1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm all for noel for the fact that having 48minutes of capela/noel is very good. Lots of fast paced PnR and alley oops without sacrificing eithers conditioning concerns. Noel is the better defender tho and would eventually ein the start spot but that still leaves about 20mpg for capela. Let's Nene be the insurance player he is instead of rotation player.

2. CertifiedTroll

I have hated on Noel a lot on this website. If the proposed trade is available you pull the trigger as fast as possible and get it done. However, you under no circumstances trade away Capela for SF help. Even if Noel gets healthy you will always want a good backup behind him, because of his injury history.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  3. CertifiedTroll

For reference I only want Noel if it costs Ennis and a future first. He has potential to be a serviceable defender if healthy, and we are dog **** at drafting in the first round. I would not want to trade anything of serious value for Noel, since I think he is a huge risk with such a small expected value.

4. Ryris

Ryris Member

Hawks game made me think we need Noel or someone for rebounding and defense purposes. Elite rebounding.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Tyson Chandler was absent from shoot around and the game yesterday. It's happening? :p

6. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

He was out for personal reasonso_O but, i would trade for him. We need him for rebounding and defense. Maybe Brewer+Ennis and draft pick for him??

7. craguin

craguin Member

He was out for "personal reasons" from October 5th through October 10th also.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, he doesn't seem to be in their long-term plans anyway. So "take a game or two off", whether or not there are any actual "personal reasons", seems like not such a big deal.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

From the Lowe article, it sounds like we can expect minor upgrades. Morey said in the article," We're outgunned".

I think we need a big, Kostas Koufus is a realistic option, and he's only 27. His contract is about 8.5M a year.

Corey Brewer for Kostas makes sense to me.

I would really love Taj Gibson for Brewer, but I would think we would have to sweeten the pot.

10. malakas

malakas Member

If it cost an expiring scrub without bird rights and a projected first in the 20s+ then Noel would have already be traded ages ago.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Trashquez was just cut. From the looks of it he will be out for a while after he gets his ankle surgery. If he gets healthy soon tho he would be a nice pickup (compared to the rest of pgs available).

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

True dat. Although, of course, Noel's latest injury and rehab pushed back whatever trade may be out there.

Yeah, I'm afraid our wood shavings and lint isn't going to get us Nerlens Noel. In any case, if we acquired him, fine, but we probably need a big with a little more sand in his pants.

13. craguin

craguin Member

Tyson Chandler lost his mother (link to his statement).

[Arizona Sports - 11/10/2016] Suns’ Watson: Tyson Chandler refused ‘opportunities to get traded elsewhere’
    “Tyson had opportunities to get traded elsewhere this summer,” Watson said. “I flew into L.A., I wanted to sit with him and he just wanted to talk to me." [...]

"when we got done with the meeting, his words were clear and simple. He was like, ‘Man, I love you. I love the vision. I love the young guys. I don’t want to go anywhere.’ And he’s come out and he’s damn sure played like he doesn’t want to be anywhere (else).”

-----

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I like the Rockets starting 5. Harden is having an MVP start, Anderson is the knock down shooter the Rockets needed, Capela has shattered all expectations, Ariza continues to be the solid glue guy & while not having the shooting at least for now, Brewers D has really helped improve the Rockets overall.

The bench remains one of the best in the league, which has been a Morey mainstay. Beverley, Gordon, KJ, Dekker, Harrell & Nene can compete with lots of starting units.

I see two small but neccesary needs to fill:

1) Lock down veteran wing defender who preferably can knock down open shots on the wing. Upgrade of Brewer too the starting 5, pushing him back too a bench role.

2) Another big too spell Capela and keep Nene healthy for the playoffs. Onuaku & Wiltjer are not ready but could develop into something in a year or two. Signing DMo could be an answer. I don't think it takes much too find via trade.

I think Morey would first and foremost like too move Brewer but he's not going to get the same level of player in return as he would with KJ. Adding a G/F makes either guy expendable.

Ennis, Brown would be perfect scenarios. One of Harrell/Onuaku/Wiltjer might have to sweeten a deal, though I'd keep all 3 in favor of letting picks go.

15. malakas

malakas Member

He sure changed his tune since last season. Maybe when the cancers of the team were traded, it changed his mind.

craguin likes this.
  16. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

What would it take to get DeMarcus Cousins? Capela, Dekker, Harrell, and a 1st? Would have to throw in Brewer and Ennis to match salaries.

Cousins will leave the Kings for sure, and so will Rudy Gay - getting Capela and Dekker would be a good start for rebuilding.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

how about he blocks a couple shots first? then we can talk about trading for cousins.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Something like :One blue chip prospect two firsts at least and a good role player. So we dont' have the assets. Others team do.

19. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I a article on fansided saying rudy gay to houston is perfect saying that we should trade ariza and brewer for h because they would fit jager defender and when p bev come back that we would have one of the best starting lineups in the leauge with harden bev gay ryan anderson and capela idk how I feel about this are we overvaluing ariza or is that just me

20. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

omg my writing ia bad