1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. do work son

do work son Member

unlikely toronto jumps in to trade away ross and a 1st round pick to only get back terrence jones.

rubio is a horrible shooter. doesn't fit what we do at all.

jones papanikalou terry harrell dekker for lawson. who says no?

would leave the rockets with

Lawson/Beverley/Johnson
    Harden/Thornton/McDaniels
    Ariza/Brewer
    DMo/Smith
    Dwight/Capela

maybe a little much for denver, but it depends on what they want.

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I would love to get Kazemi from the sixers. He's a great rebounder. And is good at not getting in foul trouble. But we have a more athletic version of him in Harrell.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

In December:

Houston In: Jerebko, Gallinari, Smart, Barton
    Denver In: Bradley, Pressey, Lee, Papa
    Boston In: Lawson, Jones, Prigs, Dorsey, Brewer

Houston Out: Jones, Papa, Dorsey, Brewer
    Denver Out: Lawson, Gallinari, Barton
    Boston Out: Bradley, Pressey, Lee, Smart, Jerebko

Smart/Bev/Johnson
    Harden/Thornton/Barton
    Ariza/Gallo/Dekker
    DMo/Jerebko/Harrell
    Howard/Capela

4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Isn't Papa's value (or rather his contract's value) because the contract does not become guaranteed until late August? (i.e. he won't be a Rocket when season starts in all likelihood)...

Then again... how many of us thought JET was just a trade chip / asset / contract??

5. fattz

fattz Member

It is time to over pay for right point gaurd finish the team before Howard's window closes. One must pay to get the right talented player and the final piece to our championship team.

Smart
    For
    Capela, McDaniel (S&T), and Llull's rights PLUS 2 1st round PICKS

PICKS:
    trade T. Jones for a 1st, Portland pick, OR ours.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Toronto has a huge hole at pf and Ross isn't good. He really needs a change of scenery Besides the first I have them giving out will be a late first, while they will still get the worst of Den/NY next year that is projected to be high lottery.
    that's very bad for Denver PersianRocket.
    Pressey will be dealth soon to GSW in the trade of Wallace- Lee to becut and the other is crap. It's basically only Bradley who is worth a late lottery pick. Gallo and Lawson package should bring them much more back.

7. do work son

do work son Member

if we're gonna overpay for a point guard, it should at least be a good one. you're not giving up 2 guys drafted in the first round last year, plus 2 future 1st round picks, for 1 unproven point guard.

8. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I don't like Calderon's contract, but he's a great shooter, can create his own shot, and plays defense. If he gets cut for some reason he would be a decent addition for a year. He is getting older but would be an upgrade over Prigioni.

Also wouldn't mind giving Seth Curry a look after his SL performances thus far. Kid seems to have really improved.

#48 DustinS, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Calderon is a bad defender. I am open to giving Seth Curry a chance to make it to the team.

10. malakas

malakas Member

seth curry is only a shooter. Horrible defender no handles and no playmaking. So it won't solve our needs.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

twist my arm... Birdman/Chalmers on 1 yr deals and Napier on 3 yr rookie scale.... for expirings? We can do mostly expirings..
    I'll give em TJ, Kpap and Prig... cuts like 7-8M for them and they get a replacement for Birdman (at half the cost...)

PBev/Chalmers/Napier is a decent pg trio to run with...
    DMo/JSmith/Bird/Harell at pf....

not quite the big name at point we all want... but deep...

12. malakas

malakas Member

that's not good for us :p and I'm not sure if we can absorb all of this salary.
    Napier is not such a great prospect, and that's why he is being on the block already.
    I would rather if possible trade nothing (prigs, kpap) for Chalmers and be fine. That's if NOTHING whatsoever else has come up to find a good starting pg.

But I'm sure we can find something better.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Mario charmers really sucks, I watch heat games all the time. Stop wasting your time. I'll rather have back lin

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

The Rockets can. This trade makes a lot of sense because it gives the Rockets better backups at the 1 & 5, a decent young option to develop in Napier, and it increases their ability to stack salaries (both Chalmers and Anderson are expiring) for a bigger trade in season, if it comes available.

The fit makes a ton of sense if we can't get a significant player with Papa's NGC.

15. do work son

do work son Member

you already have capela as a backup. you don't need birdman. getting chalmers isn't worth it if it includes taking birdman too

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

New Orleans Pelicans in/Houston Out:
    Trevor Ariza
    Terrence Jones
    Kostas Papanickolau
    Nick Johnson
    Rights to Gentile
    and future 2nd round pick​

New Orleans Pelicans Out/Houston In:
    Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson​

MLE: Josh Smith

Starting Lineup:
    Dwight
    DMo
    Evans
    Harden
    Beverley

Bench:
    Capella
    Smith
    Anderson
    Brewer
    JET

3rd String:
    Harrell
    Dorsey
    Dekker
    DJ Kennedy
    Prigioni

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ariza is much better for this lineup at the 3 than Evans. That's a downgrade IMO.

18. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Ty Lawson may be the most ideal trade target for his scoring and handing out assist...may be the best fit for Harden that is on the trading block now.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

(Thinking about Codman's post from before)..As much as I like Ariza, he is yet another dude that cant create. Evans can. He is an off ball guard with decent handles, and is always attacking the lane. He would allow Harden breaks in creating for offense.

And while the Rockets do loose defense on the perimeter, this may be the only way to pry Anderson and Evans from the Pelicans. Hard to imagine another scenario...

Ariza's contract really has a ton of value, and dont think Morey will give him up easy...

Also totally forgot to add our new addition: Marcus Thornton

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Time to get Lawson for what I consider cheap:

Houston gets: Ty Lawson & Will Barton

Denver gets: TJones, KPap, Prig, Nick, Dorsey, maybe some cash to cover Dorsey and Prigs, and maybe a pick or two if needed (but doubt it with the issues)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ow2qekb

Lawson/Bev/Terry
    Harden/Thorton/Barton
    Ariza/Brewer/KJ(if retained)/Dekker
    DMo/Smith(definitely needs to be resigned)/Harrel
    Howard/Capela/(Another big)