1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random offseason thread question: was it just me or did Tmac always seem angry at...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

McGrady definitely got frustrated and "talked" to Scola and Deke a lot but I don't think he disliked either one of them. I think their inability to complete open shots at the hoop probably played a role in his frustration. I would imagine they all got along just fine off the court.

I doubt things ever got too heated because you can be sure Deke would have laid McGrady out if he had ever disrespected him.

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I know what you mean. Its like every game they played together, I see them fighting off eachother for a rebound.

3. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Awwww come on I think you put too much into this angry thing. How can anyone be mad at Deke.

The only way I can see McGrady being mad is if they done something wrong and thats it. He got at Scola a couple of times and look at how Scola has turned out so far.

4. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

You're seriously saying that Tracy McGrady is the reason why Scola has played well :rolleyes:

5. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Im going to say one players name and let you think about it

Chuck Hayes.

6. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Okaaaaaay......so what does the Chuckwagon have to do with Louis Scola?

7. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I was basically saying he made Chuck Hayes famous ( kind of ) McGrady makes guys better. Having McGrady on the floor takes pressure off of a lot of guys. Therefore Scola's job was a lot easier. If Scola messed up then McGrady would get mad. It was obvious.

I don't see nothing wrong with that. Its good that a player would get in another players face to let him know. That's what a leader does.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Fixed.

9. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

why are there no videos of tmac passing when he's angry :D

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Once again, I have lost faith in humanity. :D

11. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Get used to it. It would not end here. Annoying. :( :D

12. DJ

DJ Member

I have noticed the same thing to. I remember in a 2005 game T-Mac threw a couple of passes to Deke and Deke did not react to the passes quick enough. Then, T-Mac got upset and had that pissed off look on his face. Later, in the game when they were on the bench (it was a blowout in the Rockets favor), Deke was talking to T-Mac and he still had that serious look on his face. I guess when you're competiting, the intensity level is so high that you'll seem upset at times at your teammates.

13. chosans

chosans Member

I thought they were good friends. I can recall a couple instances when they were laughing it up on the bench during blowouts, etc.

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Was it just me or did Adelman always seem angry at Von Wafer? :D

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he wasn't pissed he was just on his period