1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

That would be a best case scenario for us. Let me ask u this, do u think that Tobias, #12, Sam, future picks, and possibly Clint could get us in the conversation for acquiring Paul George via trade? His value can't be too high right now.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I don't think Clint holds value to them with Turner. Also I think he is important to us and our team.

But I surely think his value is low enough that acquiring him with our lack of flashy assets is possible.

#12, Dekker, future 1st, filler(tobias?) might be about all they could hope for on a one year rental with extreme signs of PG going to LA.

What's that market? Has to be a team close enough to compete. Has to be a team willing to risk (serious risk) losing all assets for a player likely to walk. Have to be confident or hopeful to convince George to resign.

Teams I consider to fit that criteria.

Houston - morey I think is most likely to assume this risk.
    Boston - have the flexibility with asset power to attempt risk without really hurting the future. Ainge seems more cautious and patient tho and I don't think they do it.
    Clippers - would probably love the ability to risk it but have absolute nothing to get it done.
    Lakers - just to secure any risk he doesn't come in free agency, but why risk the assets when you could wait and add him?

Not much out there in terms of competitive bidding possibility, albeit it only takes2 suitors to commit a bidding war; in which we don't have the firepower to keep up.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree with u on Clint.

I do think that package would give us a decent shot of acquiring him if LA decides not to trade for him and wait for free agency, and it could be more appealing than what Boston is offering unless they give up that 2018 BK pick since they're not offering up Fultz.

Philly could be a darkhorse if they manage to acquire Lowry in FA and want to start winning now. They have the #5 pick and the Lakers 2018 pick. Colangelo might take that risk.

If I'm Morey, I'm doing all that I can to trade for PG now that his value is low.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets have traded your MOM for

Bag of Chips, one ticket to the astros game, and hot chick of your choice, she must be hot keep in mind :))))

5. fattz

fattz Member

I do think the pistons are a good trade partner because Ryan Anderson is the perfect fit and Lou is a good fit for them, too vs thier 12th pick and their abundance of bigs are what we need. The sleeper in the mix Marjsnovic --> fills our needs and is on a cheap contract. He is a smart "system" player with size.

6. Cranberry_Juice

does Jordan Clarkson fill a need for this team? Lakers are looking to unload him.

7. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

They'll probably want to unload Deng or Mozgov with him w/28th pick. So nah.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

can he defend the best wing scorers ala ariza before this season?

10. Cranberry_Juice

To be honest you, I dont know. I know he can defend better than Lou.

Jatman20 likes this.
  11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if u can defend better than lou you can be the rockets wing lockdown defender? cant wait to see him show durant his next chapter.

12. BigMaloe

Detroit gets Ryan anderson

Brooklyn gets Tobias and #43

Indy gets #12(they choose player), hou '18 1st(top3 protection), hou '20 1st(top3 protection), Lou, Dekker, Harrell

To be finalized after the draft

Puts us at around 22m in cap space. Sign Ibaka to 4/year deal with all available cap space. Waive Isiah and Troy and Bobby whatever we have to to satisfy the $ amount required. Resign NeNe

Harden
    George
    Ariza
    Ibaka
    Capela

Bev/gordon/nene as our bench

"dreaming of how to get close to being able to beat golden state"

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@BigMaloe not a bad trade idea. Feels like Detroit needs more than Anderson for Tobias+#12. Nets just absorbing Tobias seems plausible. Rockets trade package isn't bad. If George was "on board" (I'll only re-sign with Houston so that is the best package you will get from other team with no assurances) then I can see that as plausible. Other teams could beat the Rockets trade package with "higher" 1sts, but if George forced the Pacers hand, that could even the playing field.

EDIT: in your lineup you would start Bev and bring Ariza off the bench. Would need Bev to defensively check point guards.

Embrace the clutch and BigMaloe like this.
  14. BigMaloe

Well my thinking is Brooklyn says sure we don't mind taking Tobias but we "don't have" to. So a 2nd is compensation. Indy I think won't have great trade competition. Sure most teams could easily beat our picks, but IDK who actually would take that risk. Even we are overpaying in the scenario above imo. As for bev, yeah I agree, but wrote it that way because bev is more natural off the bench than ariza

15. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Don't count on Ibaka

https://raptorsrapture.com/2017/05/20/report-raptors-serge-ibaka-agree-contract-extension/

But that should free up Tucker

16. WestendMassive

Not a trade but also not worth it's own thread, is Anthony Tolliver worth a look? Just waived by Sac, dude's a solid vet that can shoot the hell out of the ball and would really solidify the backup 3-4 spot

#3136 WestendMassive, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  17. BigMaloe

Don't take anything Steve Kyler says as factual.

At this point in the process, it's all spin by parties to try and gain an edge on the market.

Ex: "We will match any offer up to a max!"(Jerry Lin)

In Toronto's specific case. What happens if Lowry walks? You expect Ibaka to stay and/or Toronto to extend a big offer to him and stay mediocre?

Deuce likes this.
  18. basketballholic

Yes. They'll sign him and trade him later if they have to. I've heard the same as Kyler concerning Ibaka. Him and Ujiri have bonded was what I was told. Feel is pretty much done.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely this.

20. CallMeTheDream

Trade Ryan Anderson to Hawks for cash and a second. They'll need a replacement for Millsap. Rhyno is reunited with Howard and great fit. Dump Lou Williams for a second(or maybe land Covington).

Players to target in FA
    Serge Ibaka
    Patty Mills
    Dewayne Dedmon
    Taj Gibson
    Jamychal Green(maybe we can pry from Grizzlies)
    PJ Tucker
    Andre Igoudala
    CJ Miles
    Pat Patterson
    George Hill
    Willie Reed

With around $30 million in cap space my hope is we can land at least 2 MAYBE 3 of these guys.