1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT!!!] I Don't Care if We Bring in Love/Melo/Whoever, We're Not Winning Anything...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 10, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

1. get a real PG so Harden can focus on being a SG and not worry about ballhandling
    2. get a real coach who will make guys accountable on defense
    3. stop pushing the stupid shoot 50 3s a game mentality that is driven by his spreadsheet
    4. stop thinking about the next big acquisition and focus on the present team
    5. get rid of the "everyone is an asset" attitude. these guys are human beings and that kind of environment does not exactly foster team building.

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

....MOH?

3. hotballa

Our offense was not elite in the plaoyoffs.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You mean, a transcendent perimeter player in the mold of a Kenny Smith or a Vernon Maxwell?

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So how the hell do you quantify "Transcendental Perimeter Player"??

I think the word Subjective is taking it lightly. You say he's a superstar, but not "transcendental"... I'm not really sure what the hell you are talking about.

He's either really good, or he's not. Which one is he?

(Also, I'm busy right now, but does anyone off the top of their head know Harden's offensive efficiency rating & assist rate vs. the top 10 PG's in the league?.... Thanks in advance).

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I feel you bro

7. hotballa

Kenny Smith and Cassell were guys who could handle the ball, distribute and keep the team playing together. This is all that I ask from a PG. It is why I mentioned I dont need a superstar PG, just someone in the Andre Miller mold will do.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes, it was.

We are third, behind only SAS and Miami.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

he's our most offensive player. therefore, he should handle the ball 100 percent of the time.

10. hotballa

someone who transcends the game, does things noone else can on a consistent basis. makes his teammates better even when he's having an off night. Someone who name rolls off your tongue when you are talking about top 50 all time players

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

THE PROBLEM IS NOT HARDEN

THE PROBLEM IS THE USELESS, CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT, GIMMICK LOSER HEAD COACH McHALE WHO IS ONE OF THE THREE WORST COACHES IN THE NBA AND ARGUABLY ONE OF THE 10 WORST COACHES IN NBA HISTORY.

Until the he is FIRED, even if we bring in CP3 and Lebron we ain't winning anything. He is that bad.

In fact, the Rockets would do much better without McHale. Replace him with a statue. He makes zero difference. Net negative to this team.

12. langal

He could just fire McHale and we would be happy.

13. hotballa

and how much did we give up compared to SAS and Miami? Elite offense means scoring against tough defensive teams. Portland outscored us, does that mean they have an elite offense better than an OKC team who had a tough matchup against the Grizzlies?

14. hotballa

I agree actually. The rest of my rant fleshes out my initial sentence. I dont blame Harden, he is not being put in a position to succeed

15. langal

Harden is not close to Lebron as far as playmaker goes. I don't think the OP has anything against Harden. He just wants a better PG (which is something most of us agree with).

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Stop shifting the goal posts.

You made a rant on a silly topic, which is just fundamentally incorrect. Own it and move on.

17. langal

All vitriol aside. I got from the OP that he wants a better PG and a better coach. I think we pretty much all agree on these 2 points.

18. hotballa

not shifting anything. you stated we had an elite offense. it's not elite, and i made my point as to why it's not. you can either refute it or ignore it. seems like you chose the latter. thats fine with me.

19. Orange

Orange Member

Have people not realized that hotballa dosent know anything about the nba

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We just have mediocre coaches, we have a great team. They are to young to know what to do on their on and since we have no coach some times we look great others we look awful. Hopefully Mchale leaves when his contract is up.