1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ranking trade value - how we view our assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Mar 14, 2012.

1. valorita

valorita Member

1. Lowry - near all star caliber pg, young, locked in at bargain contract. Will only trade for top 10 ish player.

2. Parsons - similar to Landry Field's value w Knicks his rookie season but even better since he's a major contributor on a playoff team as a rookie and has that 2nd round pick contract that is best in the league! Will package with Lowry only for a top 5 ish player.

3. DMo - our very own Ricky Rubio type euro-stash. My guess is that having him in the ropes allows Morey to be more flexible with Patterson in the terms of moving him. Could be major part of package in rent-a-Dwight.

4. Patterson - difficult to gauge value because still trying to get back into form. glad to see him dunk for the first time in what seems forever yesterday. still makes a lot of winning plays. only below Lee in value because is not a proven commodity around the league yet. Having DMo and Scola and the relative ease of finding decent undersized pfs through the draft make him more tradeable imo.

5. Lee - I think management really really likes Lee and want to keep him. contract situation is a little dicey but restricted means we can wait for market value and match most reasonable offers. Will trade if can't get good deal for Martin and/or we think that some team will offer stupid contract over summer.

6. Morris - contrary to popular belief, I think Rox still have a lot of faith in Marcus. the unexpected brilliance of parsons is the only reason morris is moveable for an upgrade.

Scola, Martin, Dragic's situation is a little muddy in terms of value and what the rockets would be willing to move them for.

dally keeps the currently constructed roster a playoff team and he has a very friendly contract.

chase used to be the best bargain contract in basketball, till his replacement came in. still very sought after around the league because of his contract and ability to shoot and contribute as a solid 7th man on a contender.

hill, twil, flynn, thabeet are all afterthoughts. hill is actually serviceable backup pf to most people. someone might still take a chance on twil but prolly just a add on in any trade scenario.

g smith, llull have much greater value to us than to other teams since we invested in these guys.

Thoughts?

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ui5qthxTVvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. jogo

jogo Member

I stopped at 1. Lowry, will only trade for a top 10ish player.

Sorry, Lowry's NOT a top 10 player in the league, so you can't expect to get a top 10 player for him. Let's just say he's between the 20th and 25th best player in the league (and I don't even know where he falls). If so, then you have to strongly consider trading him for any of the top 25 players if they would help your team more. Case in point: Gasol, Bogut, Westbrook, etc. Also, I would have to think about trading him for a younger player who would become a star: Cousins, Harden, Wall, Monroe, etc.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Lowry and Lee have the most value.

Bud and Parsons are signed to a good contract and have value.

Dragic has value but since he's a UFA it's actually lower.

Patterson and Morris have very small value at the moment.

Martin and Scola have value to certain teams looking to fill a hole but their contract is holding that value back.

TWill has negative value.

The rest have no value except as an expiring.

5. valorita

valorita Member

no body said he was. as a player lowry is a top 6-8 pg and somewhere between 25-35. however, trade value is something completely different since you have to factor in many other aspects.
    For example, many will argue that Gasol is a top 15 player still.
    I don't think that Morey would trade Lowry for Gasol because of age and contract situations.
    this is a trade value assessment thread, not who is the best players in the nba thread.
    i firmly believe that lowry is not going anywhere unless we get a clear upgrade.