1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Bledsoe is worth more than Dmo. Because he's locked up for MUCH cheaper than Dmo will be.

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

DMo isn't getting max. Unless he puts up 17/8/4 next season I don't see how. He will definitely get near the max. But DMo is hidden on this team. Unlike parsons he's very closed off from media reports. I don't see a way he gets Max. And 2 million or so isn't MUCH less.

3. do work son

do work son Member

why would we give up 2 future first rounders for a guy who might end up going to jail? his value is so much lower with the 2nd DUI, you don't need to give up that much.

fwiw, we gave up 2 firsts and a first round pick (lamb) to trade for harden. if that's any indication in how morey values players, no way he gives up 2 firsts and dekker for lawson.

why would the suns give us bledsoe for our scrap parts. if we don't want them...why would phoenix?

He's worth more because he's better than DMo. DMo isn't getting 10 million in free agency.

4. malakas

malakas Member

His max will be 20 million dollars. Reggie got the max this year. Reggie Jackson. A pg who can't shoot who was a bad lockroom character in OKC, and is one of the worst starters PG in the east.
    In a year when very few had capspace. Next year when everyone will have capspace and they must spend it to reach the sallary floor, and with such an underwhelming free agent class good luck.
    And the gms and scouts don't need someone to be on media reports to know his value. They know what they see and DMO definitely gets a LOT of playing time.
    The only question of course is his health.

But let's not derail this thread.
    It is my opinion that Bledsoe locked up in a cheap contract for multiple years is much more valuable than Dmo (and Jones) who will need to get paid soon.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

In 2016-2017 Bledsoe will make $14M. Let's say DMo hypothetically gets the Enes Kanter deal (4 years, 70M). That breaks down to $17.5M per year. The difference is 3.5 million dollars. When it comes to the cap that year, 3.5 is nothing. Even right now there are players on many teams that don't play at all making more than that difference. The only reason why Bledsoe would be worth more than DMo is that hes a better player. or possibly because Bledsoe isn't coming off of Back Surgery. Possibly DMo could get max (Wesley Matthews got big money after an Achilles injury) but unless DMo absolutely shines next year, he probably won't. He'll probably get close though. I don't see him getting a big contribution to the team at the beginning of the year. He's gonna start off slow. And this is coming from one of his biggest fans. His injury is a hard one to come back to full form from.

6. malakas

malakas Member

we DEFINITELY won't be giving up 2 firsts for Lawson. They couldn't get two firsts even before the second DUI.

AND LOL at dmo not getting 10 per. :grin:

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Reggie Jackson is a point guard who is insurance for Brandon Jennings who is coming off an Achilles injury. Reggie Jackson was also the only good point guard on the market this year not named Rajon Rondo. Detroit is my east team. Of course I am not thrilled about Jackson being signed. But he was the only insurance available without gutting the team via trade. Also Power Forward is a very deep position in the NBA and nearly EVERY team is settled at that position. Even the Lakers. Morey will probably scoop him up early with a 4yr/60-70M deal to start the offseason next year. If he's still here that is.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Yes a lot will depend on his injury. If he *knock on wood* doens't come back the same or comes back after the ASW for some reason, it will lower his price.
    But DMO>>>Enes Kanter ;)
    I have been fighting about this in this forum ever since I signed up. It took this year for people to realise the consequences of the cap rise in contracts. But it will get even worse.
    From now on you can't look at numbers for contracts. Look at the % of the cap. And that % will go lower the year after DMO's contract is signed.
    The fact that almost noone took the 1+1 to reenter fa next year makes it even more predictable.
    Anyway let's not derail this thread any further.

What I'm saying is Bledsoe at 14 per >> DMO at max or near max of 20 mil.

9. do work son

do work son Member

DMo will be way closer to 10 million than a 20 million max.

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

The only reason why Bledsoe beats out DMo is because Bledsoe is BETTER than DMo. Also we can go over the cap to resign DMo next year because he's restricted. Even if we do go for Durant, and hypothetically get him, and resign Howard, and we hit the cap, we can still go over to resign DMo. Currently, DMo isn't making 20 million. You're projecting him to. Also who cares if he's better than Kanter? If you haven't noticed, players are getting money when they don't deserve it and players that deserve more money, are settling. I'd love for DMo to make 20M per (as a DMo fan), but he's probably gonna get 15-18. And if you want to compare contracts between him and Bledsoe to determine their value, 1-4 million will not make a difference at the end of the day.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Nope.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

This. The most I see him making is the Kanter deal. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he got 3yr/45M like Parsons. He's hidden on this team as a 4th option and based on how deep our bench was last year, he played as a 6th or 7th option some games. If someone thinks DMo will make 20 per, be prepared for Jones to make the same.

