1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TZw-OiXHEuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Capela + Daniels + Dorsey + Johnson + NOP pick for Mozgov (they gotta take Dorsey off our hands). TPE + 2nd rounders for Bass

Dwight / Mozgov
    Jones / Bass / Dmo
    Ariza / Kpap
    Harden / Terry
    Beverly / Canaan

Seriously, am I crazy to think this would make us legit with depth. Is giving up Capela and the NOP pick too much? I would think whoever drafts 12th or 13th overall would be happy to get a Mozgov quality player.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Maybe replace Nick Johnson with Tarik Black since Dmo can be our 3rd center/PF and we could use another guard (besides Garcia)

4. markelliott1997

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I would love to shoot for Dragic now, and maybe go after Henson or Ilyasova?

6. fv court

fv court Member

I think you are seriously undervaluing the NOP pick. That draft pick was the compensation for Asik trade. Do you think Mozgov is better than Asik?....so much better that we also include the 25th and 42nd players chosen in the 2014 draft (Capela and Johnson)??

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I addressed that point earlier somewhere (asik->NOP pick -> Mozgov) wouldn't make much sense, you're probably right, but things change. But keep in mind, the deal was also done to get Asik off the books, plus Mozgov could be a better fit (better contract, won't b**** about backing up Howard). Just cuz we gave up someone like Asik for that pick doesn't mean we're getting a player as good as Asik for him. Different teams, different circumstances. Not saying you're wrong, but wouldn't be the worst thing to give up assets we don't use for solid depth. Johnson has very little value, let's be fair. Jury won't be out on Capela for a while, but doubt Morey would hold onto him if we had an opportunity for a serious upgrade this season.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I say we go for Jeff green

9. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

**** Mozgov, he will be too expensive... I want Jeff Withey

10. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Trade our NO 1st/2nds/trade exception/whatever for Dragic and Scola. Sign Dragic to max if he proves it, he will be the scorer/playmaker we need to take pressure off Harden. Scola can be a one year band aid backup PF, would bolster our bigs, and will be off the books at the end of the year so we can sign Millsap in the offseason. Mini Rocket reunion! He look ok.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

We can't acquire scola until his current contract runs out per the amnesty clause rules.

12. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Phoenix can get so much more for Dragic... and if they couldn't I doubt they would want more draft picks. If they trade anyone it will be Bledsoe.

13. fattz

fattz Member

This is a homer three way:

Houston
    IN - W Chandler, M Teletovic, R Foye and J Nurkic
    OUT - J Terry, DMo, C Capela, N Johnson, rights to Llull, NOP pick, 2 2nd's
    Houston everyone less Nurkic contract ends this season.

Denver
    IN - J Terry, DMo, N Johnson, and NOP pick
    OUT- W Chandler, R Foye, J Nurkic
    They do it for the pick and the pick alone.

Nets
    IN - C Capela, rights to Llull and 2 2nd rounders
    OUT - N Tevetovic
    Nets get younger and some draft picks plus they will spend the money to bring Llull over.

Our NEW ROCKETS
    There is so much depth and so many line ups going forward. I think the starting lineup:

Harden, Ariza, WC, Tevetovic, Howard

The bench is a strength:
    Bev, Foye, Papa, Jones, Nurkic

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I only say this out of how much I have loved this mans trash talking since I was like 8, but do y'all think getting kevin Garnett would be a good back up for dwight?

KG is actually scoring around 7 points and 8 rebounds a game.

We should just grind out KG and Terry for there championship and veteran experience until
    2015 or 2016 free agency

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Here is a question -- how gettable is Greg Monroe?

I mean, I think he could be the perfect fit for what this team needs -- he could start at PF, play some center, rebound, shoot the midrange game, is a good passer, Dwight can help hide his defensive issues -- I think he would be a great fit.

What would it take to get him though? I mean, moving him would allow them to give Drummond more minutes, and that team is terrible anyway -- so they may want to go with rebuild mode where you lose games and play young players.

We could fit Monroe into the trade exception -- but what would they want to make that trade happen? Does the Pelicans pick even make a dent in that asking price? How about that pick and Capela? Are we getting close with that offer?

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets decided to go away from the third star concept, Channing Frye poises a risky possibility. Injuries scare me, but he is a 40% plus catch and shoot 3 point shooting PF. Should mention he can't be traded until December 15th or so.

#796 Joe Joe, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  17. raining threes

Perfect player to fit the Rockets offense is Danilo Gallinari. He shoots 3's well, can handle the ball and rebounds well enough. He can create offense on own. This would allow D-Mo to get 25-30 Mins at backup C/PF.

Wonder what it would take to get Gallinari?

I kind of like the Bev/Pels pick for Teague.

18. basketballholic

The huge issue with Monroe is he doesn't come with Birds rights. You trade for him, you basically have to then clear cap to re-sign him, most likely to a deal approaching $14-15 million starting salary. In my opinion, acquiring Greg Monroe in trade this season is probably not even on Morey's list of possibilities because of how it limits our options going forward in 2015.

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Oh wow, good call man. Yeah, as good as a fit as I think he is, that really does put the kibosh on that idea. Damn -- I was all ready to start obsessing over that possibility in the back of my mind as I watch all of our injuries and lack of depth cause me to chew the tips of my fingers off.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is just coming back after a serious injury, I kinda like him, but we have too many injuries already. Denver will probably want to hang on to him for now, I guess.

Bev/Pels pick for Teague is a bit too much for me, although I realize that Atlanta will probably try to get as much as possible in return for him( if they want to move him).