1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT #14934324] Little Things That Tick You Off Part XXI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

1. I absolutely cannot stand when people go into a store like Wal-Mart, Kroger, K-Mart, etc. and use the Self-Checkout lane and they either:

a. Have a basket full of stuff.

b. Don't know how to use them.

:mad:

It's called Fast Lane, QuickCheck, etc. for a reason! There is a 20 item limit for a reason!

I probably have a lot more stuff but this has happened to me 2 days in a row.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Breaking a guitar string.
    It's a little thing, but it still ticks me off when it happens.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

When people slow down WAY too much when they're turning off of a road.

Or when people block exit ramps/turn lanes by not pulling forward 3 feet, when the next car is like 10 yards in front of them.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I used to buy Blue Steels and they constantly broke!!! Ever since I got Ernie Ball strings, I haven't broken a single one.

5. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

amen brother... add a bad jack, crappy cable, stripped out strap buttons and dirty pots to the list...

6. bladeage

oh yea, I hate people who drive in the rain with their headlights off.

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I enjoy the self checkout lanes when it doesn't register the item you just rang up, and as you put the item in the bag it says really loud, "Unexpected item in bagging area."

I usually like to argue with it, and give my rebuttal, "No there isn't. You just rang it up. You put it on the screen, so you should know it's in the bagging area." When I say "bagging area" I like to use quote fingers to accentuate the point.

I'm not mad when it happens. Actually, I am having a good time with it, and trying to stir a reaction with the people behind me. It's funny...most people laugh.

Don't sweat the small stuff. It's really easy to get angry at little things. But what good does it do you or the situation?

:)

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Being forced into cashier lines because my HEB doesn't have self checkout.

People complaining about the problems with the good things they have. :D

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

True dat!

:D

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

self checkout is funny, especially when people talk to the machine.

i hate people that walk extremely slow or just stand in the middle of aisles (anywhere). Freaking move! there are other people on the planet trying to do things.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I hate it when I fall asleep while typing a fdtrvdwerfvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

keeping with the grocery store theme...nothing irks me more than standing in a line that "appears" it should take less time to check out, only to have teh person in front of you argue over 20 cents b/c they are being overcharged.

i actually don't blame the customer b/c it's not about the 20 cents, but the principle. still, it makes me furious about it.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

- When you get in line at the bank to do a straight deposit and you're behind 1 car and the 1 car is a person who has decided to do all their monthly banking via the drive-thru. The lane next to you with 5 cars moves faster and people who got there 5 minutes after you come and go while you're still in line.

- The "please wait for cashier" message at the self check line. Especially when the cashier is too busy to press the button because she's helping some old lady who doesn't know how to scan a box of cereal.

- People who try to get on the elevator before people are done getting off.

- People who constantly change lanes in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

- When you're at Whataburger for your post-gig whata-sized combo #2 with cheese and the one car in front of you has 12 people in it, all of which are getting something.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

- people that throw cigarrette butts out the window
    - people that roll through, bump stop or flat out run stop signs
    - people that haven't filled in their checks (To, Date, Signature) while their items are being scanned
    - people that cut in front of you in the left lane on the freeway and then slow down

15. A-Train

I started a thread about self checkout lines about two years ago...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=98582

I usually go to the self checkout line, except when a cute cashier is working at another register and there isn't anybody in her line. :D

16. bladeage

i hate when we are at church and its tithe time, and my girlfriend decides to fill out the check when the bucket is 8 seconds away.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Grocery Store Pet Peeves:

-Motherlovers writing a CHECK! Hey- 1980 called, they want their form of payment back. Guess what- you can get a CHECK CARD for free from your bank. Swipe the card, punch in your code, and bam! You're done.

-People who forget an item and run to get it at the end of the transaction.

-Inefficent checkout tellers.

-One item per bag. Hey, I'm a big guy- I can handle two cans in a bag. I'm not going to bolo it around my head, so don't worry about the bag ripping from stress/ weight.

-The pack. You know, the 10 people who decide to go to the grocery store together and walk .01 mph and take up the entire aisle. Get out of the way and let me get my bread!

18. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

People who bring coupons in for things they didn't buy, and when they're told they didn't buy it storm furiously off to get the product only to return with the wrong product *AGAIN*, holding up the entire express lane, then act as if everyone else is at fault.

19. A-Train

Worse yet, after standing in line behind somebody else and after the cashier has already scanned the entire basketfull of groceries, the woman FINALLY decide to reach into the bottom of her purse to whip out the checkbook. Then, of course, she can't find her pen, so she has to borrow the cashier's pen...

To be honest, though, I don't see checks that often anymore. I think I've had to wait for somebody to write a check maybe twice in the past six months...and it's usually old battle axes that have never owned a credit card and still drive the trusty ole' '76 Fleetwood

20. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Ha! That's funny!!

Look into the automatic giving withdrawal option. My church just takes it out of our account each week. No worries!!

But then when the offering plate comes by, and people see me passing it without dropping something in.....I wonder if they wonder if I am not giving? ;)

Kidding about that last part.