13. malakas

malakas Member

DMO is a starter in a contender. How is that hidden? He's not even in a bad team and he's not burried in the bench.
    The Kanter deal was for someone with the worst defence in history of the NBA at center position. And he got that much.

You as a Pistons fan saw how much Monroe got. Monroe plays way worse defence than DMO, was in a way worse team and still got his max money. Plus he can't play pf as well as DMO can and his rebouding stats were quite frankly burried under the monster rebounder.

I know we can go over the cap to sign him. The point is only comparison of value in contracts.
    When a team will trade for let's say DMO it will trade to PAY him sweet max or near max money. That lowers his value a lot. Whereas if he was already locked up in a good contract like Bledsoe's or had 2 more years of rookie contract his value would be much higher. Plus the team trading for him, if it doesn't happen now won't have enough time to evaluate him properly how it fits on their system which is a quite a big risk.

And yes. I'm fully prepare to see Jones get paid sweet money as well. but not as much as DMO because he is not a combo forward and plays worse defence and has way lesser skills.
    Amir Johnson got paid 12 per and he has no knees. Middleton was hidden most of the year and got paid near max, and teams were angry they couldn't get to talk to him to pay him max. Tobias Harris who is a blackhole and bad defender who Orlando didn't even want in the first place got paid near max.

That doesn't mean that DMO wont' be tradeable after. It's only in a trade environment the situation and contract of a player how much is worth.
    With DMO a team won't get a star player. That's why the rfa and the wild cap rise that will make everyone spend left and right lowers his value right now. And of course his injury. But let's hope he recovers well.

1 person likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

I meant to say Jones is not a combo big not combo forward.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Excluding injury or a serious regression; Motie is going to get paid a lot of money.... and honestly he deserves it. He has shed the last and entitled label he had when we drafted him. He has worked very hard and improved nearly every season.

I don't think he is a starter on an elite team and I don't think the Rockets will resign him. However someone will make a very generous but deserving offer north of 13-14 million a year.

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Regardless, the deals this summer were in preparation of next years cap rise. DMo will, like I said, get Kanter money most likely. Doesn't mean Kanter deserves 70M. But that'll likely be where DMo ranges. Middleton got 5yr/70M. I don't even know if DMo gets more than that.

And by hidden I mean in media sense. During the playoffs, when injuries were mentioned, Bev was mentioned much more often than DMo. Also DMo could've gone anywhere from starting, to the third option at PF last year if injuries hadn't occurred. The rockets already aren't a highly publicized team. With the spotlight on Howard and Harden, DMo is a hidden gem. If he were in a bigger light, the story could be different.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Jones has a lot of physical gifts but he lacks work ethic.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I always look forward to your posts and learn a lot from them. I feel Jones' problems are more from a lack of confidence, and somewhat less related to effort. He definitely needs to get better though, and D-Mo too.

19. malakas

malakas Member

after next year there will be another cap rise with the cap jumping another 18 millions or so and the ROOKIE max will get to 25 million.
    17- 20-25 in only two offseasons. So with someone let's say DMO or let's say Bradley Beal getting paid 20 per that is again under the rookie max by a good deal.
    The Bledsoe contract of 14 per is a good 10 mil under the new rookie max.
    The mle will get to 9-10 per (for exact numbers we should Bima beause I'm not a cap expert and also I don't like math).

Espn and the media are idiots. They said all year long wrong things about the expected salaries the players got and so..everyone got surprised.:rolleyes: Not to mention they said that everyone and their mother were dying to sign with the Lakers.
    The GMs on the other hand don't give a crap about what the media said and spent their money. Even SVG who was very oldfashioned and didn't go ahead with signing Caroll like he wanted because he thought the numbers were too much in the end gave in and gave Reggie his contract, after the last year gaffe with Monroe.

Casual fans and media don't know what it's going on. Even less casual fans like a lot of people posting in basketball forums like CF don't know what is going on but at least a good number weren't shocked by what they saw this summer.

20. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

That's why I'm leaning towards trading T. Jones and I think D. Mo value will be between 12-15 mill...Mainly BC the soft rebounder image but never the less we have plenty of options just throwing out the Bledsoe option bc for Phoenix a lineup of Knight, whoever at sg, Morris, T. Jones, Tyson might be enough to get 8th seed...It will leave the in a dog fight between them Utah and Dallas...In which Dallas I don't think is good enough for eight seed and Utah young guys are still trying to figure out how to win.Also will leave them with good enough space to upgrade bench and with there good training staff a veteran here or there would be willing to sign there for a year or two to rehab their body and\or image.