1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ariza should have better value than just Gibson IMO.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd be all over that deal, even though our defense would shrivel into hopelessness.

Calderon / Terry
    Harden / Thornton
    Melo / Brewer
    DMo / Harrell
    Dwight / Capela

I think the Rockets would have to sweeten the pot with one of DMo, Capela, or Harrell.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

If Harden is traded to the Lakers, what would you expect in return?

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Russell,Randle two firsts?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought we were already there, my bro-tha.

Harrell, perhaps.

Is Calderon expiring? I'd rather un-do our draft mistake and get their rookie PG and give them McDaniels.

Might explain why some of these players are "sick" and "DNPs" nowadays.

Such a move would have to wait to see if the Lakers keep their draft pick (would have to be top 3). A deal post-draft, in the summer.

Why give Harden what he wants, anyway?

6. malakas

malakas Member

He has imo as well. That's why they will have to add more incentive than just Taj.
    Ben Simmons.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Do it. Send Harrell. This team needs a massive shakeup.

Just be prepared for the most awful iso ball in the history of the NBA. Harden ISO, Melo ISO, Harden ISO, etc...

8. malakas

malakas Member

Why would Melo decide to leave NY to come play with HARDEN?
    What would make him think he can coexist with Harden? I dont see it at all.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He has a no trade clause. I doubt he would agree to this for the offensive reasons stated above, in addition to the fact that I doubt for personal reasons he wants to leave NYC.

But hey, you never know!

He would doom the Rockets to mediocrity for the next two years, but nothing is worse than watching the current squad not give a ****.

Honestly, the best thing to do is probably to let Dwight and Lawson walk, hope Harden grows up, figure out a way to get rid of Brewer, trade Ariza, and just rebuild from the ground up with a real coach and players acquired to make that coach successful. It's clear that Morey's all-in strategy has failed miserably.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Calderon is not expiring, but that doesn't bother me too much. That may even provide another resource for you to get Llull next summer.

Your idea isn't bad:

HOU In: Melo, Calderon, Grant
    HOU Out: Lawson, Ariza, Beverley, TJones, McDaniels

Bottom line, Houston does have the salaries and assets to get a trade done for Melo. The question has always been does Melo want out of NY?

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

That's about what I was thinking. Harden goes home. The Lakers have a superstar, and money to spend next summer. The Rockets rebuild with Capela, DMo, Russell, Randle, and draft picks.

12. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

#1252 Rocket4Life11, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Absolutely NOT.
    I am not shy to critisize Harden for his serious flaws BUT this is a bad offer.
    First of all Harden with 2.5 more years under contract is in no position right now to even ask for trade or demand a specific destination. (IF we go in a full tanking that takes much more time to bring results as always then things will be different. Harden will have much more leverage and the clock will be ticking. Not right now tho).

If we want to even think to trade Harden the likes of Randle and Russell is a bad offer. (Not to mention that the Lakers dont' have picks to trade. They owe 2016 top 3 protected next year unprotected to Philly and when that transfers then they owe the next to Orlando.).

The only Harden trade that is "realistic" and I would be willing to even consider would be Boston's.
    All brooklyn's picks and picks swaps, Smart, Bradley, RJ Hunter.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't know if he can co-exist with Harden, but I DO know Lawson can't, or at least hasn't.

Just my opinion, but I think this is the version of Melo the Rockets were trying to recruit last summer:

https://youtu.be/OxqQX2Do6Bw

ie, an elite spot up shooter that can carry the offense when Harden sits. If the Rockets got THAT Melo, then yes...I think he would fit.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I think that Melo is happy right now in NY. The games I have watched of NY he seems to be much more willing to both play defence and be held accountable but also PASS.

I also think of what Melo said about playing with Kobe and that shows he puts fit big enough in his mind as a criterion (we all know what's no.1 criterion for him=> market!). I'm not saying that Kobe of two years ago was the same as current Harden but I think that Melo has shown already a reluctance to join a team with a very high usage ball dominating iso guard.

16. basketballholic

malakas,

I assume you're still following your "home team" Bucks. What's the scouting report on Jon Henson?

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There are a few Bucks players I'd like to get for Harden. Henson...Middleton...Giannis...Jabari....Monroe..........any 2 or 3 of those would be great / pipedream

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

one reason I rarely enter this thread is the amount of ridiculous trades some have as an idea

just terrible

19. malakas

malakas Member

ofc I do. Henson has shown some improvement in defence the last 1.5 year (before that even tho he was an elite shot blocker he had serious trouble with defensive positioning) he has shown more spirit after last season's playoffs which is very important for a guy like him. Right now he gets around 18 minutes or so? He has that lefty hook that is very effective considering that his main move.
    He has played the last two games some pf as well next to Monroe.(he hadn't played pf since his rookie year).
    I have seen him this year use a couple of times his right hand which is an amazing step for him. Still weak in securing rebounds because as long as he is he's weak compared to some other centers :rolleyes: but elite at challenging shots. He can also hedge high as is required from our bigs smth Monroe can't do.

I think with the current cap a 11mil is overpayment but since his extension will come in effect next year and it's declining he is about what I would expect from a backup C with his skills.

I also think it's slightly possible that when Parker around January or February is able to overcome the minutes limitation Kidd will have to start using him again as starter and so it's possible that Henson gets the "starter" job and Monroe comes off the bench as he should. Because Monroe and Parker is not a viable frontcourt right now defensively.
    In the last 2 games ever since the big lineup change GA and JP have never played one single minute together on the court. Which is obviously the elephant in the room with the Bucks right now. If the two cornerstones don't fit I have not a clue what can be done.

So in the end I think that Henson is not available at all in a trade because his defence makes him essential to work the lineups.

20. basketballholic

Agreed. Me too. But this team is soooooo baaaaaaad I'm scrounging here for ideas. Frankly, I don't see any possible trades right now that represent anything that will help us. At this point I'm just hoping we can dump Brewer's contract for cap space.