1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Trade jones Brewer n lawson

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Since the sixers have a high chance of getting the number one pick this year, would to rockets be able to trade for it since they have a surplus of bigs already?

Dwight+ Lawson for the number one. :rolleyes:

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The problem is nobody wants our ****ty players. Brewer, Deckker, Harrell, Lawson, TJ, Bev, Terry.... All negative value. Hell Dwight won't even fetch mutch.

Let Dwight and Lawson go this offseason
    Dump Brewer and Jones
    Bring back DMO and sign some shooters.

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Try keep the core together and change the role players. Trade Ariza and his stoopid 3s, he is the current Vince Carter. Never shy taking 3s instead of 2s.

5. malakas

malakas Member

I said what it would TAKE. As the post I responded to asked. Not if we should do it.
    If you are not prepared to part with Capella STOP asking for Bradley and even more for Smart. That's their price and I'm being generous here.

LOL nice joke
    Wrong. Some players have value. Ariza does and a lot, Jones has some remaining. Dwight should have some teams interested. Harrell and Decker also have some little value.
    Brew and Bev however is negative value right now so they better be kept until they can be at least neutral. Very bad looking contract. Terry was worthless in the first place in value.
    Lawson well..if he doesnt' even play what can be said. I would personally trade for him as a Bucks fans for some various trash expiring contract (Plumplee, Vazquez, Copeland) we have but no way the team does it with his off court issues.

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I wouldn't mind trading Ariza and Bev for Bledsoe. The contract works too.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

We would be stuck with Brew, but hey, you can't win them all.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Bledsoe is worth more than Capella currently does. Bev is negative and Ariza is a mid first. Bledsoe is at least a top 10 pick worth. Not to mention that the Suns backcourt is rolling and has no reason to be separated.

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

or Brew for Markieff Morris

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

They're 7-7

11. malakas

malakas Member

and seed no. 6 pretty comfortamble and their backcourt is scoring most of those points and Knight with Bledsoe have great chemistry and fit each other perfectly as it's obvious to anyone watching their games.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Houston OUT: Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones
    Houston IN: Markieff Morris, Timofey Mozgov, plus salary filler

Cleveland OUT: Timofey Mozgov, Tristan Thompson, plus salary filler
    Cleveland IN: Dwight Howard

Suns OUT: Markieff Morris
    Suns IN: Tristan Thompson, Terrence Jones

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Maybe so, but if they lose games and hover around 500 or below. They will look to trade also. I do think the Rockets are in a bad position to trade right now by playing so poorly. They have to improve their play to get anything for anyone. The only willing or likely trade partners right now are the dismal Pelicans or Sixers

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

The Cavs are set already. They won't be looking to trade anyone, but maybe JR Smith.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I take that back. They would trade Thompson and Verajao for Howard in a heart beat.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Howard & Jones
    ...for..
    Lee, Breadley, & Olynyk

Best value we can hope to get & the other team say yes.

1 person likes this.
  17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Houston Out:Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones, Ty Lawson, 2017 2nd Round Pick (From Denver), 2017 2nd Round Pick(From Portland)
    Houston IN: Joakim Noah,Taj Gibson, Jarret Jack, Bogdan Bogdanovic, 2016 1st Round Pick(From Sac)

Chicago Out: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell, 2016 1st Round Pick(From Sac)
    Chicago IN: Dwight Howard, C. McCullough, Markel Brown

Brooklyn Out: Jarret Jack, Bogdan Bogdanovic, C. McCullough, Markel Brown
    Brooklyn IN: Ty Lawson, T.Jones, Tony Snell, 2017 2nd Round Pick (From Denver), 2017 2nd Round Pick(From Portland)

Houston Lineup:
    Bev/Jack
    Harden/Jet/Brewer
    Ariza/Thornton/KJ
    Gibson/DMO/Harrell
    Noah/Capela

Coach: Thibs? Gundy?

If I was Morey I would just try to salvage a competitive team/roster. We need something new, its not Dwight Fault that we suck, but I dont see Howard and Harden getting over this season and being okay playing with one another.

If we are going to switch our style of play Gibson and Noah will be a good start since they have experience in laying down the foundation of a defensive team.

1 person likes this.
  18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

oops menat Bojan not Bogdan );

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

What could we do for Kyle Korver? He's having a slow start to the season but he'd be a perfect fit for a team that only shoots 3s.

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He's getting kind of old now. Doubt they blow up their core either.