1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Randy Foye

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Anxiety Trooper, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Anxiety Trooper

What do you guys think about him? I know we like our guards (Lin & Beverly) but I would be interested in signing him in the future. Guy has the disappointment stigma attached to him but I see him as a much better tonie Douglas. A player like him would be interesting lined up with Harden. He's shooting 42% from 3 this year. I would like him as a free agent pick up to solidify our backcourt.

2. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

i always liked him but it's too early to talk about him especially when we gotta worry about bigger fish in the offseason.

3. Anxiety Trooper

Agreed. But honestly if Morey trades asik & Trob & picks for Dwight.

Signs Foye.... 3/15 mil

Foye/Lin/Bev
    Harden/Lin/foye
    Parsons/delfino
    DMo/Tjones/Royce
    DHo/Smith

Yes I realize Royce is the least likely to be on our roster next year.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So, forget defense, ball handling, anything like that. If a guy shoots 40% from 3, something which it should be noted he has really only done once, and is 29, you should throw the MLE at him.

Makes sense. If you're Carrol Dawson.

5. Anxiety Trooper

He's a pesky defender. Not great but not a liability either. With Harden you don't need a traditional PG. A J.J. Redick type is actually a better fit.

6. carayip

carayip Member

At least suggest someone better and not an ex-Jazz if you hate Lin, lol.

7. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Only like him when he's hitting his shots. Once he goes in a funk, he stays in a funk.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Watched him in college when he played with Lowry at Villanova. Not sure where they got that "Dwyane Wade-lite" projection about him heading into the draft. Never saw that kinda upside you'd see in even an Eric Gordon or Brad Beal. Thought he was top 20 pick maybe, not a high lottery pick. Certainly not better than Brandon Roy

(And I thought the Rockets "lucked" into Rudy Gay when Foye went off the draft board, and then we know the rest of that saga...)

Far as usefulness on the Rockets, Rockets seems to do well finding backup backcourt players for pennies on the dollar. I think Foye is a type that'd only be brought in on a lowball rate like Carlos Delfino

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He's a decent player, but there's no point. We have Beverley as a backup PG and if we need a backup wing we can just bring back Delfino.

Pass.

10. carayip

carayip Member

He's better than Beverley. But contract wise, Beverley is way way better. No way we give Foye a 3 years/18m contract as OP suggested.