1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

OUT: Corey Brewer and Tyler Anus
    IN: Expired half eaten Dorritos and Used Condom

Works on the ESPN trade machine.

Hollinger's Analysis: +6 Wins
    With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 6

Tha_Dude, ROXTXIA and Jatman20 like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'd make this deal all day long if Denver was willing

baller4life315 likes this.
  3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Get us in on a lil Stauskas action and I'd love it.

Jatman20 likes this.
  4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

In post #1493 of this thread I asked the question about Brewer vs the elite (subtract from entire field).
    Elite is what I will call the current Western Conf playoff teams & Cavs/Raps in the East.
    Western Conference Standings (01/24/17): GSW/Spurs/.../Clips/Jazz/OKC/Grizz/Denver.
    per basketball-reference.com (Brewer +/-)
    11/01 Cavs -17
    11/09 Spurs +6
    11/12 Spurs -9
    11/16 OKC + 1
    11/19 Jazz +14
    11/23 Raps -3
    11/29 Jazz +2
    12/01 GSW +11
    12/02 Den +8
    12/09 OKC -1
    12/20 Spurs -5
    12/23 Grizz -7
    12/30 *LAC +28* (140-116 Rockets win....Clippers injuries)
    01/05 OKC +2
    01/08 Raps +9
    01/13 Grizz -8
    01/20 GSW -7
    01/21 **Grizz +25**
    Comes out to: +49 (Note 2 games were blowouts in which Brewer was off the charts)

*12/30/16 (Clips) Rockets win 140-116..................**01/21/17 (Grizz) Rockets win 119-95.........

Starters.....Ariza +13....................................................................Ariza +24......................................
    ...............Harden -1...................................................................Harden +21.....................................
    ....................Bev +7..........................................................................Bev +1.....................................
    ..................Ryno -1......................................................................Dekker +2 (30 pts & only +2).......
    .................Nene -12......................................................................Harrell -4.....................................
    EGo +41........................................................................................................EGo +23......................
    Harrell +38...................................................................................................Nene +26......................
    Brewer +28................................................................................................Brewer +25......................
    Dekker +15 (the backups kicked tail in this game)

Up to each person to interpret keeping Brewer vs Replacement.

#1504 Jatman20, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Get Lou Williams. Instant offense off the bench along with Gordon. He is probably one of the best players you can trade for right now that is available without giving up too much to get him and he fits the system.

TMackin713 likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Never been a fan, but i'm warming up to the idea.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What will it take to get him? I don't want to give up Trez, Dekker, or Capela for him. I think at least one of these guys will be needed to acquire him. Capela has been mentioned by you, but I wonder if there could be another way here.

8. vator

Me neither, but it would be like having two Eric Gordon level offensive players coming off the bench. I think it would make us super dangerous having another guy that can get his own shot and light it up when hot.

9. vator

I wouldn't trade any of those guys for him either. Laker fans on other forums want a 1st round pick for him. KJ, Ennis and a our 2017 1st round pick works in the trade machine. Brewer and a pick. I don't know. Something along those lines. Not sure what Brewer's value is though. Doing it with Brewer might mean we'd have to include our 2nd rounder too. I'm just speculating like everybody else here, but I just feel like we need to add another piece and if that means giving up our 1st round pick, I'm ok with that. Teams like Cleveland use their 1st round picks to load up for playoff runs and I think we need to start following suit. All this waiting until next year stuff needs to stop.

BigMaloe and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Brewer and a 2nd round pick won't cut it. A first round pick might get the job done.

DonKnock, Tha_Dude and BigMaloe like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't see the Rockets willing to move a 1st rounder for Lou Williams. They might move a 2nd and KJ, but I don't see the Rockets moving their 1st round pick unless it is for a young core talent (e.g. Nurkic).

I am sure the Lakers will be shopping Williams and Young to get them off the roster. Walton won't tank them, but if they are lacking good players, they won't win games and have a better chance at staying in the Top 3 of the draft and keeping their pick.

So, Williams and Young might be "more" available now (cheaper assets) than in previous times as their is an incentive to get them off the roster.

12. craguin

craguin Member

Re: Lou Williams - Nate Duncan asked Danny Leroux on last Sunday night's podcast ... ← [skip to time index 29:30]
    one late 1st round or two early 2nd round picks (+ salary filler) for Williams

#1512 craguin, Jan 24, 2017
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah something like this would be OK with me. Dump brewer and get a player out of the deal. Would do that same trade for swagging p and bogdanovic from bkn

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Gabe York can provide same kind of offensive production as Lou Williams. And he is practically free (only need to sign from D-League, no picks necessary). York is also much younger, better distributor and better 3pt shooter (averaged 40% on 3pt shooting last 3 years in AZ).

#1514 D-rock, Jan 24, 2017
  15. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

if you are looking to Dump brewer you HAVE to add a pick, or one of Harrell or Dekker to get a deal done.

16. carib

carib Member

I like the idea of going after Richaun Holmes and Tim Frazier or Gabe York. These young guys show potential and are hungry and can help.
    Holmes with his shot blocking and Frazier with his PG skills or York with his 3pt shooting. It would not require major disruptions to the current team I would think to get these guys and you would be building for down the road and hopefully not use much cap room. That's my two cents.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Or possibly acquire wing & bury Brewer on the bench next to Bobby Brown

D-rock likes this.
  18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Nice work. Just curious though, what's the scouting report look like for Used Condom?

ramotadab, BigMaloe and Jatman20 like this.
  19. vator

I meant a 2nd in addition to the 1st. Keep in mind, this gets rid of Brewer too.

20. vator

Just curious you do realize that Lou Williams is averaging more points per game than Eric Gordon in 6 less minutes right? Lou Will can ball and he has proven that he can do it on this level...not the D league and college. We've seen what adding an offensive force like Gordon to this team can do. Imagine another one just as potent if not even more so. This guy is out there and can be had. We need to put in a bid.

DonKnock, ramotadab and BigMaloe like this.