1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

What do you guys think of adding waiters if Miami is having a true fire sale... Could potentially see if Mia and Philly would like to trade scraps, give us Noel and Waiters receive picks, scraps and potentials to help us upgrade..

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hj68c8y

HOU out: McDaniels, Brewer
    HOU in: Thabo, Koufos, Kris Humphries

ATL Out: Mike Scott, Hardaway jr, Thabo, Humphries
    ATL in: Gay, KJ

SAC Out: Koufos, Gay
    SAC in: Hardaway jr, Brewer, Mike Scott

Here's something along the lines of what I can see us doing at the deadline- helping facilitate a trade in exchange for some pieces to fortify the bench. We get a decent backup center to give Nene rest and throw at guys in the West, who's on a pretty tradeable contract (three years, $8 M). While Koufos has a year longer than Brewer, his salary is roughly the same, and is probably easier to clear in the offseason, especially if he proves to be a valuable contributor. Thabo would take Brewer/KJ's minutes. Humphries is salary matching and is on an expiring.

The Kings get some value for Gay in the form of Hardaway Jr. In addition, they reduce some of their frontcourt glut by getting out of Koufos' contract. The other two are for salary matching. They'd probably receive a pick, but I'm not sure who would provide it in this case.

Atlanta gets to shake things up with Gay, who would also serve as a potential replacement for Millsap when he is eventually traded or leaves in free agency. A Howard-Millsap-Gay-Bazemore "big" lineup might also be intriguing.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'd like him but he seems to have an attitude problem

4. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Noel has an attitude problem because Brent Brown treats him like trash. He literally told Noel he would not play despite being able too. The only reason Noel is playing now is because of how how beat up the sixers are now. I think they suited up 9 guys the other night. Which of only 7 played. Phi has nothing to lose because noel is gone as a free agent. Might as well trade him to us and trade them what they want. Draft picks.

D-rock and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade KJ to Miami for James Johnson

jch1911 and RocketsTerps like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Okafor is a ball dominant 5 that requires post touches to really flourish. Okafor is also not the best at running PNR or providing rim protection. Even more than Howard, not a good fit for MDA system.

Jatman20 likes this.
  7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Tim Frazier.

Deuce, raining threes and Vivi like this.
  8. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

Who forgot that lance stephenson even existed? Vet min contract. Low risk high reward..

D-rock likes this.
  9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

these brewer jokes are killing me lolol

10. Garner

Garner Member

I think its actually a pretty high risk. One of the best things about this team is that they buy into each other as teammates and they all buy into D'Antoni.

You're asking Lance to come in and do two things he's never done consistently in his career despite what his production may be on the floor.

11. mario elie

mario elie Member

With Dallas in the cellar, I wonder if we could get DWill on the cheap.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

A large part of me just wants to stand pat. Only ones I would part with are: Brewer, KJ, Ennis, or Brown (pretty much the guys that don't play). But who to get for that? Korver would have been cool just as yet another sharp shooter, but where are we weak? Defense? Trez has stepped up, Nene plays great D, and Capela is gonna be good when he gets back.

So... Ariza backup? I feel like Nene, Trez, and Anderson have the 4-5 down. Especially when Capela gets back. Bev, Harden, Gordon have the 1-2 locked down (although with Bev getting injured maybe we need someone there?) Other than that, someone to platoon 3-4 with Ariza, Anderson, Dekker? I have been following the season closely, but not so much the GARM. So I just don't know where everyone thinks we need improvement other than a 3-D guy behind ariza/bev/anderson

#1032 houstonstime, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dion Waiters? God no.

A terrible scorer that gets points because he takes shots to the detriment of his team. The guy that Popovich called a superstar in order to goad him into shooting more? The guy that has a worse overall shooting percentage than COREY BREWER?

Embrace the clutch and Jatman20 like this.
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Please no. He's a shell of a shell of his former self, plus we already have Bev and EGo.

vtjsr2 and Vivi like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hoopshype (forgot the source they used, too lazy to check) mentioned the potential Miami firesale. Even Hassan Whiteside. I don't know if Miami wants to blow it up, but if Whiteside becomes available, Morey would at least have to look into it. I don't know if Whiteside would be the right fit or if his presence would usher in another unhappy center situation (or worse: D'Antoni is allergic to traditional centers). Besides, Boston might jump in with its bag of goodies.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only player on the Heat I really like is Tyler Johnson, but not at that contract.

Embrace the clutch and Jatman20 like this.
  17. mario elie

mario elie Member

That's how little I think of Bobby Brown and Ennis.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Pretty much agree with this. 3 spots to improve. The first two, back up small guard and back up big man, only as insurance for injuries come playoff time. When Capela is hurt we lack a 7-footer. When Bev or if Gordon are hurt we ruin our guard rotation.

The last spot would be another player off the bench to back up Ariza. An upgrade over Sam, but if not Dekker will do.

Jatman20 and BigggReddd like this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Toronto receives millsap/ hardaway jr/ por2nd(via Houston)

Houston receives ross/ muscala

Atlanta receives ppat/ brewer/ wright/ tor1st/ lac1st(via Toronto) / hou1st

For Toronto: goes all in moving 2 firsts for millsap. They are late picks anyways and gain a 2nd from Houston in exchange and a somewhat replacement for losing Ross. Millsap is huge upgrade over ppat tho.

For Atlanta: cashes in on the firesale landing 3 more 1st rd picks while swallowing a bad contract and losing some decent players. Full on rebuild acquiring 4 future 1st rd picks during the trade season.

For Houston: we dump brewer, gain a very solid backup wing in Ross on a very reasonable contract, and a very cheap backup big who can stretch the floor from the 5 spot. Brown gets cut again. We still have Denver's 2nd.

JamalP. likes this.
  20. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I see Boston wanting Dragic to replace Bradley if they trade for Cousins prior

raining threes likes this.