1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Random Trade Thought] Tmac to Detroit...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jul 1, 2009.

1. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

The only way this will happen if someway or somehow they get a big man back. Detroit is looking for a big man. They probably gonna trade rip for big Z. both have expiring contract.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel the same way,and made the same point in the Z for Artest trade idea. It's much more difficult to move Tracy's huge contract. Rip has 4 years left on his contract,by the way.

3. Stilldream'n34

This is a great trade in the short run but Prince has 2yrs. left and Rip has 4yrs. left. I don't know that the Rockets want to be locked into Rip Hamilton for that long when he starts to decline in one year or two. I know times are tough right now but let's be patient and see what Morey does. I think we are rebuilding but we are not going to tank. Daryl Morey will phase out the Yao and T-Mac era and introduce a new era with young talent. (Rubio trade rumors) Even though this trade sounds great and would look great, I doubt the Rockets want big contracts in return. (Knicks trade rumors) Just my opinion!!

4. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Hamilton and Prince are players I'd love to see the Rockets go after, instead of waiting for the big free agent summer hoping to land one. Add those guys to the nucleus the Rockets have now and look out. That would take a lot of the sting out of losing Artest and the Rockets would be very, very good. They'd still have to address the center situation.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Forget it. We are rebuilding now... Let's really focus on a future and see if we can lure a kevin durant or chris paul from those declining economy teams for our future. Prince and Hamilton weren't exactly taking that pistons team very far since their two championship runs. If Yao was fully healthy this upcoming season it would be another story. The fact is it's another year and another injury. Time to move on....

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How dumb are some of you guys thinking Detroit would agree with this deal.
    You got two superb players in Tayshaun and Rip that actually contribute to
    the team, why would they trade them for t-mac, a player with questionable health ,bad fg% and a lack of defense. The only way you can psuh that deal is by threatening Detroit´s GM with a gun in his face.