1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. valorita

valorita Member

Morey just needs to get 2-3 of the highest bball iq players and trade them for the bottom 2-3 (tj, brewer) and we will probably decrease the number of facepalms in half.

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Eric Gordon for Ariza/Lawson/1st

or

Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson for Ariza/Lawson/Jones/KJ/1st

3. malakas

malakas Member

Because dwight is expiring bad knees and old and on decline apparently. Ibaka not only is EXTREMELY rare to find (shotblocking rimprotecting jumpshooting 4) but also is under better longer contract and much younger. Their value isnt even comparable.

In my opinion Chandlers contract is one of the worst in the league and will be an albatross pretty soon. I dont care what kind of voodoo their witch doctors do Chandler will be too old for a guy that relies that much in athleticism.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Tjones, Trez and Dekker for Kyle Korver :p:eek:

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hwxv3rn
    HOU out: Lawson, Ariza, Jones HOU in: Jennings, McLemore, Covington
    SAC out: Ben McLemore SAC in: Terrence Jones and Isaiah Canaan
    DET out: Brandon Jennings DET in: Trevor Ariza
    PHI out: Robert Covington and Isaiah Canaan PHI in: Lawson, picks, etc.

Then trade Brewer for a 3/D guy or backup big (preferably a stretch 4).

1 person likes this.
  6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

and Brewer for Channing Frye

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Yeah, that works.

Bev/Jennings
    Harden/Thornton
    Covington/McLemore
    Dmo/Frye/Harrell
    Howard/Capela

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Anything that gets Brewer out of Houston.

Unless the light clicks back on suddenly, but even then, I won't hold my breath. He was inserted into the game somewhere in the third quarter last night. Two Rockets possessions and two Brewer turnovers later, and the long hook comes out from stage left and snags him off the court....and he's still got that toothy grin on his face.

Maybe the contract he signed is making him press too much. He looks like he barely touched a basketball all summer and whoops! is trying to catch up (and trying too hard).

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Brewer to Orlando
    Lawson/Jones to Milwaukee
    Frye/Mayo/Carter-Willams to Houston

Beverley/MCW/Terry
    Harden/Mayo/KJ
    Ariza/Thornton/Dekker
    Frye/D-Mo/Harrell
    Dwight/Capela

1 person likes this.
  10. finsraider

finsraider Member

2 "Rebuilding" Trades

HOU In: David Lee, Avery Bradley, BOS 2016 1st
    HOU Out: Dwight, Beverley

HOU In: McDermott, Gibson
    HOU Out: Ariza, TJones

3 Offseason Signings
    Llull - 3 years $18 million
    Gentile - 3 years $10 million
    Alan Williams - 3 years $4 million

Bradley / Llull
    Harden / Gentile
    Brewer / McDermott / McDaniels
    DMo / Harrell / Dekker
    Capela / Gibson / Williams

1 person likes this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Yeah, he's been awful, maybe last year was a flash in the pan.

12. basketballholic

I think Brewer's contract has gotten him to not dig and concentrate hard enough. He's got his dough. I suspect he'll be a screwball player for the next two seasons before attempting to turn it on when he is an expiring again.

My opinion of Brewer's character took a significant downturn this summer. Found out some things about him that caused me to question him. Some of it started to drift out in social media. But that is just the tip of the iceburg with him. Lots of low character decisions throughout his life.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wont question the guys character .... dont have anything to base it on.

But I definitely will question his IQ .... He has to be one of the dumbest players I've ever seen. Dude is out of control ....

14. malakas

malakas Member

I find a lot of the lastest trade concepts very interesting (and not lopsided as is usual here) and repped.:)
    Just a little things to add:

Detroit steals value for nothing in this trade. Jennings just started having meaningful practices is not yet back on the court, noone knows how he will look like when he returns and even if he did Ariza has MUCH more value than him.
    Also unfortunately but Covingtons contract and position makes him equally valuable than the starting price we paid for Lawson (a late first rounder as projected at the time of the trade and cap relief). Since then Lawson's value has reached rock bottom and besides Philly will have 4 picks next draft to find young guards. They don't want Lawson this year, (otherwise they would have claimed Ish Smith off waivers before he signed with NO) they have two young guards tho flawed coming back from injuries very soon, and long term they will need empty slots to add all their rookies.
    I don't think Covington will go anywhere for a long while unless Hinkie finds a deal that he can't refuse and Lawson at his current state isn't it.
    Orlando has 3 young wings and already can't play them all. Brewer is the last guy they will want esp now that they have found a lineup that makes Frye work better even though AG gets less playing time.

