1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Tjones is gonna get paid more than MKG and imo, it was a matter of who is valued more going forward...

a) cheaper MKG with DPOY-like potential down the line that can maybe replace Ariza 2-3 years from now?
    b) more expensive but more proven commodity in a 15-7 PF, which we will have TWO of since we will likely keep DMO.

2. basketballholic

It's really inconsequential which of these guys get paid more. Neither player is going to get a big contract when their rookie contract is over unless they show they can shoot the basketball outside of 3 feet from the rim. Terrence basically shoots 30% from everywhere on the floor outside of finishes at the rim, and MKG is at about 37% everywhere but at the rim.

Without drastic improvement in their shooting...MKG is looking like a Tony Allen clone and Terrence Jones is looking like another great athlete that meanders around the league for a few seasons before dribbling off to Europe.

3. fwood_rockets

fwood_rockets Member

So I looked up some stats... and apparently you're wrong. Last year Tjones shot 39% from 10-16 ft. He didn't shoot a lot from there, but you're wrong on his percentage. He also shot virtually the same from 3-10 ft, and he did take a lot of those. It was his 2nd most frequent shot.

I don't want to get in an argument over Tjones in here because that's not what this thread is about. I'm just pointing out that you should actually look up stats sometimes.

4. basketballholic

Just for the record:

Terrence Jones shot 124/350 from everywhere on the floor except 0-3 feet. That equates to 35.4%.

Close enough for you?

35.4% from everywhere but the rim is not good enough to earn a big contract. Sorry.

5. Nils

Nils Member

I've read that nobody wants Calderon here...if we can get him for cheap, he'd be a very good fit here. He's probably having an off year bc the entire organization is off(Knicks). The new triangle offense, everyone else being injured or traded...that's a bad environment. If you get him here, surrounded by happy players, people that WILL play D, and a coach that would cater to his strengths...I'm thinking that he'd make a great backup PG. He can shoot lights-out, loves to get dimes, and takes very good care of the ball(very low turnover rate). You can trust him in the clutch, and can't foul him(85-90% FT). He's not perfect(defense and age), but he's a pretty good beach guy, who loves to compete. In the right situation, I believe that he'd flourish with our team. If we can get Dragic, Jennings(very good player), Knight(my favorite PG target), or even Williams, then Calderon is probably off the table, but I wouldn't count him out as a solid contributor on a championship team.

6. Nils

Nils Member

I think that this could be a great trade for us:
    Papa, Canaan, NOP pick
    FOR
    Brandon Knight, John Henson

You get the badass PG who'd fill the void...and a capable big man to backup Dwight, Smoove, and DMo. I know, I know....no one wants to give up the pick, but you have to make this attractive to the Bucks. I might even throw them Terry for Dudley too..

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Does anyone know if Mo Williams is on the trade block? Think he be last piece of the puzzle for a big playoff push.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think that will be attractive from the Bucks point of view. Canaan would weaken the 1 position, and Papa's confidence level after his injury is low too. The Pelicans pick would be useful for them, but that won't be enough.
    Knight is a RFA too, they don't have to trade him.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No idea, but my guess is he shouldn't be too hard to obtain.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I would give my left nut for us to go pick up little nate since they just bought him out. I've always wanted to see that nate in a rockets uniform

11. Nils

Nils Member

Good point...I didn't realize that he was restricted...include the Knicks second rounder...that's basically two 1sts. I'd love to see Knight and Henson on the Rockets.

12. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Rockets Get:
    T.Lawson

Nuggets Get:
    R.Jackson
    A.Shved (expiration of contract)
    K.Papa (team option)
    NOP pick

Thunder Gets:
    P.Beverley
    T.Jones
    Rockets' second rounder pick (Via NYK)

13. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Rockets Get:
    Goran Dragic

Jazz Gets:
    K.Papa
    T.Jones
    NOP pick

Suns Get:
    E.Kanter
    P.Beverley
    Rockets' second rounder pick(via NYK)

1 person likes this.
  14. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Canaan/Capela/papa/ NO pick for MCW

15. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

i would do an 3 way trade with NY.

hou in : MCW, Grant + 2nd rounder (PHI)
    Hou out: Capela, Papa, P. Bev + Nola 1st (if don't want to include 1st add TJ instead)

Phi in: Capela, papa, P. bev, Carlderon + Nola 1st
    Phi out: MCW, Grant + 2nd rounder

NYin: L.R. mbah a moute
    NY out: Calderon

reason NY joins in is for money savings. get rid of calderon contract and pick up 1 year exp. contract from phi

Phi does it with this they get 2 PG and 2 first rounders

Roc gets a starting PG who can handle ball. and we still have TJ.

MCW / Cannan
    Harden / Brewer
    Ariza / Grant
    Dmoe / Smith / TJ
    Howard / Dmoe / Dorsey

16. CertifiedTroll

17. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

18. basketballholic

Calderon won't be coming here. Not good enough to take up 2016 cap space.

19. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

You can't trade 4 people and only get one in return, its simple quantum physics.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Trying to get us Dragic - I see PHX wanting a SG.

Rockets
    Dragic

Suns
    Stephenson

Hornets
    Papanikolaou
    Jones

Phoenix gets to try Stephenson as their SG for another season, see if he pans out for them.
    Charlotte ditches something that wasn't quite working for them, gets a talented young PF to add to their stable.
    Houston gets the PG they need.