1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cavs aren't breaking up now

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Detroit is nearing agreement on a deal to send guard Jodie Meeks to Orlando, league sources tell The Vertical.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/748209308299558912">June 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Love won't be traded. On top of that you're insinuating that we can get Love with assets like Ariza, Brewer, Harrell, and god knows what else. Those aren't assets and this statement is absolutely delusional. You have to get realistic and understand the general managers in the NBA are mostly very intelligent and not fans posting on forums. I would say the Kings have the worst front office in the league and they still wouldn't get this delusional.

4. JD88

JD88 Member

I think a trade package of Ariza (2 years left), Jones (QO), and KJ (1 year with TO) coupled with a future 1st is pretty enticing. They could potentially clear UP TO $11m in cap this year, and another $11m next year. That'd be nice to lure vets to Cleveland to play around Lebron.

As it stands now, Kevin Love is not playing like a $22m man. That, coupled with the fact that he doesn't even fit into their scheme (let alone their locker room), I do believe they'd be willing to trade him, despite what they may say. Look at it from their point of view:

He played 26mpg in the finals. He shot 36% from the floor, and 26% from deep. He averaged 9 and 7 a game. You don't think they'd at least entertain offers? I do.

Is the package enough? Maybe. Maybe not. But I don't think for a second they wouldn't trade him if the right offer came along.

Plus, if we were able to trade for Love, it would make our team more appealing to other FA's.

At this point in the process, we need to gamble. I think it's a good gamble.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice write up. But Sacramento would have the inside track on Ryan Anderson. Anderson is from the area and his parents and siblings still reside there.

With the death of his wife and recent injuries, family has been his biggest support. All depends on the Kings, but that would be his preferred team IMO.

In MDA's system, don't think Anderson is the best fit anymore. Spread 4 has to do more than just catch and shoot. Then there is his age and history of injuries, not a great investment IMO.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Was there a consensus on how Jimmy butler would do next to Harden?

I wonder how hard Morey is pushing for him, you know he's definitely checking in on him, at least. I'm starting to worry more about our ability to get 2 big names 2 sign.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude we have nothing to get Butler with what so ever lol

They wont be interested in Bev or Ariza if they are rebulding.

Harrell, KJ, Dekker and our draft rights are all mediocre assets

All we have is Capela and thats no where near enough to net Butler

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

This.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love Butler but don't think Rockets have the assets Bulls want. Getting Bledsoe from Suns or Noel from Sixers is more likely.

10. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Beverley and Ariza should be able to net you two first rounders. I wonder if the Bulls would be interested in three first round picks and some combination of KJ, TJ, Harrell, Dekker, or the rooks.

11. fattz

fattz Member

Ross & Patterson
    For
    Brew, McDaniels, Jones & rights to Llull

Pat is at TC and the Raptors are trying to move Ross ( has PPP) so our spare parts for theirs.

This would be a dream

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sign and trade Dmo to the Raptors for Patterson and Wright

Trade Beverley to the Kings for Mclemore and Butler

Dump Brewer using KJ and a pick.

Sign Conley to his max, sign Whiteside to his max

Conley / Wright
    Harden / Mclemore
    Ariza / Dekker / Butler
    Patterson / Beasley / Harrell
    Whiteside / Capela

Add some vets mins, put Payton and Onuaku in the D-League

13. CallMeTheDream

I don't think being gifted a star power foward for mediocre players is a gamble. Like you said his numbers were mainly off because of the system fit while at the end of the day they still won it all. If anything it's a gamble for the Cavs and if the finals had went any other way I'd be with you on this, BUT what's stopping them from doing a sign and trade for Horford and Love straight up.

14. JD88

JD88 Member

Trading Love for Horford straight up still only leaves them with 11 salaried players, 5 of whom are on the last year of their contract.

Trading Love for Jones, Ariza, and KJ and/or a pick gives them 13 salaried players, cap space, short term team-friendly contracts, and a future 1st to deal at a later date. Love still has 4 years left on his contract, I can't imagine they actually want to keep him all 4 years; not to mention he's not going to get better at any point soon. A terrible upcoming season and he's labeled as washed up.

My reasoning anyway. Trying to stay optimistic.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Sign Lin, Parsons, Gordon and Dudley
    Trade Ariza and Bev for Patterson and Ross
    Sign and Trade Howard and a future first to the Hawks for Paul Milsap

Lin/Gordon
    Harden/Ross
    Parsons/Dudley
    Milsap/Patterson
    Capela/Motie

Decent team with some trade assets.

16. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I like Milsap, the dude can ball. I just dont know why Atlanta would trade him, he's their best player. If Atlanta is blowing it up, then sure. Atlanta is in a spot where they can't contend with the Cavs but they are a really good team! Great structure. It's hard for them to tweak their roster to get better.

I don't think they are a Dwight Howard away from contending. Korver is old and they might lose Bazemore. If I do this as Atlanta, then I need to find a good swingman. If they do this, they should get Wesley Matthews next year or via trade this year, that would be a good move.

tldr: Love Milsap, just don't see a simple scenario for why Atlanta would trade him.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Horford is gone, Bazemore is gone (IMO).

No reason not to trade him.

But other teams can offer a lot more than we can.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

OKC trying to trade Kanter to make room for Horford

19. Ratman

Ratman Member

I believe kyrie and lebron like kevin love. Where do you get he doesnt fit into the locker room? They only have gotten closer after winning a championship also, realize i dont think kevin love is going to play that bad again, i think we all can bet that if another 7 game finals happens next year that he will play a hell of a lot better in it which is nice to think if you are in the cavs shoes.

20. do work son

do work son Member

is bledsoe still available/attainable?