and is disinterested in doing anything else. The ball will remain in his hands, he is after all, the alpha dog of the team(and not Dwight), per Morey/McHale.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Although I'm not in favor of such drastic measures, if it came to that, we need to find one that says "were not joking around"!

My preference would be something like this...:eek:
    [​IMG]

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If this is the case, then do we really want to hang our championship hopes on Harden? I can't think of a single player who's led his team to a title while being such a completely 1 way player.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Honestly if you didnt look at the timestamp wpuld you even know this post was from last offseason? I was wromg to insult harden by saying hes not 06 wade. Hes better

1 person likes this.
  12. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I applaud you for admitting you were wrong.. :cool:

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Harden hasn't proven he's better than a 3rd season wade who avg. 27pts and wins championship in 06

14. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

This thread is half angry fan and half truth

15. hotballa

16. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

good bump,

17. hotballa

told you so. everyone who went against me can suck it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden would like help at guard:&quot;That's 1 of the conversations me &amp; Daryl r going 2 have &amp; the coaches,1 of the pieces we need to add&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/604314227243769856">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Team was in the WCF. If your metric for winning is a championship or bust, then the chances are pretty good that we won't win anything with Harden. The Rockets have won 2 titles in 40 years of basketball in Houston.

Over that 40 year span, the Rockets 2 titles rank 7th in the league.

People have a skewed sense of reality if your standard for success is title or bust.

19. houseofglass21

necro troll thread

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The result of this season makes your original point in this thread dead wrong. A better PF, a healthy DMo and Bev, and the Rockets might be lifting that trophy.

The fact that James wants someone better than Terry, Prigioni, Nick Johnson and an oft-injured Pat Beverley as his running mate doesn't make you some kind of genius. It just makes you a master of stating the obvious.