1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He can start, it doesn't matter, he'd get starting minutes either way. The idea is he'd play every single minute that Harden is off the court so you want to stagger their minutes. But again it doesn't matter much because Harden plays the whole first quarter most of the time, so they could start Holiday, sit Holiday mid first and then bring him back in whenever Harden sits.

Holiday would be a great addition, very good defender, respectable 3 point shooter, can create his own offense, can get to the rim, and is a legit PG who creates for others of course.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Jrue is going to get a max or near max. Not interested in paying him that much with his injury history.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You think so? His max is going to be 32 mill per.

I personally see him getting something between 18-22 mill per. EG's only got 13.25 mill per due to his injuries, and it's not going to be a very PG hungry market either.

Holiday's another California guy, likely close with Harden/Ariza, and of course EG/Anderson ... even though I'm hoping Anderson will be gone this offseason, we still could theoretically just dump Lou and have enough cap to sign Holiday to a 4/80 mill deal.

4. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I think we definitely need to keep Capela and Nene (assuming he can come back), both run the PnR very well with Harden which works well when shots aren't falling. I think having a second guy next to Harden to create shots while he's not on the floor or not playing well is also necessary and EGo/LouW can somewhat fit this bill. The system runs on transition offense for open 3's or penetration and we already have several guys that can shoot 3's. With all that said if we get another player I think we should either (A) be adding players to help anchor Capela and the defense to get stops and/or (2) adding players that can drive to the hole and distribute.

Given all this IMO the best first move would be to move Anderson and try to bring in someone like Serge Ibaka. I think Ibaka would do well in MDA's system of 3 and D. If he could bring back some of his earlier defensive form from when he was in OKC then he and Capela would be a great pairing. Ibaka would be a clear upgrade over Anderson on defense, get Nene more rest and wouldn't give up much on the offensive side. Seems to me this is would be a great scenario.

Either we stand pat after the move above or continue dealing, and IMO the another move to make would be to take a gamble and get another star to pair with Harden that would fit the system. At this point, the only one likely to be available is Chris Paul. I may be crazy but I think I would take him. He plays D, runs the court well, shoots fairly well so overall I think he would fit well in MDA's system only question would be whether he and Harden could coexist but I think if the Warriors can make it happen why can't we. CP3 could provide rest for Harden and we can play with whoever has the hot hand that night. We could either move Anderson to make room for him (assuming our first move above didn't pan out) or use cap space and move one of Ariza, EGo, Lou or Beverley (naturally I would say Beverley as they play the same position, but he doesn't free up that much salary). Not sure what kind of salary CP3 will get or if he would be in the conversation....

5. malakas

malakas Member

oh lol I forgot how big is the max. I was thinking he can make 25 per. And the one who should be more eager to give it to him should be the Pelicans.

The Knicks, Pelicans, Kings, Raptors , Jazz and Clippers could be after a pg this year.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I believe you are on the right track position wise .... Just not that particular player. Don't think he's going to fit well in the high pick and roll offense , just not mobile enough.

You are looking for someone very similar to Capela and or Nene , while they do it in different ways , they both finish that high pick and roll at a very high rate.

Quite a few cheaper options that are a better fit ....

Boston has three centers and Olynyk is an RFA. I think he might fit the Nene role.

Splitter while not a traditional center might fit in.

Mason Plumlee RFA Not sure there's room for him in Denver.

GSW cant pay everyone ... Pachulia & McGee are both FA's. McGee definitely could play the role physically , just wonder when the wheels come off mentally.

PHX - Alex Lin is a RFA. I'd much rather have him that Chandler ....

I'd also be looking at what's available in the 2nd round of the draft .... Any Capela clones ?!

Probably a handful of others , that was just off the top ....

fattz likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 will be commanding the absolute max and won't be giving any discounts, so if u want him be prepared to offer him a contract starting at 35 mil/yr.

CP3 and Harden is a highly questionable fit. CP3 has the ball in his hands at all times since he is the best pure PG in the NBA. Harden needs the ball to be effective, and only a guy like Westbrook has a higher usage rate than he does. The Warriors situation does not apply because their big 4 can all play without the ball, and do it effectively.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Honestly, the bolder makes me feel like you have no clue what your talking about. He's a fantastic PnR player.

Look at his advances numbers some time. People sleeping and undervaluing him the days because he's older.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

JJ Redick is leaving Clippers via FA according to BleacherReport.

Think Morey will pick him up? Lights out 3pt shooter that plays average defense. Good at getting open off the ball.

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

He wants 20 million. Clippers unwilling to pay that, but someone will. We have enough scorers, so nah.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Great PnR player when he was younger but he doesn't get around like he use to. This is a big man in his mid 30's who's had chronic back and foot problems .... and you want him to suck up $13m in cap space.

He's NOT going to get up & down the court like Capela or even Nene and he's not going to finish at the rim when the pick is set at the 3pnt line , the mobility just isn't there.

2011-2012 Chandler is a no brainer .... 2017 not so much and damn sure not at $13m when you can just bring back Nene for a whole lot less and exceed the cap in doing so.

I'd kick the tires .... but not if the reports of $20m are true. $9-$10m , sure and replace Lou Williams ....

12. Mr.Pinoyboy

Mr.Pinoyboy Member

Can we pull the plug on JH. In return, get RW0.

JH to lakers
    RW to rockets
    picks and youngs to thunder

13. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

GTFO you disloyal clueless fan. Trade anderson,ariza,,lou and drfat picks and get what you can...add capela if you can get PG

Sooty likes this.
  14. Mr.Pinoyboy

Mr.Pinoyboy Member

I'm being disloyal loyal? How so? I Been saying this since day one about JH. But Let me know when JH takes us to the promise land.

And tbh, he wasn't the reason why the rockets won that series against the clippers 2 years back.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trade Harden, rebuild around Bobby Brown.

It's our only hope.

Chanmarr likes this.
  16. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets need to jettison Anderson, Gordon, & Williams. Morey's always signing these players who are long in the tooth. They were good role players seasons ago...

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson for Jonathan Simmons and Dejounte Murray

18. fattz

fattz Member

Coach want play them. Only the 7 man rotation. It helps with the player's stat lines. Side note coach is going to cut Harden's career by 5 years because of the way he uses him.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

only two guys should be traded, ryan and harden. they can net in major talent. retool, dont rebuild. no one's ****in with gsw or cavs for a long time. everyonewho isnt tanking should just make the best team they can.

20. threepointshot3

Harden is on the clock one more year of this mess I say we boot his ass out of Htown. First thing we need to do is look to trade Lou Williams in a packiage with Ariza or Anderson because Lou's bargin contract. We can get a pretty good player in a Ariza/Lou Williams packiage.