1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT!!!] I Don't Care if We Bring in Love/Melo/Whoever, We're Not Winning Anything...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 10, 2014.

1. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This man knows what he's talking about.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Hotballa is frustrated because he doesn't understand how Harden urinates.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

considering the places he frequents, most likely with a burning sensation

4. Nook

Nook Member

Welp... We can close up shop after this little gem.

Time to lock mods.

5. hotballa

I'm not looking for a guy like CP3 who holds onto the ball the entire game. I dont need a drive and dish guy either. I want someone who will take the ball upcourt, direct offensive traffic, keep everyone in the flow of the game. Harden just isnt suited for that. He is one of the leagues best scorers. I don't want to keep messing with his mindset. I want a floor general.

Beverly plays D, and hustles but is a liability on offense. Miller is too old at this point IMO, but a younger version of him would have worked quite well. Not asking for a superstar, just a vet PG who can provide stability on offense, and not be a liability on either end.

6. hotballa

numbers wise, we were good, but with the way Harden struggled, how many points do you think we could have scored on the Spurs or Grizzlies?

7. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Repped for using a proper ellipsis for the first time ever in CF history. :cool:

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Was reading Zach Lowes piece on Lance Stephenson today and thought I would point out a few things he brought up about Harden and his playmaking ability that would pretty much go against how you feel about his abilities in that category.

Here's the link for any who are interested. http://grantland.com/features/the-courtship-of-lance-stephenson/

Throughout the article he keeps comparing Lances numbers to those of guys like Lebron, Paul, George and you guessed it James Harden. He shows some assist origin charts that you can look at in the article and CP3s looks amazingly similar to Hardens.

He also compares all of these guys numbers in creating assists within 10 and 5 feet from the rim.

The side note to this quote...

It really is amazing to me how underrated Hardens playmaking ability is around here. He is one of the best in the league. There is a reason we put the ball in his hands.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If I were McHail, I woud resign after seeing the posts on this forum.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My exact feelings. I won't even budge if we get Melo or Love. It's more than talent we need a systemx good management, trust, hard work...

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey is way over his head. I don't even know who the Spurs GM is. Stay humble Morey

12. timyeung

timyeung Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but Rocket's short term goal is not to win anything but to artificially ramp up Harden's stats so that they can obtain a third big name "star." There is no accountability and no team play. Harden can play zero D and still be on the floor for35+ minutes so that he can volume shoot to obtain good offensive stats.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Harden hate is strong. :eek:

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Our offense was the only thing keeping up from getting blown out and swept. :confused:

15. texansalltheway

Why can't we play like the spurs

16. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

Kyrie for harden again anyone?

17. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I don't agree.

We need to get a solid player for Lin and Asik, and then user the cap room to get a third star (ie Rondo or Melo or Love etc), and then finally resign Parsons.

18. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Harden will be fine..... The thing I believe will hold back this team in future postseasons is the "Moreyball" offense. With the lack of screens and player movement off the ball, I don't care who is on this team.

In regard to defense, Harden just needs to be held more accountable. Unlike say Kyrie Irving (I love him, a great offensive fit for "Moreyball", but the defense...), Harden's problem on defense is more coaching than anything else.

If the Rox are to get to the next level with the "Moreyball" offense, we need a rangy wing defender who can really disrupt passing lanes off screens. A Serge Ibaka or Kawhi Leonard type of player. But natural defenders just don't grow on trees.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

With only just reading the first sentence if your post and title.... DUH!!!

They NEED Rondo!!!!!!! They don't need Love or Carmelo. That's a nice ticket sell, but that won't improve their record much

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the reason we won't win something big real soon are:

Management and team, everyone is not on the same page. Fk those reports that say the whole team is tight, practicing together every month

The West is just too crowded. A championship caliber Clippers IMO cannot get out of the 2nd round

38 year old Duncan and 36 old Ginobili playing like they are 25 and 28. Some ridiculous ****.

Even the Mavericks have more chemistry in the playoffs.

Lebron will always be in the Finals until he is maybe 34+