1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Would be nice

2. rogower

rogower Member

One more thing:

Whoever Goran Dragic gets traded to will almost certainly be the team that re-signs him. And whoever trades for Dragic is committing to resigning him. Don't forget that this team will be able to offer him a five year deal, not a four year deal. And if he is paid the maximum salary then this fifth year will be something like $24 mil. I would not want my team paying a 33-year-old Goran Dragic $24 mil during the 2019-2020 season. 2020! This is why I think Morey ultimately passes on Dragic and that some poorly managed big spender, such as Sacramento, trades for him instead. And that Daryl Morey trades for the more reasonably priced Ty Lawson, or Darren Collison, instead.

Would you rather trade for Ty Lawson, which means you have to give up the Pelicans pick, or Darren Collison, which means you can hold on to the Pelicans pick? I have decided that the wise move is to trade for Darren Collison. The idea is that Sacramento will be looking to effectively give Collison away after trading for Dragic. Collison is a very nice player and should excel in Houston's system. VERY reasonable contract, too.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Do you think there is even the smallest possiblity he was making a joke???

4. YaBoy

YaBoy Member

We traded our whole team fa that

5. YaBoy

YaBoy Member

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I do not want Rockets to trade for Goran Dragic. He is not even the alpha in the Phoenix back court. His mentality is to let Bledsoe and IT have the team. I don't want to pay that type of mentality big money because he will have the same mentality here with James and Dwight. We need a PG that believes it's his team to direct and that he tells James and Dwight were the ball will go. I can easily see Goran getting punked by his own teammates here in Houston in crunch time because it's happening right now in Phoenix. It's gotten so bad that he rarely get's meaningful playing time in the fourth quarter these days. To me that is bad news and not the type of PG guard we need on this team.

#1666 ballplayer, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  7. Remii

Remii Member

Trade anybody not named Harden for Cousins....

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Kings aren't trading the best center in the league.

9. Remii

Remii Member

My bad... I thought this was the 'What the Rockets should have done instead of going after Howard thread'...

10. fattz

fattz Member

So true, I was crying the day we signed him.

11. fattz

fattz Member

Now the glass superman is back on the shelf we can use the 2/3 of the cap space that is left to work around him.

Shved & a high 2nd round pick
    ...for...
    M. Leonard

Portland - Batum is out (wrist)... Shved can shoot, keep the ball moving and stay out of the way on offence and plays okay defense. Move Matthews to the 3.

Leonard has picked up an out side shot and is an BIG upgrade over Dorsey.

And

Terry, K.Papa & NOP pick
    ...for...
    W. Chandler and R. Foye

Denver - lottery pick and look at K. Papa for a year as they retool

Foye, Harden, Ariza, WC, DMo
    Bench:
    Bev, Leonard, Smith, Brewer

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like Detroit could be a good candidate to trade with. Seems like SVG wants to compete now instead relying on the lottery. They have won 11 out 16 and are now only 2 games out of the playoff picture. I'd like to get their pick. They need a PG now that Jennings is down. I would gladly give up any of our point guards for their pick, or a 3-way trade that lands us a contributor.

13. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

DJ Augustin got 35 and 8 tonight replacing Jennings :eek:

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Crap, horrible timing for him to go into Harden mode. Their second- rounder might be a bit too low for giving up Johnson or Canaan. Then again, Ainge was recently discussing how picks have great value. A future 40th pick might be better than a 32nd pick that is in the D-League. I would give them Shved, but they'd have to wait a month.

Their situation reminds me a bit of the Orlando Rafer trade. SVG's starting point went down and he wanted to stay competitive. Good trade for both teams as Rafer got them out of the East and we got Lowry.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Always liked Augustine, he is undersized but is really an efficient play maker.

DD

16. lr22

lr22 Member

PHX get:
    Brook Lopez
    Alan Anderson

BKN get:
    Brandon Wright
    Zoran Dragic
    Kostas Papanikolaou
    Alexy Shved
    NOP's #1
    NYK's #2

HOU get:
    Goran Dragic

Nets cut salary for this yr and next yr, acquire a young prospect and quality picks(which they're desperate for).
    Suns get much needed inside scoring help in Lopez.
    HOU get a PG who can contribute with/without Harden.

17. Zbed

Zbed Member

Rockets in: Ryan Anderson, Jimmer Fredette

Rockets out: Kostas Papanikolaou, Jason Terry, 1st rounder

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

One thing I don't understand, why didn't Morey try to trade Howard for Wiggins this summer. The way Minnesota was delaying the inevitable I wish Morey swopped in like he always does and nabbed Wiggins to grow with a 25 year old Harden and 24 year old Dmo.

That team would be just as competitive as they are now.

19. awc713

awc713 Member

Nobody's discussec jrue holiday. Maybe their team is too close to contention to trade him, but I'd love to pair him with harden. Think we match up well with them trade wise too. NOP plus Canaan plus Pap plus PF plus future 2nd?

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Timing-wise you can probably forget about it with the Jennings injury, but he's not a bad under-the-radar suggestion.