While MCW value has reached right now rock bottom and there are some desperate souls that are looking at Lawson in the Bucks trade forum, I dont' think that a guy with his problems and his lack of defence will be a possible target for Mil. They just got out of the Sanders situation an they have put an emphasis to acquiring only good characters (to the point that right now the whole team is meek as sheep.).
    Unless it's for the likes of Trashquez Copeland and Plumplee.(all expiring).
    I find both trades very possible to happen actually the only problem I see is Chicago's historical reluctance to do ANY trades esp midseason. Scumleavy is coming back in about a month, let's see how he will look by then.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Classic Jopat "I know something you guys don't know, but I won't share it". If you were credible then you would be changing public perception just by stating what you did even without saying anything. Saying nothing almost makes it sound worse. Good luck for Brewer's public perception that you are obviously not credible.

Attacking Brewer because of his low skill level at shooting, or his reckless style of play is one thing, but questioning his effort (when he runs the floor harder & is in the best shape of any Rockets player) is pretty sad without actually having evidence. Or having evidence without the balls to share. Or worse yet, faking "secret" evidence that you won't share.... I guess that "evidence" was posted on your pay-site that I'm not worthy of getting accepted on.

16. malakas

malakas Member

What is shocking to me is that there are posters still falling for his fake insider act. It's always the same. I know this but I won't say. Then when an ACTUAL insider posts some info he says "Oh I already knew it from my sauces but couldn't share".:rolleyes:
    Amazing that there are still suckers who fall for this crap.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think personally that if the Rockets are above .500 by Christmas there should be no reason to "Blow Up" the team. You still have a good shot at a late season run, and who knows what could happen if you get in the playoffs (even with a low seed), but you come in playing super hot basketball.

Honestly I'd maybe rather prefer this team to surge and peak late with an embarrassingly bad start anyways. As long as you make the playoffs, and are hot at the right time.

There has to be data to show Morey when we are officially (or mathematically done) from making the playoffs. When that is, I dunno, but I would assume that if we are below .500 by Christmas the DATA would probably show us mathematically eliminated in the West.

So trading productive players like Dwight Howard right now would be totally off limits IMO for Morey.

However a trade between now and the end of Dec. involving the following is probably still on the table if Morey can get a deal done under our hard cap restrictions-

Priorities-

A. Move Lawson - Recoup loss of pick, and get cap flexibility for this year, and next. One move I contemplated was moving Lawson for Carl Landry straight up. It frees up nearly 6 million in salary this year, and next assuming the Rockets were going to pick up Lawson's next year TO, or non-guarantee. Maybe you get a 2nd rounder or 2 to make up for the 1st rounder that you gave up.

B. Move Brewer - much more tricky contract & player to move. Brewer is a player that really is only going to attract contenders. The Bulls? Cleveland? Heat? I dunno but he's likely hard to deal, and its going to be nearly impossible to move him for much salary relief in any at all.

C. Might be going ahead, and seeing if Jones can net you an upgrade or a pick that has value moving forward. I think most here know might thoughts on a Jones trade. The guy still has value until he gets removed from the rotation by someone like Harrell or D-Mo gets back and takes all his minutes from him. I like Capela moving to the 4 right now, but I still don't feel great about our big depth... as long as we are still playing to win big this year.

So... A & B for now are the two big moves right now. Come December let's reevaluate.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I agree with you that three most expendable players are Lawson, Brewer, and Jones.

Unfortunately all three are at rock bottom in terms of value. Not even the Kings would fall for our crap with those 3.

19. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

To Brooklyn: Corey Brewer/Ty Lawson/Terrence Jones/pick/cash
    To Houston: Thaddeus Young/Jarrett Jack

Brooklyn needs a small forward. They can deal Joe Johnson after this trade (I read Cleveland was interested after trading Haywood) and still have a nice squad.

OR

To Boston: Corey Brewer, Terrence Jones, Cleanthony Early, and a future pick from Houston.
    To New York: Ty Lawson
    To Houston: Jose Calderon and David Lee

Boston gets more pieces to trade for a star, the Knicks get rid of the Calderon contract, and we get proven vet players.

David Lee is having a great year and would be an awesome fit here. Calderon is exactly what we need. David Lee would start and Calderon could come off the bench or start, either way, he'll be effective in our system.

20. fattz

fattz Member

That is the way I think Howard will look 2 seasons from now but 2X's the cap space. 12M/per is the cost of a starting okay to good center. Pulling in Morris on the cheap off-sets some of his cost as well. Chandler plays with good posision; he pulls down 7+ boards a night just moving up and down the court