1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random NBA Trade Ideas (2011-2012)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mrjohn, Jan 17, 2012.

1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Similar to the one for the Rockets. Post non-Rocket trade ideas.

(Didn't see a thread like this for the rest of the league) (Didn't look that hard)

2. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

After watching the wizards-rockets game, and hearing so much about the knuckleheads on that time...Who would take Blatche?

It always seemed he lit up the Celtics. And the Celtics have the vets like KG and Pierce that get through to him...so:

Jermaine O'Neal, Brandon Bass, and 2nd Round Pick for Andray Blatche and Nick Young.

3. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Explanation:
    Celtics - Off to a slow start, they are at a fork in the road. Rebuild (lots of cap space coming up) or keep going? They took the hedge move when they traded Perkins as they acquired Green and a first rounder. This could be another hedge move. Nick Young will be an FA after this year and fills that 6th man role for them perfectly. His addition could keep Allen and Pierce's minutes down close to 30mpg. A SG/SF rotation of Allen, Pierce, Young, Pietrus would be top 3-5ish in league.

The Big 3 is getting old and needs help scoring. Andray Blatche could provide that. They've been asking KG to pick it up but it's not really in his nature. With this move he can give you 15 while focusing on D (KG).

If anyone can help Blatche, it's the Celtics. This trade would increase their offensive firepower. They lose a defensive big in O'Neal but they could easily waive Pavlovic and sign a big like Joel-P., K-Mart, K-Fez, Damp.

This trade would boost them back up to the 3rd best in East this year while potentially adding some pieces for the post-big3-life.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If it doesn't involve the Rockets, I don't care enough to make up trades.

5. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

For Wizards:

I'm sure O'Neal will initially be unhappy with trade. But with O'Neal, Mason, Evans, and Lewis, the team has a group of vets that can help transform the Wiz. And I think the only knucklehead left on team is McGee - who you can't / shouldn't trade. I felt bad for Wall as I watched the game against the Rockets. They need to start winning games or they will stunt the growth of their youth.

Shedding the Blatche contract and presence would be a big positive. And the Wiz don't want to pay Young so it's not much of a loss for them.

Win, Win for both sides.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wizards want to tank for more picks. I dunno what O'neal, Evans and Mason would do for them. IMHO Wizards should think about doing a Blatche and Mcgee for Cousins trade. With their team really bad, they are on lock to get Davis, a PF. Cousins would be happy to get out of Sacto, and play with a real pg like Wall. Sacto will get two young (albeit knuckleheaded) Studs to play around with. They have Chuck Hayes to set Mcgee and Blatche straight.

7. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

That's not a bad deal too. For kings, I think they'll stick with cousins for at least the rest of this year (considering they chose him over the coach). I value rim-protecting bigs, especially ones with quickness. If I were Wiz, I'd try to keep McGee and bring in vets.

For my trade, they would do it to get out of Blatche contract. And they could establish some positive momentum for next season. They have Booker and Vesley as well. Nba players love Obama. If wiz show some hope like Clips last year and wolves this year, they could start landing some talent soon.

8. SPF35

SPF35 Member

knicks first rounders, iman shupert, landry fields for steve Nash and Grant hill. The suns can't compete, let nash and hill free to contend. THe knicks need to win now, so they give the suns their youth inexchange for a real guy to run the team and a perfect compliment to carmelo amare and tyson

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

That doesn't come close to working under the cap.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Their defense would get even more ****ty than it is now and it didn't work with chauncey either. Their team is built in the wrong way from start to scratch.

11. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I think the Suns held onto these 2 for too long. I doubt they would get enough back to justify trading Nash - the face of the franchise.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

ROFL. I'd love to see Garnett and Blatche both on the same team on the floor together. Talk about kicking someone's butt. You can't get a tech for knocking out your own player.....and Garnett's got enough you know what to do just that. Would love to see it.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Only hypothetical ...

1. Nick Young (Washington Wizards) to (San Antonio Spurs) for James Anderson and two-2nd Round (2012 and 2013 pick).

2. Monta Ellis (Golden State Warriors) to (Denver Nuggets) for Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez, Chris Andersen, and two 1st Round Picks (unprotected, 2012-2013)

3. Javale McGee (Washington Wizards) to (Atlanta Hawks) for Zaza Pachulia, Marvin Williams, and 1st Round Draft pick (unprotected). The Wizards would have two picks in the first 17 - 20 something picks. For the Hawks, they can use Josh Smith or Al Horford in the off season for trade bait.

4. Jose Calderon (Toronto Raptors) to (Utah Jazz) for Devin Harris, CJ Miles, and 1st Round Draft pick (2012), only top 5 protected.

5. Andray Blatche (Washington Wizards) to (Boston Celtics) for Chris Wilcox, Brandon Bass, and 2nd Round (Draft pick).

6. Derrick Williams (Minnesota Timberwolves) and Luke Ridnour to (Los Angeles Lakers) for Josh McRoberts, Steve Blake, Devin Ebanks, and two 1st Round picks (2012 and 2013) with their annual gift trade.

7. Anthony Randolph (Minnesota Timberwolves) to (Houston Rockets) for Jeff Adrien and 2nd Round Draft Pick (2013).

8. Hassan Whiteside (Sacramento Kings) to (San Antonio Spurs) for Matt Bonner and a future 2nd Round pick.

- So now, Flip doesn't have to worry about any more dunks off the back boards from McGee.

1 person likes this.
  14. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I like #2 and #7 most.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

We probably could get Anthony Randolph for very little, right now, but at the same time, there are a couple of players in the draft that remind me of him.

That roster Kahn is a horrible roster manager, if he was serious about putting a decent team together he would trade some of these forwards for some depth or another quality wing.

Randolph is stuck behind Love, so is Williams who is combo guard, while they also have Johnson and Beasley.

Moreover, since Mr. Kahn thinks the draft is rigged, maybe he shouldn't get any picks in top 10, leave it for teams like Houston to have, as the Rockets actually make good use out of top 5 to 10 picks over consecutive seasons.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Flip Hill for Randolph. However, I would almost bet Adelman says, "H... No!"

17. Roxs-Redemption

Just go to this website, there are heaps of random ones...

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Blatche for Nocioni. Blatche for Vilanueva. Blatche for Carrol and Diop. They have to look at taking the worst players and contracts.

19. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Pierce, Bass, Bradley (all multi-year contracts) for Gay (future with rondo), Mayo (expiring, but nice 6th man scorer and possible Ray Allen replacement for future), and Speights (expiring, bigger contract coming).

Grizz would be true contenders for next 2yrs. Pierce, Z-Bo, Gasol. Bass fills Arthur's role nicely. And would be on a nice contract for next year too. Gets out of Gay's max while maintaining or enhancing current chances.

Celtics would have a core for future with Rondo, Mayo, and Gay. Mayo could learn for Ray and be signed to a reasonable, long-term deal. Celtics would be 3rd best in East this year with Rondo, Allen, Gay, KG, O'Neal, Mayo, Pietrus, Speights - 8 man rotation. Would have enough youth and firepower to perhaps upset favored Bulls or Heat now while rebuilding on the fly.

20. ashiin

ashiin Member

I would love to see somebody draw up a trade for the Clippers. They lack a lot in defense and the front court so who can they go for?