1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

No thats not enough. Ariza+Dmo for just Horford. That should do it.
    Lawson doesnt have value.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Ariza and d-mo is not enough I believe. I think morey would of already did that deal ASAP.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Horford wasnt available. It was just others calling not them selling.
    But if horford doesnt really demands a big and spanish speaking city then the price will be more. Add to that Capela and a first.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

mmmm

he might not have.
    Morey highly values some things - like Ariza's contract. I bet he sees that as a 'must have' for the next 2 seasons, and I bet he also likes DMo being an RFA coming off the injury. He would probably see that as a rotation player on the cheap because whatever offer he gets will be very matchable.

I'm with you though, I'd swing that deal all day, every day. It might then force Morey to look for a starting 3 (Johnson + Bogdanovic for Lawson, Brewer, Jones + ?)

5. malakas

malakas Member

The important is that Bud is a coach/Gm and he doesnt want to rebuild. He wants to keep competing. Therefore perhaps in a vacuum they could get better value from lets say Orlando or Toronto but Dmo is a perfect fit for them and so is Ariza and they can keep competing.
    And if you throw too Capela even better.
    Ofc its a given before any trade the gm will have talked to duffy so that horford will resign for sure.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think we have a chance at Horford.

If they want a win now piece, we have Ariza but that is not enough, if they want to rebuild we have Capela, but that is not enough. Howard also has stated he isn't interested in playing for Atlanta which means no deal with him involved.

Perhaps we could get Schroder with Ariza, but I don't see much outside of that.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd rather send Dwight for Horford and Teague, then manoeuvre the capspace to add another significant wing piece over the off-season.

8. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Horford has more value then Howard. Howard has publicly voiced that he does not wish to play in Atlanta.

How does Howard net you both Horford who is more valuable AND Teague when Howard wouldn't even re-sign with Atlanta?

Don't see it.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Houston is a spanish speaking city, but yeah, they would still want more.

11. malakas

malakas Member

yes exactly. I would rep if I could.
    And Dwight is a bad fit to Bud's system. Dmo on the other hand would be perfect.
    Forget about both Horford and Teague for Dwight. Even in a vacuum those two in a package have much better value than expiring soon to be paid 30 million a year, 30y.o Dwight. Teague is in a great contract for next year and still in the middle of his prime, and Horford will get paid 25 per which will be great soon enough, and his game will age perfectly. (in contrast to Dwight's).

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

2 years and 3 months of Ariza along with restricted free agency for DMo in exchange for 3 months of Horford. That seems....unwise.

I'd suggest of any recent trade deadline, expirings will have the least value in this one. CONTROL is the precious commodity. I'd happily trade expiring contracts for control, even if it meant taking a short term step back in talent.

We need to seriously consider trading Dwight, and the Cavs are by far our best partner.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Dragic was traded for two very lightly protected firsts just one year ago. That's amazing value.
    But what matters is not if it's just expiring. What matters is how good the player is and if the team is willing to pay what he's gonna get.
    Horford if he agrees to get traded to a team of his choice who will give him the most money and years has no reason to leave.
    It's his last big contract.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How do we know if Dwight is a bad fit? They don't really have a genuine erasor big. Got to think an anchor is a valuable commodity for them.
    And sure, Dwight will decline over the next contract, but so will Horford. Dwight is still a difference maker, Horford (and Teague) are just high level role players. Give em DMo with Dwight to sweeten the pot if needs be.

Of course if Dwight doesn't want to play in Atlanta it is a massive no. I didn't see his words that he wouldn't re-sign there. If he said it, no dice!

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Horford is borderline on that second option/star status. Definitely an elite role player

17. malakas

malakas Member

He doesn't because of Atlanta's system. Everyone esp the starters must be able to shoot a bit and more importantly be good passers.
    It's all about fit. The GM is the coach here. It's not like the other Gms. He makes the decisions. And what they need is a 3 and some capspace to pay Bazemore. That's why we MAY be able to get into the convo with Horford. Because we have what they want and only if Horford wants to go to a spanish speaking market as a priority.
    Because if he has no problem going to Boston or Orlando or Toronto then he will get traded there. And they will take their offers over Dwight+ Dmo EVEN if in a vacuum the value is worse.
    Offers
    like Crowder + Dallas pick+ Lee.
    like Fournier + Harris
    or like Ross + NY lottery pick( about 15th)

Boston is under a lot of pressure to make a trade right now. This trade season until 18 February.
    They have BKN pick+ currently 19, 20, 31, 34, 49, 53, 58
    That's too many. Even the three firsts and the two good seconds are too many. You can't fit them in the roster. And as soon as these picks become rookies they immediately lose value (in 99% of the cases).
    And then there is Sullinger and Zeller and the Lee expiring that are about to lose completely all value.
    And there is Rozier and Hunter and Mickey and Young who are already losing value because of minimal or no playing time.
    Some times assets are too many.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Absolutely 100% correct. Atlantas system is like Spurs lite of the East. Rapid ball movement, cuts and pick and pop action. Dwight would be a pretty bad fit in Buds system.

But still, the thought of getting Horford makes me drool. A PF rotation of Horford/Smoove/and maybe DMO is right up there.

19. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Honestly I would throw in picks too and anyone not named Harden/Howard. Blake would be a fantastic star to put next to Harden. Then as people in the other thread are speculating, throw a max at Harrison Barnes and run Harden/Barnes/Blake/Howard... that would be ferocious!

Its not easy to get star players. I think we do whatever it takes to get him. With that being said I do not see Griffin wearing a Rockets jersey. I just dont see the value in our assets to make that happen. But it would be phenomenal if we could!

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dunno how you throw a max at Barnes with Harden, Howard and Griffin on the books already - I guess if the entire team was gutted and filled up with minimum salary guys.... nice video game dream though!